Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
    Hi y'all.

When you're feeling down, just remember you are worth it. You are worth fighting for.

This is so true, It wasn't until I gave up alcohol because I decided that I deserved better that I have stuck at it.
    Not for anybody else but me.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Welcome Shell and Honeysoup, it may take a few days to feel it but life's just better overall without the booze.

Comment

The difference between "TRY" and "TRIUMPH" ...
        A little "UMPH" !
        Go as far as you can see.
        When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Thank you for your lovely messages and tips. I'm a Aussie so it's night time here and pleased to report I'm going to bed sober!!! I know the next 7 days are going to be tough and I'm worried about withdrawal symptoms but I'm loaded with herbal teas and water and a good book. Will check in tomorrow.

Shell2575

Comment

What NS said...Not having that daily struggle, weekend struggle is FREEDOM. Anyone can have this, we just have to remember there's really nothing to think about, that is, when you take the choice off the table. For me, I think too much, and this is a relief. Feeling all the 'stuff' is normal and what we humans are suppose to do. It's best not to run from it, numb from it. Lately, I've actually felt much stronger, stronger than I've ever been in my life because I've faced some difficult stuff and felt it all. I can handle this stuff. So can you.

Welcome Shell and Honeysoup. Let this be your LAFQ. It's worth it.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Nesters!

Looking forward to another sunny day of snow melting in my portion of the nest
              I'm tired of looking at the snow mounds covered with road dirt, ha ha!

Grateful to be well rested & ready for a busy day.
              Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Groundhog day.
              PS: The groundhog has predicted an early spring - yay!!!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Morning, Fellow Nesters!
                Welcome back, HoneySoup and welcome aboard, Shell! Stick with us and at 7 days you will get a prize from your nestmates! Those first 7 have to get done, so might as well be NOW! Next week this time, you will feel like you have really accomplished something!!! I remember when I first started, I hadn't gotten thru an EVENING sober, let alone a week! You never know what you can do until you TRY...and TRIUMPH! (thanks, MyWayIn!) Take each craving on a case by case basis! We are glad you're here!

Hope everyone has a peaceful day! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

I slept like a log last night and didn't make it to the gym this AM but feel energized and ready to tackle my desk at work. Have a great day everyone!
                  The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Snow day here! Kids are thrilled. LAV, we have a lot of white snow here - not dirt covered yet. Hope yours melts soon - snow should not be brown!

Not much to say here except that I plan to workout today, eat well (I have really noticed a difference eating like crap), and get a little work done - the rest will be playing with kiddos in the snow. Have a good day everyone!
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, while I have never been married, I have had strong relationships. We all know that any commitment to another person and ending that commitment is sooo hard (even if it was your decision). One idea to help you get through this is to replace wine with special friends, remarkable friends will be there for u and a lot more healthy. Take good care of yourself.

Comment

How does one find the Toolbox? thx

Comment

Happy Tuesday,

Well I am all settled in for the storms, plenty of activities to keep me busy, as long as the power stays on, and if not puzzles by candle light.

Kensho - Hope you and the kiddos enjoy your snow days.

Shell - Welcome, you have found a home. Pull up a twig and stay.

Hope everyone has a safe and AF day.
                          JDG
                          Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Hi Lifechange: sorry I made this confusing. What I meant is that I have abused my body for years because of drinking and it is now screaming out to me -- help, help. Am sure most people know that A not only affects your mind, it plays havic on your body. Am getting tests tomorrow to see how I can reverse the damage. Thx for the concern.

Comment

Originally posted by upandover View Post
                              Hi Lifechange: sorry I made this confusing. What I meant is that I have abused my body for years because of drinking and it is now screaming out to me -- help, help. Am sure most people know that A not only affects your mind, it plays havic on your body. Am getting tests tomorrow to see how I can reverse the damage. Thx for the concern.
                              UpandOver, the link to the Tool Box is below in my signature line. B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

3 weeks and oh my god did the crowd at work make sure I felt challenged this evening... grrrrrr........
                                Pleased to say the only thing that's passed through my lips this evening are a number of swear words!!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X