No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really craving a margarita tonight; going to that favorite place we used to hit for the drinks. It's also good food and the kids love it and we can walk to lots of great shops, so it will be plenty enjoyable without poison, but my mind is sneaking up on me tonight, so I thought I'd post. I will eat whatever I want tonight, get double dessert and then check back with you all when the night's done. It's not me anymore to drink.
    Last edited by KENSHO; September 10, 2016, 07:26 PM.
    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Byrdie. Sorry I didn't share this with you before your procedure
      YouTube
      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Finally checking in to see how everyone is doing
        I am so looking forward to the break in hot weather we've been promised!!!

Byrdie, glad everything is OK.
        Geez, we do have a lot to be grateful for, don't we??

Kensho, replace those drink thoughts with gratitude thoughts - works like a charm.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Home and sober. Glad for it too
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Well done Kensho. Those thoughts are just thoughts as long as we don't act on them.

Comment

Evening nesters

Another weekend that has gone too quick. its amazing how much i do get done now that i dont wake with a hangover. I remember when i would stay home all day due to anxiety (hangover) and could only venture out about 3ish to buy the essentials (wine). Doing anything productive was not on any list i had as i deserved to rest (drink) after working all week.

I did manage to add to my wool collection as the sales were on, baked some cakes, went food and op shopping, did loads of washing, bathed the dogs, whipper snipped the front lawn, went for a coffee and done an assignment. Why is it i always feel as i have done nothing on a weekend.

Glad you are all okay Byrd, rest up.

LC dont push yourself to do more than you can handle atm. My theory was if i did three things a day that was enough even if one of those three was make a cup of tea. Your biggest achievement that you should be extremely proud of is that you are not drinking, the rest will fall into place in time.

Good on you kensho for surfing the urge. Everything gets easier in time. i was out the other day and thought maybe i could be normal and have a wine. 2 years and 9 months and still need to slap myself around the head. me and normal with drinking do not equate.

Where are you Just? Hope you are doing okay and sorting everything out.

Well i am off to finish one more assignment and then watch some idiot box. The weather is getting warmer and days lighter which makes me happier. Winter saps the life out of you after a few months.

Take care x
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I love your posts Ava you always make me chuckle, the worst feeling in the world is having that hangover anxiety and trying to drive to get those"essentials" I don't ever want to feel like that again, Kensho,great job I was kinda worried when you posted yesterday but I know how much you want this so I knew you'd be ok,hello to all and have a great AF Sunday
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

This is a free online conference that will be having some good speakers: Recovery 2. Free Online Conference Sept. 14-18, 216.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                    I'm growing old disgracefully LC! hehe.

Glad that's behind u Byrdie. Here's a recent sobering interview with Liz Varda. Apologies for the not gr8 quality visual. Day 28. Have a bewdy out there. We only have today.

YouTube
                    Wow, G, this was an incredible interview with Ekizabeth Vargas of ABC News.
                    I would urge all of us to watch it, its 36 minutes long but well worth it. Its a great reminder that our actions touch a lot of other lives.

Thank you all for the good wishes, I appreciate that very much!

Tony, cipongrats on your 3 months sober!!! :three: great job!
                    Darkest Diamond also clocked in with 50 days!! :fairy: Keep it going!

Hope everyone has an easy day!!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Nesters!!

Ava, loved the comparison of your weekends before and after.. this last one of "doing nothing" sounded pretty full to me!
                      I hear you with not taking on too much at once..but I do think it's good for me to find some things besides the boob tube to occupy my time.. I've been hooked on a couple of series that allow me to "escape".. Today I jumped into the Spanish though, and before I knew it a couple of hours had passed and I was feeling caught up.. not really, but closer. And guess what? It was FUN! I actually love learning a language.. Did you bake cakes for special occasions or just for the heck of it?

