No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT's BULLSHIT Honeysoup. All Lies. Don't believe the AL voice. Believe the voices here. Have faith that it'll get better. Stay close to the nest.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

For those of you who don't know prepare to be jealous. The original Prmanti's was a all night Diner located in the heart of Pittsburgh's warehouse district. They served a sandwich that consisted of a belly bomber hunk of meat served on a hacked off piece of an Italian bread and topped off with greasy french fries and coleslaw all smashed together and eaten late at night. It was discovered by the college crowd in the early 70's and was the place to go after the bars closed.
      Last edited by TJAF; February 5, 2016, 11:00 AM.
      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
        You will be okay if you dont drink.
        Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
        there is never a morning that you will wake up and wish you had that drink the night before.
        Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
        ADDICTION SUCKS. LIFE is good!
        Hi, Nest:

THESE are the words I will live by today. Pearls from some pearls.

Happy Friday and no ticket to boozeville here.

Pav

Comment

Morning,

Going through some stuff with my son. He is fine but his gf is a permanent resident of crazyville. I am trying to stress the importance if making good decisions at his young age that will have a positive effect later in life. Raising kids should come with a manual!

Lav - More snow? You guys just thawed out.

Elosie - dreams are my warning sign. I always dream of drinking before a setback, so I put my plan into action and tell someone. Enjoy your Asia trip.

Good to see everyone else here. Have the best AF day ever.
          JDG
          Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

For giggles I took the Alcohol dependency Use Disorder Identification Test (Audit) as if I was still drinking. They say that if you score above an 8 you have a problem. I scored in the 20's , that's like a perfect score on your SAT's. HA! guess I passed that test didn't I.
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Perfect description TJAF. All of a sudden, I'm starving!
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Howdy! Happy Friday!

Doing well here. Just focusing on work - and trying to make sure I get my exercise minimum met. I've been enjoying time with the kids. Braided bronco-colored yarn into my ddughter's hair today! And I finished a couple clay pendant necklaces for gifts. I love my hobbies and have had a lot of fun finding more time for them. Nit really craving alcohol right now, but the urges hit hard sometimes. New territory here soon.
                Makes sense that I don't know how to feel right now because I haven't been alcohol free for this much time in probably 20 years. A "sobering" fact.
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

I go to Asia in about 2 weeks Jvo.
                  Brydie gives the best advice ever. I am kind of amazed at how you continue to offer such sound advice, my repetoire is rather limited. Sort of like my cooking.

I spend a lot of energy venting here so I think I need to say it : guys things are pretty good!
                  My thumb looks pretty good and I started physical therapy.
                  My hd is way more relaxed now that we moved. I am drawing daily and found a figure drawing session to attend. I cant express how happy and grateful I am to have stopped drinking. Life is very different since we moved, thank god.

Oh and there are horse show events here every month.

Love the roll call these days, really amazing work here!
                  (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

That's all great news EL

J-vo & TJ, I think I'll let you two reminisce about those sandwiches. I'm pretty sure one of them would kill me at this point, ha ha! It's amazing the stuff we used to eat as youngsters

Kensho, when I first started here I remember clearly trying to figure out how a non-drinking & non-smoking adult was supposed to behave & feel. It was new territory for me as well. Don't worry, it's pretty good & much easier than you think!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Eloise, love hearing that you are in a good place.....happy days!
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I have mentioned before but there is a great site on facebook called Sober Nation. There are great articles, advice, inspiration.....worth a look at for everyone from from day 1 to long-termers.....
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Afternoon nesters

TJ i scored 20+ as well. Every question scored high. now we would be a 0, woo hoo.

Daisy i love that site, so much inspiration. Lots of positives and support and i just love the pics posted with their days of sobriety. Something to be very proud of. Congrats on hitting 90.

Lav i always wondered how adults behaved, i am still not really there yet but i do feel more grown up now!

My son is 7 weeks sober today and such a happy soul. He said the best thing about being sober is he does not continually sweat and this happened even on the days he didnt drink. I asked him the 2nd best thing and he said not as much anxiety. He can now see the positives of not drinking and as we know that is a major turn for us instead of feeling deprived.

He is going to visit friends in March and a friend posted "time to party". My mum asked if he would drink and i said it was his choice only what he did, just as it was my choice if i drank. My son then asked "mum why do people always associate drinking with partying? i dont have to drink to go to a party".

A nice summers day today, lots of washing done and god forbid i did some cooking. Now i am procrastinating about sanding my dining table but one never knows. Then again i may nap and watch The Blacklist.

Take care xx
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava,I get exactly what your son said about the sweating! I used to have to avoid flip flops and sandals cuz I'd sweat so much I'd be slipping and sliding everywhere,also had to use this special extra strength anti perspirant or I'd get armpit circles,now I can wear any shoes and use regular deodorant,funny how I forgot about that until your post haha,congratulations on your sons 7 weeks,excellent at his age to overcome this now rather than later
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quiet day here, hd 'off site' (haha).
                              Now that being sure not to drink does not have to be the focal point of my day I have not spent so much time here. However, because of Brydie I KNOW that I must continue to stay connected. So, here I am.
                              Hi.
                              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hope everyone is okay.

Yesterday was tough, very tough. I'd a very stressful week and it's not over yet. My procrastination has caught up with me and I have two days to complete 2 reports of 1,000 words each

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X