No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 for me. About to go to the gym. In the past seriously focusing on getting in shape helped me not to drink. Feeling pretty good.
    I can totally relate to discovering that there are alot of people that just don't drink. Don't even think about it. Its such a foreign feeling for me. Ive gotten really good at not drinking alot in front of people but I'm constantly thinking about it at the same time. So exhausting and stressful. Trying to moderate is like torture. Its actually easier to not drink at all some times.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Its actually easier to not drink at all some times.
      For me, it is easier not to drink at all ALL of the time. I also rarely drank much and sometimes not at all in front of people. It was when I got home that was the problem. Plus, as things really escalated, I abandoned many hobbies, activities, and people so I could stay home and drink.

Comment

Morning,

Feeling better today. Like Byrdie says all we gotta do is get through today and I did yesterday. Cloudy and cool and that is ok. NS I can relate I normally did not drink much at dinner meetings or with friends. I did the vast majority before I got there or after I left because I did not want anyone to know how MUCH I really did drink. I isolated myself because of this. I am so glad now I can socialize and get to know people without rushing through to chase that drink.

Have a great day,
        JDG
        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

So true - freedom is not having to drink
          Turns out to be a whole lot easier to not drink at all, who knew?

Glad everyone is OK & wishing for a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi,

Happy St. Paddy's Day. Hope it was a great one for everyone!

Pav

Comment

Happy belated st pattys day

Can't remember the last time I had the urge to drink but I am definitely not missing it today. The past two years I drank plenty being the anniversary of my grandmothers death. Not a good excuse to drink.

Comment

Day 3. Feeling determined and hopeful.
                NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Checking in at a hundy-one. Been out of my house more than I've been in it this week! Two photo shoots, two mountain trips in the snow and deadlines. Haven't even started accounting!

Though I'm relishing my office time today (and have about a weeks worth of work to catch up on), I'm taking off early to go to my son's school assembly. He's being honored for something and his team will practice their skit for his competition tomorrow (which I am a judge for and have to be there at 7:30! Goodbye sleeping in!). I figure that no matter how busy I am, there is and will always be time for my kids.

Aquamarine - bottle up that determination and hope and remember that it comes and goes - you will have good days and bad days, but it's making it through the hard ones that allows us to string up a bunch of days and experience the endless rewards of being sober. Stay positive and we are here for you! Keep checking in, no matter how you are feeling!

Have an amazing Friday everyone!
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Morning all,

Feeling good and glad its Friday.

Have a great day,
                    JDG
                    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                      Checking in at a hundy-one.
                      Congratulations, Kensho. Vow to never be in double-digits again and you'll be fine :smile:. There is no stress in this world (work, spouse, kids, your health, whatever!) that will be "fixed" by drinking. There might be that temporary escape (which requires more and more alcohol and lasts for ever-shorter periods of time) but it's just not worth it. Enjoy your weekend with your family!

Comment

I've started this note 3 times and I keep getting distracted by work!

I remember the years where I didn't drink much in public. I would have a couple to 'loosen up' or get 'primed' before going out. But then it blossomed and in addition to the Pre-show act, I'd hang in there with anyone who would play. I never sat out a round of drinks. I tell you, I am the poster child for how this thing progressively gets worse. I started as a weekend warrior, and it progressed from there. I shutter to think where I'd be today if I hadn't stopped. Thank god for MWO (and you, Lav).

Hope everyone has a happy Friday, it's just another day in the week, not a ticket to BoozeVille. Finding new ways of recharging are vital! Hang in there, everyone! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good afternoon Nesters, happy Friday to all

Still having fun with my granddaughter. My grandsons are due to arrive soon, then it will get crazy!!!!! Still, I am eternally grateful!

Byrdie, I am glad you grabbed onto my tail feathers when you did. What would we do around here without you? Try to get that sork done now

Kensho, CONGRATS on your triple digits, they look good on you! Hang on & keep adding to them!

Wishing everyone a grand AF day!

Lav
                          Last edited by Lavande; March 18, 2016, 09:16 PM.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                            For me, it is easier not to drink at all ALL of the time. I also rarely drank much and sometimes not at all in front of people. It was when I got home that was the problem. Plus, as things really escalated, I abandoned many hobbies, activities, and people so I could stay home and drink.
                            Yip, me too. Now I cannot believe I was able to even exist without drawing regularly! And riding horseback (is it possible to live without horses? No, I don't think so!).
                            Life is way easier when you can just say 'no thank you' and mean it.
                            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Just jumping back in to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Yay, Kensho!! Congratulations on the triple digits. Amazing accomplishments.

Hope everyone else is tucked in safe in the nest this Friday night, just another night. Hold tight to the tailfeathers next to you .

zzzzzzzzzz
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X