Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all,

Feeling blah today. I do not like this time change.
    JDG
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Wow Byrdie, not cool. Your company is making it really hard on you! Thanks for the validation and reminder that we all have those days feeling frustrated and under appreciated and YES - we can still at least have sobriety.

Thank you all for your words of wisdom. I too, wrote a "pointed" and angry letter to my husband and did not send it. Rather, I spoke with him calmly yesterday afternoon and explained that I'm doing my best and it hurt that he seemed to care more about what wasn't done than all that I DO for all of them all of the time. Having time to simmer down and get to the root of why I was so upset let me skip past the arguing and just say the most important stuff. Not only did he not argue back, but he did the dishes this morning. And I am still 99 days sober

I was up until 2am for a final crunch this week and am headed back up into the snowy mountains today. Good thing I like my client as we are spending a LOT of time together. Looking VERY forward to bed tonight.

I was reminded this morning that we must all remember to find joy in what we do and not take on too much all of the time. Tonight is snuggle with family night. And there is SO much more joy to be had and shared when alcohol is not involved!
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by JackDanielsGirl View Post
        Morning all,

Feeling blah today. I do not like this time change.
        JDG
        I know what you mean, but I just had a "hallelujah" moment on the way to the water cooler. I love not being a f'in drunk!
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Day one for me again. Screwed up last night. Trying to get my head out of a black hole and in a better place. Its very helpful to read your posts.
          NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
          AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Originally posted by aquamarine View Post
            Day one for me again. Screwed up last night. Trying to get my head out of a black hole and in a better place. Its very helpful to read your posts.
            Bummer. What happened? Regardless, it's AWESOME you're right back here. When I've screwed up in the past it takes me months to make the good decision you just made which is to get right back to work. Well done and stick with it. As Byrd says, one of the quits will last...the key is not giving up! I'm pulling for ya...

Comment

Thanks Fin. Basically drank about 2 bottles of wine when Ive been AF for 9 days. Severely disappointed my husband and will have to deal with that tonight. Yes I guess its good I am getting right back on it.
              NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
              AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Originally posted by aquamarine View Post
                Thanks Fin. Basically drank about 2 bottles of wine when Ive been AF for 9 days. Severely disappointed my husband and will have to deal with that tonight. Yes I guess its good I am getting right back on it.
                YES it is... Don't beat yourself up too much. We've all slipped and if you can do 9 days, that says a lot. Let's just work on today for now, okay?

Comment

aquamarine I totally agree with Fin, the hardest decision is getting right back on track.
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Checking in on the fly, been super busy.All is well however it appears I must remind myself that is no excuse for not checking in a bit more regularly. I felt shamed today when I looked and realized I hadn't checked in all week. Makes me feel like a Bastard at a Family Reunion......
                    Have quite a bit of reading to catch up on.

Stay hard my friends
                    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Went & got my granddaughter today so we'll have a few days of girl time together
                      This makes me so happy & grateful for my choice to kick AL out of my life nearly 7 years ago. If I was still hugging a wine bottle I certainly would not be hugging this precious little girl :hug:

Welcome back aquamarine! Glad you decided to hop right back in the nest. Keep yourself here & check in daily because it really helps!

JDG, the time change did not bother me this year & I don't know why. Maybe I was just done with winter. Hang in there, you'll adjust soon enough.

Fin, proud moment at the water cooler, huh? Good for you!

Matt, I was wondering where you were but figured you were busy!

Byrdie, your employer sounds like a real scrooge ~ just sayin'. I hope you can let your feelings be known at the sales meeting next week. We all know you are a hard worker & should be compensated well

Kensho, perhaps your husband got the message, good!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

Back from a trip - I can tell I was with "normal" people (although I don't aspire to be normal) - we went into a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol, and NO ONE said - Oh, we should go somewhere else. It was a NON ISSUE. In my whole adult life I would never consider going to a restaurant for dinner (unless it was for a cheeseburger) that didn't serve alcohol. It was an ah ha moment. Some people don't care. Imagine that...

I didn't read back but wanted to check in and say I'm back. Will try to read back later. Hope all is well here in the nest.

Pav

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

Happy St. Patrick's day to those of you who celebrate. I don't think there is any Irish in me but that's OK
                          Glad I won't be chasing any green beer today, ha ha!!

Welcome back Pav!
                          Isn't is nice to concentrate on the food & the company, not the AL? Good for you!

Not sure what I am doing yet today but I am sure my granddaughter will come up with some ideas!
                          Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pav, isn't that amazing? I was like that, too, if the restaurant didn't serve AL, it was off the list! When I was in the middle of my drinking career, I thought the majority of people drank (seeing what I WANTED to see). Now that the blinders are off, it's easy to see that there is a whole bunch of people who don't and who really NEVER consider it! I am truly stymied by the power of addiction...how totally deaf, dumb and blind it makes us. ANYTHING to get that next drink.
                            I fought SO hard to be able to moderate. What a waste of time and energy. Should I? Can I? Does THIS count? Vacations? Long weekends? the GSR's were STILL THERE even on the infrequent days I managed to JUST have 2. AL was still running my life. I posted in the 'You know you're an Alcoholic when.....' Thread...whenever you put 'Just' or 'Only' in front of a quantity you drank, you're prolly an alkie.

What I know now is that AL just isn't important anymore (as long as I don't drink it). I see people struggling with this and I wish I could show them the future. Time and distance will get you to a very peaceful place.
                            Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

When we took road trips, I made a big production about my disdain for fast food so that we would have to spend the extra time and money at a "regular" restaurant. The truth is, what I really disdained was the lack of Fast Alcohol .

Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day all..

Lavande, there's a little bit of Irish in everyone
                                I don't have to worry about not partaking in celebrations today, my day off is being spent on getting some college work complete.
                                Hope everybody is well.
                                I'm feeling a lot more positive again, back running and Spring is such a nicer season.. I love it.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X