Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Luck Mama Bear-all our paws are rooting for you too!!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Update

Day 20 here. Third counselling session in half an hour. Whew. Deep breaths. "Spilling" my feelings is still new to me....will keep ya'll posted.

Happy AF day everyone!!!

K9:butterfly:
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck K9-let us know how it goes if you want.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

YOU GUYS ARE THE BESTEST FRIENDS A MAMA COULD EVER WANT!!!
          I LOVE YOU ALL AND WILL KEEP YOU POSTED
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

spuddleduck;840719 wrote: flipping my flippers for you mama. GOOD LUCK!!!!
            Hey, now that's not very polite! I've done some flippin my flippers in my days! :H

BEST of luck, MamaBear... DO try to let out some air before you appear to the interview looking like...
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=sunshine_gg;840748]Roamer... plug your ears for a minute here...
              I've had my suspicions for a while, but I think I can now confirm that PMS has a LOT to do with me stumbling or just plain ending up flat on my face. Wow.. I totally would have dismissed that thought even a year ago AND argued that I do NOT suffer from PMS in the least (perhaps the ones around me, but that would be their problem, then, eh?). Hmmm. I just find 'mental stability' hard to come by right now (right now... who am I kidding!?) :H Anyone else connect the 'cycle' to increased AL thoughts and/or general insanity?
              QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! Without a doubt!!!!! It got so much harder around that time. I even tried researching it. Of course now I'm finally in menopause but all of a sudden, my hormones will flair up and guess what! Yep - that is the the thing again. Those alcohol cravings will hit full force out of the blue. Strange!
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;840748 wrote:

Roamer... plug your ears for a minute here...
                I've had my suspicions for a while, but I think I can now confirm that PMS has a LOT to do with me stumbling or just plain ending up flat on my face. Wow.. I totally would have dismissed that thought even a year ago AND argued that I do NOT suffer from PMS in the least (perhaps the ones around me, but that would be their problem, then, eh?). Hmmm. I just find 'mental stability' hard to come by right now (right now... who am I kidding!?) :H Anyone else connect the 'cycle' to increased AL thoughts and/or general insanity?

K.. Roamer.. coast is clear - you can plop that pinkie outta yer ear now
                ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! Without a doubt!!!!! It got so much harder around that time. I even tried researching it. Of course now I'm finally in menopause but all of a sudden, my hormones will flair up and guess what! Yep - that is the the thing again. Those alcohol cravings will hit full force out of the blue. Strange!
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - Way to go!! Keep us posted. :l
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

WAY TO GO K-9!!!

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

runningwind
                    The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;840760 wrote: ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! Without a doubt!!!!! It got so much harder around that time. I even tried researching it. Of course now I'm finally in menopause but all of a sudden, my hormones will flair up and guess what! Yep - that is the the thing again. Those alcohol cravings will hit full force out of the blue. Strange!
                      Oh.. good (well, no, that's not really what I mean!).. thanks Nora! I'm glad it isn't just me
                      Well, I suppose after that upcoming hysterectomy I won't have to worry about that anymore? I think?
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all!

Morning Nesters!

I go to bed early and look what happens! The nest looks to have been having a party overnight and I missed it all! oh well..
                        Thank you all so much for your words of support.. I have read each and every one of them, I wish I could thank you all individually but I don't have much time this morning, about to take my son to the church Playgroup..
                        I am feeling a bit better this morning.. though the words my ex said are still hurting a bit.. he always makes out I am "hyper sensitive" or being irrational when I get hurt by what he says.. of course this is his narcissitic manipulative behaviour.. its one thing saying something; I can take constructive criticism if it is just that, not personal attacks.. and not when he sends me 20+ texts and 5 voicemails going over the same thing again and again..
                        I saw my counsellor last week and he says he is trying to "destablise" me, and that what he does to me is enough to drive anyone insane, let alone someone like me, with my history of low self-esteem and depression.. I have kept most the texts and will be showing them to my counsellor tomorrow.. I am just so frustrated that every week he does or says something to me that uses up a whole counselling session - when I really should be doing work on myself! he is wasting so much of my valuable time..
                        Thanks again,
                        Mama - good luck with your job interview!!!
                        Love you all,
                        Katie xxxxx
                        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

katie.....your ex is a prick....or a f*&^tard as fennel would say...no doubt...I know you loved him once and had a child with him but...
                          I still think he should should be diced and served to peeps we don't like...
                          thanks for the good wishes for 2mrw...I am stoked!!!!
                          There is NO DOUBT that hormones make a huge diff in our moods....maybe u should demand testing Sunni and Nora
                          I just checked the mail and my baby's gradution announcements have arrived:upset::upset::upset:
                          I SWEAR he was only 5 years old yesterday
                          ok...off to eat pizza and psyche myself up for tomorrow
                          and not dream about cat or armadillo tacos....but maybe men in leather skirts:H
                          I love you guys
                          Mama Jan

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;840839 wrote: katie.....your ex is a prick....or a f*&^tard as fennel would say...no doubt...I know you loved him once and had a child with him but...
                            I still think he should should be diced and served to peeps we don't like...
                            thanks for the good wishes for 2mrw...I am stoked!!!!
                            There is NO DOUBT that hormones make a huge diff in our moods....maybe u should demand testing Sunni and Nora
                            I just checked the mail and my baby's gradution announcements have arrived:upset::upset::upset:
                            I SWEAR he was only 5 years old yesterday
                            ok...off to eat pizza and psyche myself up for tomorrow
                            and not dream about cat or armadillo tacos....but maybe men in leather skirts:H
                            I love you guys
                            Mama Jan
                            Speaking of men in leather skirts...I hope we didn't scare poor Roamer away!

Comment

Newbies Nest

ditto...Fennel I am so proud you would look at a man in a leather skirt!!!
                              Am I out of line by saying that? You know I don;t mean to be disrespectful....

Comment

Newbies Nest

perhaps I need an enema....

Comment

Working...
                                X