Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chirpchirpchirp!!
    Morning Nesters!!

I've been reading each day, but not writing much 'cause I haven't had much to say. It's sort of the same ol', same ol' here at the moment. A lot of work, which is good..Today I'm heading off for a little weekend vacation with my best girlfriends.. so I won't be checking in until Monday..

Jane, thanks for posting the snapshots. God, I remember feeling like that with my kids..having to leave early or not going at all.. the guilt! and at the same time, like she described, convincing myself that I was a better mother after a glass of wine..?! Scary. Long evenings and weekends with the kids can still be a trigger for me.. I don't know exactly why, except that I feel somehow trapped and I panic.. but I'm learning to just relax! and enjoy the time I have with them.. not worry so much about all the other things I feel pressured to do, just be in the moment.

Big hugs to all you lovely people.. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and that some other MIA's pop by to say hello..

Comment

Hey guys!

All looks on track around here, good to see!

Nar? How is your baby?

Foggy here this am and headed for the airport.
      I think there will be a bit of challenges ahead but am sure it will all turn out harmoniously. Headed to visit a very dear friend and entourage, always a great time but I will not be drinking anymore, a big relief!

Keep it going strong guys, we are onto something great here.
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I'm off to stand in line at the military base. Ironically, I am standing in line to get a base pass that will make it easier to get on base! (Recall, I did this two weeks ago and my company didn't register us!). So off again. No rain this time, but it's 32*! Brrrrrr!

Hope everyone has an easy Friday. It's just the weekend, NOT a ticket to BoozeVille! Stay strong, everyone! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good afternoon Nesters!

I woke up with extra energy (for some reason) this morning. So, I have been out to exercise, stopped at the supermarket & am now baking 6 loaves of pepperoni bread. Keeps the crowds well fed around here, ha ha!

LC, I learned to stop the panic simply by taking three long, slow deep breaths. Taking that minute to focus on your breathing just seems to stop that panicky feeling from taking over.
          Enjoy your weekend, remember to be grateful too, it helps.

El, have a safe & wonderful trip!

Byrdie, glad you are standing in line this week, not next week. I hear there's another big storm brewing for us east coasters

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Friday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning. Checking in with a hectic list of work issues that need resolving. I will be glad when this day is over! I am loving the changes in my husband. He is so much more present and attentive. Alcohol - even for those without a said "problem" - changes those drinking it. I wouldn't say my husband has a problem per se, but when he drinks it, he does "escape" - meaning that even with one or two beer, his mind travels elsewhere. People often drink to escape, and they do. Not sure if the diet we are on is contributing, but I suspect it's mostly the lack of booze, and he is "here" with us. And I love it. I only hope he sees it when he begins drinking again after the diet.

Have a great Friday. I am very happy to be 75 days AF with you all!
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi all,
              Busy here. Lots going on with playoff games and did an orientation at Pitt today. Son has committed to it, and I'm so happy for him. It was a great program today and I feel confident that his choice is right for him.

Going to watch a playoff game tonight and tomorrow son is playing in one.

I ate bad stuff today...Oh well. Tomorrow's another day.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

El, safe travels!!! Enjoy your trip.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Jumping back in quick to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!

j-vo, my daughter did 1 year at Pitt then transferred back this way. She couldn't adjust to living out 'west', LOL
                  I hope your son enjoys a great school

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Cravings tonight. Grabbing la croix, and may even stray from diet if necessary to keep on track. Eating now. It will all be ok, but that darn voice!!

Have a good Friday everyone!
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Eat kensho!! I ain't crap today. Just one of those days. But I didn't drink so all is good. Give yourself a little wiggle room..

There were lots of people from New Jersey, New York and philly, lav. And some mid westerners!

Comment

Oh Kensho, me too! Drinking thoughts! At midnight I ate a whole box of Maltesers......felt sick after, but happy to be sober today. Rare thoughts now but can be strong when they come.
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good Saturday morning Nesters

It's supposed to be sunny & warmish here today - can't wait!
                          I think I have had enough winter.

j-vo, the differences between the eastern & western side of this state are huge, ha ha! My daughter wanted an away from home experience but had a hard time adjusting out there. She ended up much happier living at home & attending a college nearby - go figure. I was happy to have her back actually, we are friends.

Kensho & Daisy, learning to ignore those thoughts is vital to protecting your quits! Time makes it much, much easier, honestly.
                          I firmly believe in the art of distraction. Distract yourself with food, with exercise or anything it takes.

Wishing everyone a great AF day ahead!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 11.28.09 AM.jpg

Have a good Saturday brave people!

Comment

Hppy Sattidy!
                              Made some cookies this morning to take to my customers at a tradeshow we are having next month. They are in the shape of the little clothing sensors I sell. Bah!

Yustaday was a nightmare. Up at 4:30, drove 2 hours, stood in line in 37 windy degrees for 3 hours, finally got inside, waited for another 2 hours!!! 2 hours drive home. They had 3 people processing the hundreds of people trying to get these passes. Unreal. I have never been so cold. After all that, my photo for the ID looked like a mug shot. In 2 weeks the passes will be ready and I have to go back and pick it up. What a process!!

Daisy, you are right about the cravings/thoughts after a while, when they come, they are STRONG! Push them out! Thats what works for me! Remember, this is skill and every single time you exercise those sober muscles you make them stronger!

Stay strong, everyone! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Had a bit of a funny day. Had to meet up with some family which stirs up some old emotions in me. Also got some bad news. Found myself driving home and a sudden urge to buy a bottle of wine for this evening. A strong urge, strongest yet. I was even reasoning in my head that if I just had a glass or two, I'd be fine and could start again tomorrow. I stopped at the store and bought a bottle of Elderflower cordial. A bit out of sorts and upset now this evening because this proves to me that I'm always high risk. Funny how I can still associate certain things with needing a drink or rewarding myself with a drink. The important part I guess is that I didn't.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X