• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Kensho!! Congrats on 100.
    Everything is really good here.
    Hugs to all - ML
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Congrats Kensho!

I'm back in the nest, and I'm grateful that I wasn't gone too long. I'll be holding onto your tail feathers pretty tight, I might pluck some out by accident.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Good morning, all!
        Mary Lou, always great to see you! Glad to see all is well!
        Overcast in the Southern part of the nest, but thats ok, Im not working!
        Hope everyone has an easy day, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good Morning all,

I thought spring had sprung but its cold here this morning! Should warm up in a few days. All is well.

Have a great AF day,
          JDG
          Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Hi all.
            I was here 5 years ago and did 6 months dry.
            I'm back. First DUI arrest three days ago so I reckon the time has come..

Will find out my fate in a few weeks and I need all the help I can get here at home and with you guys to stay sober and face this once and for all...

Take care all
            ------------------------------------------------
            AF 17th March 2016

Comment

Good Saturday afternoon Nesters!

Yep, I'm looking out at snow flurries on the day before Spring. Not thrilled to say the least.

Hello & welcome Laeot, glad uou decided to join us!
              Kicking AL out of your life is a good choice, it certainly has been for me. Make yourself a good plan & stay around for a while!

Mary Lou, great to see you.
              Same to you j-vo

Brydie, at least you're not getting snow, right? Ha ha!

Spring will get here when it gets here I guess!

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, I had to pull out my long britches again! Brrrr!

Welcome, Laeot! We are glad you made your way back, Im so sorry that its under such tough circumstances. I thought Jan 19, 2011 was the lowest point in my life, its the day my husband of 24 years walked out on me. As it turns out, his doing that saved my life. Sometimes it takes a big event to get our attention, and that got mine. I knew I had to make this quit stick. MWO helped me achieve that.
                There are 7 years of history in this thread alone, so read back and see how others have coped. Also, please find the link in my signature line to the Tool Box, its full of tips and coping skills to help you. We are so glad you're here. Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

I'm on day 10, been reading a lot and working on my toolbox. I've had sick kids and took very good care of them and now I've got the bug. There is a big difference between being sick for real and hungover. I've had time to read and reflect but without that overwhelming sense of remorse. I hope I can continue to change my attitude about not drinking in. a positive way. St Patrick's day came and went, I avoided the obvious places. I don't need to perceive that people are having a ball chugging poison (at least it's poison for me).

Comment

Originally posted by Need to quit View Post
                    St Patrick's day came and went
                    I'm Irish and I always used to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and love it.

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm pleased as punch that I haven't been hungover for the last two days! (Yes, when I hit 50 I started getting two day hangovers after a big night out- no fun!)

Comment

And as I read this, I'm thinking - geez, why would a freakin' 50-year-old be having a big night out?!

Comment

Let alone a 60 year old like me

Comment

Byrdie, my hands are freezing tonight. I don't know if it's due to the weather or my advanced age or both, ha ha!!!

NTQ, Congrats on your 10 AF days, yay! You will soon be at two weeks & feeling even stronger
                          I hope you chase the bug real soon.

lex, none of us 60+ year olds need to be out partying like youngsters now do we? I relish a quiet, healthy & peaceful evening at this point, ha ha! No more regrets (or two day hangovers) for me

Wishing everyone a safe & peaceful night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Afternoon nest,

Lav I personally dont want you to enjoy spring as it means we are heading for winter, never as cold as you get but cold just the same. We are having some lovely days at present. Still hanging clothes on the line. Its the small things in life lol.

Hi Laeot and welcome. I have been here since 2011 and 2 years plus sober for me. I make MWO my accountability day in and day out. Never say never and giving up al is one of the best achievements i have accomplished.

Lex i had to laugh at what you said. Nothing pretty about me when i was drunk. The only good thing was that nearly everyone else was too. The sad thing is i never remembered what i said or done or how i got to bed. I am so glad those days are behind me and i am a relative grown up at 51.

I finally decided to tackle my dining room table and sand it back. Oh why am i still not procrastinating about it! This is going to be a huge job just huge but now i have started I have to finish it. Will let you know in a year or so what i have achieved i am thinking.

Take care x
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good morning Nesters, happy Sunday & first day of Spring
                              There's actually no sun, just a lot of clouds & cold air ~ bummer!

Ava, good luck with your project! I used to do a lot of stuff like that myself. I just can't muster up the energy or enthusiasm, my energy all goes into the care & feeding of grandkids, ha ha!

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF day!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning all,

Lav I feel your pain in relation to the weather. Its cold here too but no snow, thankfully. Had to turn the heat back on yesterday.

Great day here, available I love doing projects like that unfortunately I don't have anything at the moment.

Looking forward to going back home for a few days starting Wed and getting my vehicle out here, so I can go and get me some busy work.

Have a great Sunday all,
                                JDG
                                Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Working...
                                X