Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Nesters, happy Thursday to all

Sunny & it's not snowing here - yay!

Hello & welcome Neo, glad you decided to join us!
    Please stick around & let us know how you are doing. Sounds like you have a pretty intensive plan, good for you!

CONGRATS ON 800 AF DAYS PAV!!! :welldone:

Ava, good for you protecting your boundaries!
    Some people are just so difficult, I understand. I've been thru having the difficult parent living in my house & of course the difficult spouse as well. They are all soul suckers in one way or another. I hope you find suitable living arrangements!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF day!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello nesters,welcome Neo congratulations on 800 days Pav!that's a wonderful thing to read this morning Kensho,can you share what kinds of things you're eating during the day? NS,suggested a whole 30 for me,I told her I don't think I could last 30 minutes on the plan haha,hope everyone has a great day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
        Welcome to the nest, Neo! Please do stick around, we have lots of success here. Getting thru those first 3 days is tough, but it does get MUCH better after that, as you know. All you gotta do is get thru THIS day! Be sure to EAT, that will go a long way to helping you ride thru a craving!

The P-AVA Twins! I am so proud of both of you! What an advantage to have a quit buddy like that! It is good to have an accountability partner!! I had one up until 6 months and when she fell I thought I was doomed. I felt so alone and vulnerable. I took my own advice and just got thru a day at a time and I learned that relapse is always a possibility, but it doesn't have to happen to ME! It is my choice and I choose to stick with my support group and stay the course!
        800 days is EPIC! :celebrate:

Hope everyone has an easy day! The weekend is in sight! Enjoy your dance tonight, J-VO! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy happy 800 days Pav!! So impressive. You and Ava are such a gift to have here, I appreciate you guys sharing your journeys, the good (mainly) and the bad.

Have a great day!!

Comment

Happy 800 days Pav!!! Wonderful!!!!:yay:

Ava, I agree with Lav. We know deep down what our main triggers are. Even though you love your Mom, you just can't live with her and that's ok. You also can't live a good life while drinking, so watching out what is best for you is a must. Good for you.

A kid threw a pencil at another kid, eye started oozing blood. OMG. It's only the beginning of a long day.

Welcome Neo!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Congrats on 800 days to both Pav & Ava. You guys have been key support beams holding up my sobriety roof and I count you both among my blessings.

Kensho, you sound good- steady, rich, substantive. Your tone gives me the same feeling I get about something I know is predictable and dependable. That inner peace is the direct result of accumulated time sober. You're doing great and I'm excited to see your sobriety bank get fatter each day.

Ava, I feel for you. I still fall into the trap of trying to make sense of why my mother acts and thinks the way she does. I don't know if Ill ever stop wishing she'd love me and be proud of me. Seems like it came built into the program of life. I'm glad you got more than 2 years under your belt, and your MWO family to come around to whenever you need to vent. It always helps, and I know I always enjoy and learn from your posts. They literally infuse me with strength.

Congrats also to Moni and JDG! Welcome Neo and wishing you strength on day 2 ☺

Hi to Byrdie, Lav, NS, LIlBit, Dutch, Daisy, Jvo, Matt, TJAF and all of the Nest. Wishing everyone a great day!
              AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Good morning everyone. I'm back from my trip. Lovely time. Buried in work. Just wanted to say hello!
                The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Hi all,

Late checking in today, been busy got my hair did. It was long overdue it has been over a year and since I stopped spending all my money on AL I though I would treat myself. Everyone sounds great! Keep it up.

JDG
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Getting into some seriously cold weather in my portion of the nest - goodness!!!
                    I think the wind chill even got to be too much for my chickens this afternoon.. They all went to bed early, ha ha!

Nice to see everyone busy & doing happy, normal, healthy things. Much better than isolating ourselves with a bottle of poison, right?
                    Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Grief Lav! All I hear from you is cold, snow, ice... let's change it up, huh?

JDG - I *LOVE* those rewards that feel free - that money that we would have spent on alcohol. I'm getting a little pedi tomorrow - in the name of "Friday" and "sober" and "just because".

I don't think I congratulated PAV on those 800 smackers! Tremendous. Awesome. Brilliant. So happy for you!

Jane, such nice words from you! I was thinking earlier today how really wonderful I was feeling. Not giddy, not excited or manic, not high, not animated. No, the feeling that seems to strengthen as I get farther away from alcohol can only be described as peace. Very happy at times, crying at other times - but with a quiet and deep self-assurance. There's no feeling like it. It's not loud - it's just "right".

Pauly - oh my gosh. Day 4 here. We have been eating well. Meaning I have been cooking yummy and varied foods. I knew my husband wouldn't last if I made chicken and steamed broccoli every night. I start the morning with a cup of coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon - rich and satisfying (and the caffeine buzz is a more steady all-day thing). Breakfast is eggs with vegies, sometimes hash browns, maybe chia seed pudding, and I have a good hollandaise recipe with bacon. I have turkey, tuna or egg salad lettuce wraps for lunch, or salmon lox with homemade Whole30 mayo/lemon/green onions between cucumber slices. Favorite dinner recipe so far has been "crispy carnitas" - Good Lord - so yummy. Served it with cabbage/lettuce, guacamole and tomatoes. I have some great fish recipes, lots of croc-pot favs and have amended many of our current menu items to be compliant. La Croix flavored water, tea and lots of filtered water to drink. We were VERY tired and irritable days 2-3. I feel good though. I find (and my carb-aholic husband does too) that the food is very satisfying after the sugar withdrawals - which for me was lightheadedness and brain fog and tiredness. But you know how to stop consuming something you thought you loved - so you have discipline that would give you an advantage!
                      Last edited by KENSHO; February 11, 2016, 11:54 PM.
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Night, Nest. LLLOOONNNGGG day at work, but I'm checking in.

Pav

Comment

Good morning Nesters, TGIF too

Kensho, just so you know - it's a sunny 7 degrees here this morning, ha ha!!!!
                          I hope my chickens didn't stick together overnight. They were practically sitting on top of one another on the roost last night when I closed them up for the night, LOL
                          Good job on the new eating plan!

Hello to everyone & wishing a great AF day for all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

End of Day 3 for me and have ate well today with good food. Unfortunately still feel a bit confused and tired. I think the safe option would be to use a valium. Have taken none today

Comment

Good Morning, all!
                              :checkin:
                              Hope everyone has an easy day....it's just Friday, not a ticket to BoozeVille! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hey nesters, Kensho,its great that hubs is on board with the eating plan when I was looking at'whole 30' recipes I seen a sample breakfast of eggs on top of spinach and I think that's when I headed for the hills haha,yuck!maybe cuz I'm not much of an egg fan,Lav,its gonna be 75 here today but I know vegas,next week may be back in the 40's,hope everyone has a fab Friday
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X