I am in a bit of a complicated living situation.. at times it wears on me, but at the moment, it's functioning quite well. My partner is out of town and his son (15 years) with whom I've been living for 10 years, asked if it would be alright if he had 5! friends (girls and boys) spend the night.. I also had my girls here.. and wasn't excited about it.. but he's a great boy and I said that as long as they promised not to be too crazy, not to upset our downstairs neighbor (which they had a few weeks previously) that it would be ok.. he said they would have something to eat on the way home, so I didn't have to cook. They got here around 10pm with folding mattresses in hand.. they set up the room and came out to the kitchen with a loaf of white toast bread.. I thought they'd bought it for breakfast..? It was their dinner! Along with what we had in the fridge, of course. After an internal freak-out (I'm obsessed with the kids nutrition and having a proper dinner) I was reminded of how simple things can be.. they had no problem sleeping 3 to a bed, eating whatever was there.. they thanked me profusely for letting them hang out and were very respectful as far as noise goes.. A good lesson for me. I CAN relax a bit.

I hope you're all having a good weekend. I can imagine it's difficult in the US today, being the 11 Sept.
                      love to you all..

Comment

Good afternoon Nesters,

Remembering the events of September 11 as well LC.

Not much going on here. We went to the outlets to do a little shopping, good sales!!

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                          Here. Long day; can't wait for bed. I craved a drink tonight. Sometimes I just want the never-ending brain to stop the noise - and alcohol did that, until it didn't. No worries though, I'll relax soon enough!

Have a good night everyone.
                          Nice going Kensho. Great attitude about handling a craving.

I've been on a long trip, and been a bit MIA. Reading back on some recent posts/activity. Great to see that the stalwarts, especially you are holding up well.

Comment

Hi, All:

Well, I had a drinking dream. I didn't actually drink, but I was trying to figure out how to get a drink to cure a hangover I had, so I must have (in my dream) had a lot to drink. More like a nightmare, I'd say...

Kensho - each use of that sober muscle it gets stronger. I can say that it took some time, but I rarely "crave" a drink (really "think about" is more like it now). You'll get there...

Oh, those morning anxieties! That's what I was trying to avoid in my dream. Horrible. Blech. So very grateful to be rid of that.

9/11 is a sad and heavy day here. I am going to bed hopefully to dream better things tonight.

Happy SOBER Sunday.
                            Pav

Comment

Morning Nesters

Early check-in for me today as I'm off for an early appointment with the Shrink. Still can't get my head around the fact that I have a psychiatrist... Mind you I've got a list of questions today - God help her!

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post

I am in a bit of a complicated living situation.. at times it wears on me, but at the moment, it's functioning quite well. My partner is out of town and his son (15 years) with whom I've been living for 10 years, asked if it would be alright if he had 5! friends (girls and boys) spend the night.. I also had my girls here.. and wasn't excited about it.. but he's a great boy and I said that as long as they promised not to be too crazy, not to upset our downstairs neighbor (which they had a few weeks previously) that it would be ok.. he said they would have something to eat on the way home, so I didn't have to cook. They got here around 10pm with folding mattresses in hand.. they set up the room and came out to the kitchen with a loaf of white toast bread.. I thought they'd bought it for breakfast..? It was their dinner! Along with what we had in the fridge, of course. After an internal freak-out (I'm obsessed with the kids nutrition and having a proper dinner) I was reminded of how simple things can be.. they had no problem sleeping 3 to a bed, eating whatever was there.. they thanked me profusely for letting them hang out and were very respectful as far as noise goes.. A good lesson for me. I CAN relax a bit.

I hope you're all having a good weekend. I can imagine it's difficult in the US today, being the 11 Sept.
                                love to you all..
                                You know I wouldn't be so critical of yourself.
                                I think this situation would freak the best of us out. You are very kind and very flexible. I would have definitely said 'Are you joking? No, no slumber party.' I would not have even said I am sorry as that would open things up for discussion.
                                You are a star lifechange.
                                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
                                X