No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, So this may be somewhere else on the MWO forums but it's getting on to 6pm here in the UK and I'm going to the shop to get a chocolate cake, I'll try and get some candles, and pour a big glass of apple juice - Why?

Well, someone we all have grown to know and love and who has given amazing support to Newbies for a long time is clocking up a MAJOR milestone herself today...

And, if you go right back through her posts, I know she will not mind me saying that she suffered the same set-backs and rebounds as we have all had more recently. None the less, since January 2011 she has been completely Alcohol Free....

Our very own Byrdlady clocks up a MONUMENTAL
    2,000 DAYS

Today
    Well done Byrdie, we salute you!

Comment

OMG, I have been so consumed in work today I forgot to think about that! When I did the Sunday Shout Out yustaday, I made a mental note to stop and reflect on 2000 days.....I gotta tell ya, if you had told me I would have 2000 AF days and be giving advice on a NO Drinking forum I'd have told you to get check yourself in somewhere! It is unreal to me! AL was such a big part of my life for so long I had no confidence that I could achieve this.....until I did!
      Tony, thank you so much for the kind words! I certainly could not have done this alone. I TRIED! I appreciate your being Prize Patrol 3 and taking time to post that! Hugs to all, Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

2000 days that makes you think
        2000 days without a drink
        Thru hard times sad times now here you are
        Well done to you the Carolinian star

Youve helped so many along the way
        Giving sound advice every day
        So it's a big well done from us all
        So when you get home have a ball

��
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome . I am happy to report that I managed to get through making dinner without a glass or three of wine . I feel fine right now , no serious withdrawal symptoms . I think the fact that I run most days of the week may be my saving grace. My hubby told me that he was very worried about me last night as I was not breathing properly and when he tried to wake me up I didn't respond . Scary ! I have taken this decision to stop drinking again. I truly believe this time is for good.

Comment

Good afternoon Nesters!!

Hello & welcome bobby, glad you found us & decided to hop in the nest.
            Kicking AL out of your life is a good decision

CONGRATS ON 2000 AF day Byrdie :welldone:
            I am very proud of you today & always!

I hope everyone has a wonderful AF rest of the day. Keep up the good work kids, you will love the results

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

BYRD BYRD BYRD what can i say, 2000 sober days for you and you were my rock and my place to go to when i so wanted a drink in the early days. Your wisdom and kindness to me has gotten me to this place in sobriety now. I remember your pm's of how well i was doing when i thought i would cave in. Just a word of hope from someone who believed in me helped so much. Today i am nearly 1000 days sober because of your help (and so many others). Have a wonderful day dear lady.

You are proof that we all have a day 1 and we can all get to 2000 days with hard work and checking in daily and being accountable for ourselves. Your help for me cannot be measured but i thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here.

Have a lovely day xxxxxxxxxx
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

2000 days and not once did you cave in, Byrdie, despite major losses and stresses. You changed your mind and you've never doubted yourself or your commitment.

Thank you so much for minding the Nest along with Lav and giving everyone a glimpse of the lives they can have if they let go of the grip they have on alcohol - and it has on them.

You have a gift for making each and every one of us feel like you really care - that we're special to you and that you have confidence in us. That connection made all the difference to me after so much time guarding my secret and isolating myself from everyone around me. Thank you for your kindness, interest, enthusiasm, consistent message, and love. You've truly made a difference. With endless love and appreciation, NS

Comment

Wow Byrdie!!!

Congratulations on 2000 sober days!!

And thank you for sharing it with us on MWO and patroling the Nest

Comment

Wowza!!

Comment

Omg, yall, THANK YOU! I could cry! This place is the bombdiggity!!! Xoxoxoxoxoxo
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Congratulations Byrdie NS said it already but you really do a great job around here,making everyone feel welcome is a full time job plus you work your job full time and still make an effort to be here,thank you for everything you do
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                          2000 days and not once did you cave in, Byrdie, despite major losses and stresses. You changed your mind and you've never doubted yourself or your commitment.

Thank you so much for minding the Nest along with Lav and giving everyone a glimpse of the lives they can have if they let go of the grip they have on alcohol - and it has on them.

You have a gift for making each and every one of us feel like you really care - that we're special to you and that you have confidence in us. That connection made all the difference to me after so much time guarding my secret and isolating myself from everyone around me. Thank you for your kindness, interest, enthusiasm, consistent message, and love. You've truly made a difference. With endless love and appreciation, NS
                          2000 days Byrdie ...... That makes me SO HAPPY! I agree with every word NS wrote above!! Your posting THE PLAN on my first few days was a paradigm shift for me!! I just love you're presence on MWO ... don't ever leave us!!!! :hug:
                          "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it" ........

Comment

Hey Byrdie......popped in and find you have hit the big 2000! Go you!
                            This is your year! You deserve it! X
                            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

2000 days!!! That deserves a PRIZE!!! I couldn't find a cake, so how about some flowers! :congrats:
                              11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie, your fans obviously love you very much - we all love & appreciate you

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X