Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome Koki
    I'm new here too only 4th day........ stick with this site, have a good look around and everyone is so great at supporting each other.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks NoraC... I have my seatbelt on and ready to ride this thing :H
      Sending strength to us all :l

runningwind
      The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Koki - Glad to meet you.:welcome: Come on over & find a twig. Don't be scared:l. Be happy that you are doing something wonderful for yourself. :goodjob:
        This is a great place and everyone is very supportive. I'm at work so I've got to run right now. But, I'll be back. Just be sure to read & post and read & post and read & post.
        You will get a lot of great advise here.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome koki, pretty new here too. Day 4 for me. Stick around, this is a huge help!
          AF since April 19, 2010
          NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
          -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep, butterfly... I totally get what you're saying!

Alright, you wobbly whittle wombats... I'm throwing up an extra roll of butt velcro. You guys just stay put for a while! Butterfly.. if you need to go to chat just shout out, ok?

Welcome Koki!!! Grab a seat belt, some butt velcro and hang on tight
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Sunni - did you get dressed today? I wore my jammies to work last Halloween. :H:H
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I wear my jammies to work every day ...... well what I throw on first thing in the morning which is much the same. Very easy, everyone should try it! Perhaps there should be a new dress code in the nest?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey yeah!! That sounds fair. Actually, I shouldn't complain. I'm wearing jeans.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

runningwind;841231 wrote: Hi everyone,

I am going to try something new... not in my comfort zone at all...
                    I have been on this site since the first part of March (2010) and was not in good shape.
                    Thanks to a lot of good people here, I have managed to get my mood stabilized
                    I have only achieved 13 days AF... and that was the longest since I have been here.
                    I am now on my 2 day AF... but the day is not through.
                    Decided today, I needed to be accountable for my Alcohol Addiction... I hate that title but for me... that is, what it is.
                    Sorry, if I put a damper on all the happy vibes in the "Nest" but this is where I am most comfortable
                    I think about you all... what you are doing?... how yall are doing?... It may sound crazy but I really care...
                    Thanks for listening.

runningwind :l
                    Hey there RW! Day 4 for me! I know I didn't do so well on leading you all in the April Challenge!!! My next goal is to get through my birthday this weekend AF. If I can do that, it will be the first birthday since 1492 I've been sober. (But I made it through an actual Happy Hour yesterday - do you believe it??)

And you're not putting a damper on the Next - we are all happy to see you back here with us!
                    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

spuddleduck;841182 wrote: IDIOT!!! sorry but no one said it. get that life reclaimed. you know you want to
                      Spuds! That's not very polite! (Oh... unless you are talking to KatieB's ex, in which case it is expected!)
                      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;841221 wrote: C'mon over here, girly wirly...I'll strap you in right where Nora was...with both a safety belt and butt velcro! We have coffee, diet coke, all sorts of teas and sodas...
                        Oh, and Girly - a word to the wise: If Fennel offers you a snack, just say no...
                        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm still hangin' in the nest - how about you guys Girly, Nora, Runningwind and Koki ?
                          Just had a cup of hot water with lemon .......... mmmm - couldn't face any more water or coffee!
                          Not quite the same as wine but satisfying and done the job for now

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;841274 wrote: Hey there RW! Day 4 for me! I know I didn't do so well on leading you all in the April Challenge!!! My next goal is to get through my birthday this weekend AF. If I can do that, it will be the first birthday since 1492 I've been sober. (But I made it through an actual Happy Hour yesterday - do you believe it??)

And you're not putting a damper on the Next - we are all happy to see you back here with us!
                            1492?????
                            :wow: I hope you have a sturdy branch.. you.. you... dinosaur, you! :H

Nora, I did get dressed.. I don't have to dress for work (work from home) but the folks in town look at me funny when I go to the store/bank, etc..
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;841170 wrote: Don't mention it! Here's some diet cokes. I'm going to work out, but I'll be back!
                              Geez - how long does it take you to work out???? No wonder you don't have to worry about your weight!:H:H:H
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama - How did it go?????
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X