No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After falling asleep out of pure exhaustion I had some REAL sound sleep. It is a different type of sleep.

Feeling all the emotions was ok. Better than the discomfort of al-shame. I can survive it.

Still don't know what to do about most feelings, but realized I don't have to figure it out.

Comment

Urg! Some posts gets lost!

Bottom line is that I couldn't look at things differently while lulled by al.

Comment

Justme, you didnt drink therefore you win! The racing mind stops eventually. Knitting a carpet now that sounds interesting. I just finished a beanie that looks like a tea cosy but damn its warm. I stopped knitting when i drank as i needed 3 hands so the knitting went. Now i love it again way more than al. I may not be the best knitter but i sure am creative!

It took till my 2nd year to sort myself out emotionally now i am who i am and life is what i make it. There is no hurry as you say, as long as we are sober it is always a good day.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Routine was another thought last night. I don't have that. Should go to the store and buy some 😄.

Good thing I have struggles posting. Would blab your heads off!

Happy Saturday!

Comment

Thank you Available!

Yes, knitting is fun!

Comment

Checkin' in and saying hi.
              Looks like you are doing great Justme Again.

Looks like I landed a job folks. I still have to sign the contract, but it is looking positive. Wow. It will be 4 years since I have had a regular paycheque.

It has been so long that it is kind of hard to imagine working in a school again. On the other hand I cannot wait to get started.
              Praying it all goes well and if the job is 1/2 as nice as I hope I will be happy.
              BIG life changes again, but I am better equipped to handle it this time because I do not drink alcohol anymore.
              What a huge relief!
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

That's awesome news Eloise!! Congrat's

Comment

Eloise, we sure have had twin experiences here lately! I am so happy for you and excited about what the future holds! I didnt have that sense when I drank. I think I had accepted the fact that I would most likely die an early death. That is so sad....and even THAT didnt stop me from drinking. That is the power of this addiction....knowing we SHOULD stop but not knowing how in the world to do it. Amazing how mnay warning signs I was willing to ignore. The only thing that mattered was getting that next drink. What an awful way to exist.
                  Its a beautiful day here, but hot and humid. I have a hot date with some weeds out back, jealous?
                  Fin, congrats on your string of days. I remembered you hit that elusive 100 days last time, I was thrilled for you. It is a real mental hurdle. So are vacations. Once we realize that all things are possible without AL, life just gets easier. Definately simpler!

Just me, I have a whole closetful of necklaces I made while filling the hours I used to drink. I have 2 drawers of scarves I knitted and I took up cookie and cake decorating. I like to stay busy, it keeps me out of trouble! Ha!

Hope everyone is having an easy Sattidy. I slept well last night for the first time in weeks. Yay! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Ah, can you hear the peace at my house? All of the grandkids have gone home, ha ha!!!!!

Eloise, congrats on the job! You will get back into the routine quickly. Give yourself a pat on the back & a big hug from me :hug:

Justme, you go right ahead & post away. That's why we're here, we are listeners
                    Reviving old hobbies & trying out new ones are AF benefits!

Byrdie, put all your stuff out for a craft show somewhere - honestly!!! People would be lucky to & happy to buy your creations

Hi there AG & Ava!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Been a while since I've been on here. Finally made a week. :0) Course right now feel a little shaky, foggy and bloated. Still, good to be sober. Just been focusing on keeping relaxed.

A happy and healthy weekend to everyone.
                      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Hi Orimus,great to see you again an congrats on a week,keep it up my friend
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning, all!
                          Orimus, great to see you. If you choose to, this can be your very LAST time trying to get that first week in! It really IS an all or nothing proposition. It has to be. Slamming the door on drinking really made all the difference for me. I am thrilled for your great beginnig! Here's a salute for you! :butt:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! It is HOT, HOT, HOT here in the ole North state! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Nice to see you here, Orimus!

Comment

Thanks all, much appreciated. Feeling a little clearer than yesterday, less bloated and it looks like I lost 10 pounds this week despite all the takeout! :0) Glad to be back and feeling a little momentum.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Hello & welcome back Orimus! Congrats on your AF week, great work.
                                Stick with us, we're a nice bunch

It was a hot & humid weekend here too Byrdie. So grateful for the AC!!!
                                I met an old friend from high school for lunch today. We had an awesome time.
                                I am also grateful for my AF'ness or this fun & busy weekend never would have happened.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X