All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi - hanging in by my nails. thanks for asking. u/o

Comment

thank you so much.

Comment

Thanks, it's amazing what 24 hours can do. Hope to link them all together for a long time. tick, tock. u/o have a great weekend.

Comment

Morning nesters

Lil a huge congrats on 100 year, 365 days of sobriety. Hugs from across the waves.

Hi Up and welcome. Day 1 is a massive day. Its a day i will always remember as the best day of my life and the hardest day of my life. keep on here and we are here if you need us. Being accountable and with people who understand is very important and boy do we understand.

I am babysitting a baby wallaby (smaller version of a kangaroo). Its mum was hit by a car and one of my sons rescued it. Damn it is fugly but so adorable. Needs feeding every 2 hours, have to make it wee and poo and make sure it is warm enough and god the list goes on. Im exhausted but happy to help. Wild animals are very had to raise but this little fella is a fighter. Hopefully he will be released into the wild in a year or twos time if he lives but for now i am a nana. woo hoo! He may be hairless and have big ears and a long tail but i did it!

Daisy and LC where are you both, hope to hear from you soon.

Well i am off to nap, too old for no sleep now.

Take care and have a happy day Lil. x
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Nesters!!

I'm here, just hanging on by the skin of my teeth (do we say that?) as far as time commitments go.. I know it's not an excuse not to check in but everything has been ok as far as sobriety goes. I am sorry I haven't been here to support.. but it's just another week and a half and then I'm on vacation!!

Congrats to Lilbit on 1 year!!!! So happy for you!

and Upandover, well done on day 1! For me as well, that was a tough day.

Ava, thanks for the call out! and lucky you with babysitting such a cute little creature.

Looking forward to having a bit of a day off tomorrow to read back more thoroughly..

:hug: to you all..

Comment

Good Saturday morning Nesters,

Sunny but still chilly here in my portion of the nest. Looking forward to some real spring-like temps next week, yay!

upandover, I hope you have another great day today! Stay close to the nest!

Ava, a baby wallaby huh? I wouldn't know where to begin. Good luck with your nana duties today

LC, busy is good so long as you don't feel overwhelmed! I am a big fan of staying busy myself, keeps me from overthinking things, ha ha!

Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good to see you, LC - glad things are going well for you. Will you have internet access while you're traveling?

Congratulations on getting that first day behind you U/O! It's certainly the hardest one to commit to but once you've done it, you know it's possible and you can do it again. Did you post on rollcall? I found that to be a really useful tool because I really hate to start over on things!

Have a great AF day!

Comment

Morning, Nesters!
                    LC, great to see you.
                    Up/Over, great job! I had never gotten thru a single day AF in years, so once I proved it was possible, that was a huge hurdle. My thinking couldnt tell me that it couldnt be done anymore! My mantra became, "If I got thru the last 15 minutes, I can make it thru the next 15". Its a lot like separating a screaming kid from a candy store, it takes time, but the screaming will wane and eventually, be non existant. Its unpleasant at first, no question, but gets easier every day.
                    Ava, Im sorry your grandbaby is on the homely side, Im sure Wally will grow out of this awkward stage and grow up to make you proud! Do small hands run in your family? Ehehehe.
                    Hope everyone has a peaceful Sattidy. Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good morning,
                      So last night I had a really bad hour or so that I struggled with the thought of wanting to get trashed. Having that kind of thought just reinforces the truth: we are not normal drinkers. For whatever reason, my mood, that time of month, what I ate, the day's events, it came hard. I texted a few people to tell them, needed the support. and butt dialed someone and glad that accident happened because I got to talk about my frustration . I was also glad that I had to be somewhere, although back in the day, I would have not gone and done my parent duty. It was a good distraction. Afterwards, a bunch of parents went to a restaurant to hang out and do the eating and having a few drinks. I opted out, came home and watched a few taped programs. I had gone other times, but last night just wasn't feeling like it was a good idea. Today, i am still a bit moody, but not hungover, not feeling any regrets, guilt, or remorse. I'm grateful for drinking my coffee, talking with husband about grocery store items and just glad I got thru a crappy feeling last night . Taking that drink is not worth the stuff that comes with it. We know one drink will be a thousand, and that means anxiety, depression, and everything looking ugly.
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Happy Saturday,

Late checking in, was having trouble with site earlier. Good to see everyone is hanging strong, as am I. Staying busy and getting ready to watch UFC tonight.

U/O - great to see you! Hope you are better today, it does get easier day by day.

Have a great and AF day all,
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Way to go on one year, Lil Bit! Huge congratulations!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Chilly here this evening so we just lit a fire. Looking forward to Spring, hope it arrives soon!!

J-vo, so glad you were able to work thru the funky thoughts & feelings. Protecting your quit at times like that make you stronger, good for you!

Hi there JDG, Mr V, Brydie & everyone.
                            Wishing a safe & cozy evening for all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey JVO, I get that feeling too. Somewhat frequently lately. Glad you got through it. As Byrdie says, Tomorrow is ALWAYS a new day.

We have finished day 27 here, three days until the end of the diet! I learned a lot. I feel great and will keep a lot of the "clean" eating up on a daily basis. But I also know that I need some of that "emotional experience" (i.e. dopamine rush) from food at times. In moderation, I will be enjoying ice cream, bread and chocolate. That is unless they wreck me at re-introduction! I am not getting that dopamine surge from alcohol, and it helps me to be able to eat when necessary.

Here's to another day in the bank toward health. Proud of everyone here!

And don't forget that "ignore" feature on a person's profile page if you want to eliminate the negativity.

Have a great night!!
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by MalODrama
                                and TJ hope you are beating up on anyone you violent asshole
                                Time to ignore you Malodrama but before I do I can't resist a quote from your other lame alter ego Brendon Behan: "Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves."
                                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Working...
                                X