Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to rehearsal. Will be good.
    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Morning nesters

Check in for me. Having some time off work and much needed. Still procrastinating about doing things but thats ok. If it gets done it gets done. Making some chicken soup so thats a start and thinking of trying to stop my house looking like the Adams Family. So many daddy long legs living with us.

So much death and destruction in the world, all i can do is surround myself with positive people and be grateful i am sober and not another unknown statistic.

Take care x
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening all,

Glad to see a bunch of folks show up today
        I love hearing about everyone's AF missions & moving forward!

El, I'm sorry you are feeling creeped out where you are. I don't know if there is any place left on the planet that really feels totally safe anymore. I make an effort to try to remain positive & remember that there are still many good people in the world.
        I am watching my grandkids grow up in a very different world & need to stay positive for them.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Like your quote Lav - sucess comes one day at a time. Isn't that the truth.
          I think we could also use the word kindness in the place of sucess sometimes.

Kindness comes one day at a time.
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Two weeks AF today.
            Having my good days and bad days and preparing for the worst regarding a possible 2 year driving ban ....
            But my resolve is strong because it was drinking that got me into this mess and I'm beating it one day at a time ...
            ------------------------------------------------
            AF 17th March 2016

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Hump day to all!
              Sunny & cool here this morning, lots of allergens in the air

CONGRATS on your 2 weeks AF Laeot :welldone:
              Keep that mindset going, you are doing great!

El, kindness helps a lot, a good point to always remember.

I have delivered my grandson to school, such a happy kid. Now I'm off for a bit of exercise.
              Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Life should not be a slog. The time to enjoy life is now, not some years down the road when we think things will be "easier". When I drink, it's to basically escape what feels like the daily slog, or grind. I have so much going on right now with challenging kids, a stressed marriage, a busy business, tending to my aging mom, helping out an older brother who still lives with my mom at age 55 and basically picking up after my wife not only in terms of disorganization around the house, but unpaid bills, unreturned phone calls and emails. Menopause has set in which means very little going on in terms of intimacy. This all seems like such a slog sometimes! My escape has been the nightly IPA indulgence. Many of you know my story. I've been in and out of the nest since 2012. The time is now to begin enjoying life. While I can't control the myriad of chaotic details in my life, I can take care of me. I can make 100% sure I'm doing that so that I can't be blamed for contributing to the mess. I donno...I'm just thinking out loud to kick off the day. Anyway, thanks for continued support despite my many faults.

Comment

Hi all,

Quick checkin traveled all day yesterday and getting things back in order today. Back in Texas.
                  JDG

PS Still AF
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Hello All,

Check in for me.
                    As we grow in are recovery many of us begin to realize how many people in our daily lives, family, friend's are affected, this has been the case for me anyway.
                    I was reminded of that this week. My 16 year old son, oldest of the 3, lived through the majority of my Alcohol addiction Rollercoaster and I'm sure was battered and bruised emotionally along the way. He and I don't speak much about my daily walk with recovery, he had on occasion asked me how long it's been or how many days I had, but that was mostly in the first year.
                    Yesterday at dinner he congratulated me? I had no idea what he was referring to, he said congratulations on 600 days sober. Hell, I forgot and missed that milestone.
                    Unbeknownst to me he had an app on his phone with milestone reminders, keeping up with my sobriety. Really kinda floored me in a sense yet also reinforced and solidified my ground or my foundation in this quit.
                    Just wanted to share that. ..

Stay hard in this road to recovery, it's so worth it!
                    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

That's what it's all about, Matt :hug:. Fin, your post makes me think that's kind of what you're looking for, too. Hang in there - you can do it, too. All the best, NS

Comment

Matt, what a moving story. It almost makes me sorry I was going to fuss at you for not checking in!!! (almost....)
                        Fin, I WAS the menopaus-er. It was no fun on that end either. Of course, I compounded everything by AL....funny, I thought I was drinking to escape for it, but I was just adding to it!! I know you will be amazed by how much calmer your household will be without AL in it. I know mine is...hubs and I haven't had an argument since. Who knew? We are pulling for you!!

NOTHING is better with AL. Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement today. Next, Day 4. One of the days I find most difficult, but I'll get through it. Have a good night, all.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Matt, a big Congrats to you on your 600! So nice to know your son is on your side & walking with you

Fin, like Byrdie I was the menopaus-er too. It was not fun, pretty nasty really. It's hard to explain but some of us just have bigger problems with it than others. You have the right mindset & good goals, hang in there. Knowing that you truly cannot change anyone but yourself is a big deal.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

I'm the first one up again? Really??

Have a terrific AF Thursday one & all

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Morning, Fellow Nesters!
                                Another day, another dollar....or 58 cents, adjusted for inflation.

Fin and Laeot, keep the days rolling! Next thing you know, it'll be the holidays again and you will be SO happy that you've got all that time and experience BEHIND you! STICK with us....nobody was more a skeptic than I, and I lived!! I tell you, living WITHOUT the tug of booze is SWEEEEEET and only time and distance from booze will do that for you. CONSEQUITIVE days. Close that loophole. Ehehehehe. I used to say....'Well, so far this year I've had more AF days than days that I drank". The flaw in this thinking is that when we reinforce a behavior, it gets stronger (check with Pavlov's dog). So every time you drink you start over and it's HARDER. Heck, it we could count the AF days my time would be a lot longer....it's the days in a row that are AF that count...thus, Fin's Roll Call! Yes, Fin is the Father of our Beloved Roll Call!

Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X