Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome Girly Wirly! Pull up a twig & get comfy. This is the place to be. :welcome:

Everyone is very supportive. And we all understand. So get settled in. :l
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!! I'm off to work now. Just got a call from the alarm company. They have called the fire department. I called work. It was a false alarm. I better get in there.
      Has anyone seen the movie Airplane? "I picked a hell of a day to give up drinking!" :H:H:H
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 21 here.
        In theory, the "habit" of drinking should be broken right? Still not letting my guard down though...my resolve is as strong as ever! Glad to see everyone's doing well in the Nest. You guys are so supportive and caring!
        xoxo
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;841194 wrote: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!! I'm off to work now. Just got a call from the alarm company. They have called the fire department. I called work. It was a false alarm. I better get in there.
          Has anyone seen the movie Airplane? "I picked a hell of a day to give up drinking!" :H:H:H
          Sure have! :H

Have a good day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

girly wirly;841188 wrote: room for a little one? xx
            C'mon over here, girly wirly...I'll strap you in right where Nora was...with both a safety belt and butt velcro! We have coffee, diet coke, all sorts of teas and sodas...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

I am going to try something new... not in my comfort zone at all...
              I have been on this site since the first part of March (2010) and was not in good shape.
              Thanks to a lot of good people here, I have managed to get my mood stabilized
              I have only achieved 13 days AF... and that was the longest since I have been here.
              I am now on my 2 day AF... but the day is not through.
              Decided today, I needed to be accountable for my Alcohol Addiction... I hate that title but for me... that is, what it is.
              Sorry, if I put a damper on all the happy vibes in the "Nest" but this is where I am most comfortable
              I think about you all... what you are doing?... how yall are doing?... It may sound crazy but I really care...
              Thanks for listening.

runningwind :l
              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have you ever wanted to post on here to ask for help then decide not to in case you get the help to stay in the nest? Bizarre but that's how I'm acting. Keep typing a post then delete it quickly in case I get the support I need and then won't be able to fall.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Butterflybe;841232 wrote: Have you ever wanted to post on here to ask for help then decide not to in case you get the help to stay in the nest? Bizarre but that's how I'm acting. Keep typing a post then delete it quickly in case I get the support I need and then won't be able to fall.
                  oh butterfly lets get through this day eh, lets not give in.... together...... just for today!:l
                  The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

That sounds positive........ but not sure how strong I can be. Will stay here for a while as I'm sure it's the best place to be to keep holding in there. Thanks Girly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Butterfly - absolutely. I understand completely. :l

Ok - looks like we have some nest belts on Runningwind, Butterflybe, Girly Wirly and me!!!! We are all together for today. What do you say?????

Hey runningwind. I'm proud of you girl!! You posted outside of your comfort zone. :goodjob:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Butterfly,
                        I can totally relate to what you're saying. In a twisted way it makes sense
                        It's like not asking your "higher power" (no, I am not an AA fan) for help, because you are afraid you will get it, then you have no excuse to fail. Been there, done that. It's a sad cycle we get caught in. Please ask for help when you need some, and dont be disappointed when you actually get it. We're here for you!
                        xoxo
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks - although it would be better if none of us had to be here, it is good to know I'm not 'the onlly one'.
                          Will try to stick with you for the rest of the day, especially with those who are strapped in tight for the night.
                          Hang on in there everyone - is there such a thing as a rollercoaster nest becasue I think that's where I am?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Must be a rollercoaster nest. That's why there are seat belts. :H:H
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters, can relate to what you are saying Butterfly. The tricks AL plays with a mind is strong.
                              AF since April 19, 2010
                              NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                              -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Newbies Nest

Help

:new:Help im new and im scared and im so glad i found you!This is day one for me and i dont know what to do any advice? just dont tell me to go to AA it hasnt worked or rehab i have no money.

Comment

Working...
                                X