No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, I used to be on here years ago under a different name which I can't seem to remember how I spelled it - so we'll start over in more ways than one. Been on and off with the wine over the years but it has increased over the past two years and I really want to quit. I've accepted that I'm not going to moderate so here goes nothing. Planning a beer titrate this week to finish Saturday - starting with 6 today then decrease one per day. I think I can handle it this way. I'm not getting any younger and am looking forward to a life without booze in it. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Good Monday morning Nesters!

Welcome outsidelookingin! Glad you decided to join us once again
      Your plan sounds good. Be sure to visit the Tool box for more ideas to help you expand your plan & cover all the bases. Checking in daily helps a lot!!

Wishing everyone a great AF day ahead!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Come on IN, Outside! You don't need to just be looking. I used to watch happy non-drinkers and and wish I could be like them. I PUT myself on the outside of that safe, poison-free world and couldn't figure out how to get back in there. I would read lists of famous people who didn't drink and be so envious of them, wondering why if they could manage not to drink in their very social, busy, party-filled lives I couldn't stop drinking each night alone. But -- that's addiction.

Have you read through the toolbox? If is full of good ideas for getting back in to where you want to be.

All the best, NS

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters!
          Welcome Outside!! A link to the Tool Box is in my signature line below. We are so glad you're here. When drinking becomes more trouble and effort than NOT drinking it's time to quit for good. And it really is for GOOD....everything is better sober for me. Jump right in and tell us what's going on, you won't find more empathy than right here, we've seen/heard/done it all! UGG!

I'm packing for my trip to Philly tomorrow for that convention. I am scared and excited, hopefully I will learn a LOT! I am sure to run into former coworkers and prolly my old boss. That will be interesting! IF I can get thru this whole process sober I know you can, too! All you gotta do is get thru THIS day!!! Hugs to all, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Important message.

If you don't like something , change it -- i.e., the first step to living your life again is quitting drinking. If you're thinking about quitting -- and why else would you be here? -- do it today. Make the change you need to live the life you want. The rest will fall into place. Have a great day everyone!
            Last edited by Elvis; June 13, 2016, 10:32 AM.
            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Nice Elvis, thanks. Time to live the life I don't need to take a vacation from.

Welcome outside!
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis View Post
                Important message.

If you don't like something , change it -- i.e., the first step to living your life again is quitting drinking. If you're thinking about quitting -- and why else would you be here? -- do it today. Make the change you need to live the life you want. The rest will fall into place. Have a great day everyone!
                Spot on Elvis! Good to see you man. I love that list and everything on it is true for me.

Getting sober is the first step, then enjoying the little challenge of creating a life that means something to us, little by little every day.

Speaking of Lil, Lil' bit. Where are you?

Hello Outsidein! Great going Orimus!

Day 79 why not shine?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I had a rather productive day - nice

Thanks for posting that message Elvis, it's all so true!

Byrdie, you'll be up I'm my neck of the woods tomorrow. I hope it all goes well for you. Relax & have some fun too

G, I see you are pushing 80 man!!!! Good for you!

Hi there Orimus, hope you are doing OK.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good for you Orimus.
                    The fog will start to clear in the coming days and maybe it is best to arm yourself with a plan?
                    I know what you are saying about remaining calm. Boy oh boy do I ever know. I still find myself anxiety eating.
                    I just finished an 8 week mindfulness training, well I used a book and followed the advice. It has been really great. Now instead of grabbing something to eat I listen to a guided meditation, 3-5 minutes, and voila! I am okay.
                    I don't know that I would have welcomed it in the early days though? I don't think so... get yourself some supplements... check the health store. I found that very helpful. Maybe you know this and I am being annoying? Sorry.

Anyway a week sober is GREAT!
                    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi Nest

It is sooo cold here. This winter is worse than others, but I think al caused me not to feel it that bad. I remember running out in the mornings and feeling thankful for the cold on my flushed cheeks😄. Now its just damn cold!

Eloise, Byrd - best of luck with the new jobs!

Orimus - great going with one week! The fog will clear, which is really nice to experience.

Hi Lav, Pie, Outside, Gman, NS and Elvis and Pauly...
                      Last edited by Justme Again; June 14, 2016, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Nesters

Sunny & warm here, appreciating the AC.
                        Justme, I didn't realize you were on the other side of the globe - stay warm!!!

I am getting a new flock of day old hatchlings this week so I am busy making preparations. I will remember to grab a pic when they arrive to share the cuteness, ha ha!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!
                        Good luck to you today Byrdie.

Lab
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thank you, Lav!
                          I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I tell you, getting thru all these changes AF has been such a blessing. Carrying around that ball and chain got SO old. I'm glad to be relying on MYSELF to navigate these nerves! Is it uncomfortable? YES. But it is worth it. I avoided emotions for far too long!
                          Do whatever it takes to get thru THIS day AF. I promise it's worth it! I'll check in when I get settled in Phlly! Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

I'm starting on my AF journey. Day 1 and I feel terrible. I wrote myself a letter this morning to remind me of why I need to embrace and stick to the plan. I need to learn to love myself again and stop poisoning myself. I just wanna thank you all for your stories and for making me feel like I'm not alone.

Comment

Welcome InTheSky!
                              Day 1 is among the toughest there is. But the good news is this can be your last one! You are definately NOT alone. Every single one of us has been where you are. It gets better, please believe us. If it stayed that hard NOONE could get sober! Hang in there tonight, tomorrow you will be so proud that you did!

Made it to PHilly and will be calling it an early night. So glad Im not down at the bar getting stoopid! Tomorrow I hope tonput my best foot forward! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Hello & welcome Inthesky, glad you decided to join us
                                Have you seen the Tool box yet? It's full of great ideas to help you customize your plan.
                                Kicking AL out of your life is the best possible decision. I haven't missed that poison one bit. I am only grateful & you will be too. Stay close to the nest & let us know how we can help!

Byrdie, I know you are grateful & on your best game now! Enjoy your stay in Philly but don't eat the cheesesteaks, ugh, ha ha!!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X