No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Nesters! Coffee time here, then gym. Then home to another long work day before I can cruise into the weekend. I look forward to weekends now because I can sleep in more than anything else. I don't have a busy one planned. Boyfriend is a high school football referee so this is a busy time for him. I'll have to get into some trouble all by myself. And by trouble I mean doing things around my house. Gods knows there is plenty to do. It's been another hot humid week here, so walks have been short. Dogs have cabin fever, so I'll likely try to get them for nice long walks this late afternoon after it cools off a bit. Have a happy safe Friday!

Comment

Tony, I am wiped out. Up at 4:45 this morning to finish the colon prep. We will leave the house at 10 the proceedure is at 11. I was up at the crack of dawn. Ill be glad to have this one behind me. Bottoms up! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
        I was up at the crack of dawn. Ill be glad to have this one behind me. Bottoms up! Byrdie
        I so hope these puns were intended. But I'll leave it open ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Siren53 View Post
          :haha::haha::haha:
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hahaha! You guys crack me up! I'm all whining about not being able to eat until after.8 and poor Byrdie has to wait until after 11! I'd die my blood sugar feels so low in the morning that's why I gotta get this test to see what's up, am I really having a blood sugar problem or am I just a hippopotamus?? Wishing everyone a great AF Friday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Siren53 View Post
              Comedy AND poetry - loving it!

Comment

Just a note on blood sugar... I used to get that really bad, especially first thing in the morning. I finally linked it with eating sugars and simple carbs (alcohol counts too). I stopped eating most grains & junk sugars and upped my fat intake (good fats like olive oil, avocados, nuts), and i don't have that problem now AT ALL. Grains and sugars process so quickly in our systems that we then crash and need more - thus the "low blood sugar" feeling. But when we burn proteins, veggies, fruits and fats, they burn slower and we don't really crash. I feel a LOT better.
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Me too Kensho regarding the blood sugar crashes, although I do continue to avoid being hungry.

How is it Brydie?
                  (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Good afternoon Nesters,

I hope it all went well today Byrdie :hug:

Still stuck in a heat wave here, I am not thrilled.
                    I really want to get outside & get some serious garden cleanup going but I will have to wait.

I hope everyone is enjoying an AF Friday

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Nesters!
                      I'm also someone who suffers with blood sugar issues. I understand the theory behind cutting the grains, but I love eating them and can't really figure out how to go without while eating a vegetarian diet. I could definitely cut out all of the wheat based, processed carbs! And anything that isn't a whole grain..

I was thinking this morning that I'm having some problems accepting the ageing process. I'm having a hard time moving to the next stage.. the changes in how I look, if I see a photo of myself for example, don't match how I feel. I don't know what I want to say. I guess just realizing that that's also been something I've been trying to escape from. I definitely need to get back to the gym. I've been telling myself that for way too long and haven't yet moved on it.

Byrdie, I also hope you're feeling alright.

:hug: to all!

Comment

Im so glad to have that colonoscopy in my rear view. He found and removed a polyp, so that is proof positive that colonoscopies arexthe gold standard in colon cancer detection. This is my third polyp, so I must stay vigilant on this end, too. Gosh, there is a lot of vigilance I need to maintain, but like Alcoholism, wishing it would go away isnt going to cut it, I must always stay behind it. I told my doc yustaday that the colon prep is a lot kess trouble than battling colon cancer. An ex coworker of mine (46) is battling it now and losing. So a yearly colonoscopy is a small price to pay. Like checking in here, that is chicken feed compared to the grips of addiction. If these small things keep me healthy and happy, Ill do them!

Thank you all for your well-wishes, puns and poems. Great to know you all had my back!! Xoxoxox, Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Great attitude Byrdie! Glad all is well.

Having coffee here with the family at our favorite coffee shop. Nice and relaxing. I've been just moving forward without drinking, but I haven't focused on being grateful as much as I have in the past. So I'm working at paying more attention to how glad I am to not be drinking. For starters, I'm SO happy I'm not hungover - I don't miss that AT ALL!!!
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

I'm growing old disgracefully LC! hehe.

Glad that's behind u Byrdie. Here's a recent sobering interview with Liz Varda. Apologies for the not gr8 quality visual. Day 28. Have a bewdy out there. We only have today.

YouTube

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Glad everything went well Byrdie Kensho,I'm also working on gratitude, I'm grateful that I'm not drinking and sick,screw that
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ha G-man! me, too!

Kensho, I obviously needed the gratitude reminder today.. I am grateful for so many things. Especially the girls right now.
                                Hi Pauly, Lav, Byrdie, Eloise and everyone checking in today.

I'm off to bed and looking forward to a sober Sunday!
                                xx

Comment

Working...
                                X