No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke my wrist, typing hard but still AF, did eat some cake though sorry El, at least a made it past 30 SF

Still not drinking but damn....

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Dutch, ouch! Sorry about your wrist!!
      Please continue to take good care of yourself & I hope you heal quickly.

Byrdie, I am so glad to hear you are feeling strong & determined & most of all calm. Let's keep the thoughts positive, it really helps

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Checking in before I turn in for the night, been awfully quiet in the nest lately.

Sucks about the wrist Dutch, sounds like you may have been punching the keyboard.

Byrd, sending more good vibes and prayers your way.

Justme- congrats on your 60 day mark, that is a big deal. Keep on keeping on!

Hey Lav and Pav :love:

Stay Hard my friends
        AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Nesters!

Geez, it really has been quiet around here lately. That's OK as long as everyone is busy out there working their plans & enjoying their lives without regret

Hi there Matt!

Wishing everyone an excellent AF Tuesday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Back from Florida and my buddy's 50th b-day celebration. This group is full of my old drinking comrades. I was SO grateful that all of them showed sincere support for my decision not to drink. I was then again reminded why I made this decision by witnessing others over doing it -- mainly the older kids in the group vs. the parents in my peer group. My kids were good and thanked me for not drinking. They said the other kids' (late teens) drinking was "gross". Yes it was... It was also fabulous to be waking up in the mornings feeling great vs. beat down from AL. Net-net, being AL Free is AWESOME!!

I'm doing it...finally...one day / event at a time. Thanks as always for the support here. I could not be doing this without the MWO community.

-Fin
            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Fin, that is just awesome that you kept true to yourself during your recent trip. Sometimes it is awkward at first when you see that folks are partaking, but after the evening wears on and you see some over-doing it and making fools of themselves, it doesn't take long to count our blessings. Not having that ball and chain dragging us backwards makes life so much easier. I'm so happy for you.

I know when I was deep into my ALCO-Hell, I thought I was a master at hiding it. If I didn't do better than the people I see around me then I didn't hide it very well at all! I thought I could 'hold my liquor' but my hubs said my eyes always gave me away. I wasn't fooling anyone but myself. Nowadays, I can smell it a mile away. I also didn't think it affected my work performance but I was sadly mistaken there, too. AL affected every aspect of my life, whether I wanted to admit it or not. Quitting did the same thing. Everything is better when I am present to experience it. These past 5 weeks would have been made 1000 times worse if AL had been in the mix.

I am happy to say that I got the job I interviewed for!!! WOOOOOHOOOO! I am so happy! It will be a new challenge but I'm up for it! I don't officially start until June 20, but there is a big trade show next week he wants me to attend so hopefully, he will be able to find me a hotel on this short notice!

Life is funny. I always thought that I would look forward to retirement and not having the worries of a job, and I think one day I will get to that point....I'm just not there now. This is a great opportunity and I plan to make the most of it! Thank you all for supporting me and picking me up when I needed it. This nest is AWESOME!!!

Hugs to all, hang in there with this AF thing..... Sober IS the new black!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Wow Byrdie, let me be the first to congratulate you. That is awesome. I know you will do great!
                TMH
                The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Great news Byrdy! I knew it. If it wasn't this job, it would be another soon enough. I believe you can pick and choose my friend.

Good job Fin!

Wishing you a full recovery with the wrist Dutch. I understand that part of the body is a big part of your trade, like me.

Day 73 here, but i've never been one for countin'.

Kick some arse out there in your own ini....inom......inimite.....inimitable way.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Congratulations, Byrdie! Work is a blessing, I believe.

Enjoyed reading your update, Fin. Well done enjoying the occasion, but staying off the party bus.

This turned up in my inbox today, so thought I'd share. It reminds me of how our stories are similar, yet different, and the discussions that arise here sometimes about "rock bottom."

: "Rock bottom is not one specific destination. It's more like an elevator. For some addicts, rock bottom is just a few floors lower. When they hit that floor, that's it. They get it. They're done, and they want the help. They're willing to do whatever it takes to stay sober and achieve successful recovery. But for others, they keep punching a lower floor. For some, even the basement isn't low enough. They dig six feet below that."
                    Last edited by Pie; June 7, 2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Byrdie
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I'm psyched!!!
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Netsers,

A big congrats to you Byrdie!!!
                          I just knew all along that it would turn out well for you :hug:

Fin, good job on the AF event

G, you don't have to do any counting - just keep showing up!

Pie, funny how denial can keep you from recognizing & accepting that you've hit bottom. I am so grateful that we all have seen the light

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                            Good evening Nesters,

Dutch, ouch! Sorry about your wrist!!
                            Please continue to take good care of yourself & I hope you heal quickly.

Byrdie, I am so glad to hear you are feeling strong & determined & most of all calm. Let's keep the thoughts positive, it really helps

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest.

Lav
                            Byrdie I second everything Lav said in this post. Good for you. I also want to point out that with all your talk about eggs I think Lav has had a much bigger impact on you than you realize
                            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

So happy for you, Byrdie!!!
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I'm so happy to hear of your new work adventure Brydie!! Great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X