No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byrdie, my eldest girl is having a baby. Thanks for the congrats everyone.
    Just had a laugh with/at my sister. She has had bad PMS. I was already texting her jokes earlier, then I got seious and asked if she had PMS....she text back saying she has medication when she needs it...I text back 'I think you are ovary-acting.' Let's just say I can't repeat what she said back to me! Think I'm in trouble!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Jane,that brought tears to my eyes,I was that bad,actually worse and it only took one year from the time that I started drinking: (
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ACK Jane! That's painful! I did that (well some of it). I drank and re-filled bottles, and told myself I wouldn't drink the next day. I didn't gray or black out, but I was definitely irritable and mean. YUCK! Thanks for the reminder of that person I don't want to be!!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Jane, I love the bubble hour too...Ellie and the others and their stories are so helpful. Drinking makes a lonely existence, paranoia, self-doubt.....when you hear them chatting, so full of life and honest, it gives hope. I especially found them a great help in getting my mind in gear to quit.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Daisy, CONGRATS on your 100 AF days :yay:
            Stay on your plan now, have no regrets.

Jane, that indeed was a sad story. I think we can all relate to some degree.
            I have no desire to step near that territory ever again, no way!

I have to be up & out early tomorrow morning so I'll just wish everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

Congratulations, Daisy!

Jane - thanks for sharing. I consider the Bubble Hour (thanks, NS) one of my big sobriety tools, too. Sort of like going to a "meeting" in a way. The episode about Ellie's relapse (after FIVE YEARS sober) is, well, sobering. Can't be too vigilant here!

I got some good exercise today and made a good, healthy meal. I'm starting to pull out of the funky fog I was in. Phew.

Mr. G - COME BACK. We miss you.

xo
              Pav

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Thursday, where is everyone?
                Sunny & chilly here but that's much better than snow
                I'm at my granddaughter's house today, fun times!

Glad you are feeling better Pav.

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning, Fellow nesters!
                  Maybe some of our nest mates floated away?!! We are finally seeing some sun!

I worry when the nest gets lean....like most people trying to find sobriety, I promised myself I would do whatever it took to get sober. As it turns out, getting sober is PART of it, STAYING sober is quite another! Like most people new to the lifestyle, I set out to find an easier, softer way to do all this. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one. So I looked to the person that I saw who was doing what I wanted....maintaining long term sobriety (even making it look EASY!). I finally realized that if I wanted this life, I was going to have to do what she was doing. No one made me drink, and no one was going to make me stay sober. This place is for people who want it, not for people who need it. So many times over the years, (and I'm pretty new at this myself, all things considered) what is the key to staying sober? The key is SUPPORT!

There are some days that I don't feel like I need to check in or that I even WANT to check in, but I do. If I lose touch with the Mother Ship, I lose my strength and as we all know, it doesn't take much of an excuse to make an alkie start drinking again.

So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! Hope everyone has an easy day!!! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

It has been slow here lately,wonder why
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Don't hear a lot of chirping here... ??

Another busy work day for me. Feeling much less tired and ready to make some progress. My ribs were a disaster last night... The silly recipe said to cook them for an hour but they were still all but raw! I was so mad! I've spent so much time in the kitchen and to have such epic fails when hungry was hard. Luckily I had some emergency meatballs in the freezer!
                      Last edited by KENSHO; February 18, 2016, 11:37 AM.
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Glad to hear it, Pav.

I can really relate to that story, Jane. I don't wanna go back there. Thanks for that.

Really super busy today, but not too busy to check in and say hope everyone has a great day and evening.
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                          Don't hear a lot of chirping here... ??

Another busy work day for me. Feeling much less tired and ready to make some progress. My ribs were a disaster last night... The silly recipe said to cook them for an hour but they were still all but raw! I was so mad! I've spent so much time in the kitchen and to have such epic fails when hungry was hard. Luckily I had some emergency meatballs in the freezer!
                          Some days the kitchen gods just aren't with us. .
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

I wonder if it has anything to do with V-day, I assume that can be a tough day for some folks, and any holiday can drop people(for me X-mas this year was horrible to be honest, but I was trying not to drink the whole time)

A little less than 3 weeks from a year, I am surprised by the amount of time I have been thinking about it. I do think about the things I have been enjoying lately not being on alcohol, but I haven't been thinking about the milestones. I consider this a possible transition for me, as I have been struggling so long with this process. My wife has been home all week and that has been great, really enjoyed spending some extra time with her when we usually only see each other at night and some mornings. I haven't been working as hard on some of my fitness goals but that's okay, I have plenty of mornings to work out now that I am not drinking left.

Comment

Most of the kids I mind are off on mid-term so I made the most of it by doing a bit of spring-cleaning. We did have 4 kids for today only and I am absolutely knackered!
                              Loving the fresh bright mornings we are having and the longer stretch in the evening. Spring just makes you feel happier.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Daisy, I am jealous that you will apparently seeing spring a whole lot sooner than a lot of us, haha!
                                I just heard the weather report for next week, more snow

I had a great day but am tired as well. Getting up at 5:30 in Thursday mornings is rough on this old bird, LOL
                                I hope all the missing Nesters haven't wandered too far!!!
                                Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X