AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Baby Gray

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoarC.......Love it......my wife does'nt x care too much for cats......but I had 2 of them when I was living by my self......cute ! IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've got 5 to give away IAD. You sure you can't talk your wife into it??????:H
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Norah C. Those kitties are cute. My son looked over my shoulder and we agreed we want Baby Gray. It's a shame it would cost a crate load of kittens to ship him/her here.

Norah, I can usually be the lady and have one or two drinks when out socially. I have only embarrassed myself a few times, when transport has been provided for a "do" meaning I can drink whatever. My problem drinking begins at home, where I rarely stop at one. Tonight I have to transport kids so will not drink anymore, and I have too much to do this weekend, so a really good excuse not to indulge. On Sundays I have to drive kids to the country and on Monday I have to travel for my job, so not much drinky time available for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Mama - big congrats on your job interview! :cheering:
                Spam - good to hear you got a good night's rest..
                Jacqrabbit - good luck with the camping, sounds a lot of fun!
                Lav - great to see you back and in good shape.. xx
                I've had a good day today.. took my son to the park this morning.. then my ex actually took me to lunch at a posh cafe to make up for his tirade the other night.. don't worry I am not letting my guard down and there's no hope for us, but I thought I would let him treat me..
                Just came back from my counselling session, which went well.. he taught me how to not let my ex's insults hurt me.. not to "engage"..
                Hi to Meech, Mollyka (where are you?!), Nemed, Nora,dancingon, Sunni, Tranq, Fennel, , Coco-nut, IAD and sorry to anyone i've missed.. love to you all, be back later,
                Katie xxxx
                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Katie,

Not "engaging" is a brilliant ability. My husband can do it naturally and it's amazing to watch someone try and get one over him - it's impossible. (We worked together for 8 + years so I have seen him interact with other people alot.)

I am trying to "learn" how to do it myself.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Nora they are gorgeous! I just love kittens. Sorry I cant take anymore as we already have two orphans living with us.... or should I say we live with two orphans....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, I admit I undid the seatbeld and took off the butt velcro whilst no one was looking (I hope!?) but I have got back into the nest now. So, did not stay AF but did stay in control and only 2 glasses of wine, one less than the night before and felt in full control. In fact I'm content with my decision, no excuses to make, I decided to have that wine, I enjoyed it and I decided to STOP at 2! If it had not been for all of you though I would have started earlier and had plenty more. So thanks to everyone.
                      Congrats to Girly, Nora, Runningwind and I hope Koki too for hanging in the nest - keep up the good work. Hope you don't feel too disappointed in me for not sticking with you 100%

Nora, Kittens look gorgeous..... think my dogs would love them a little too much though (probably for dinner)

Mama - hope you get good news on the job interview

Sunshine - thanks for all the encouragement and offer of chat if needed to

Busy day in the office today, so must get on but will be back lots I'm sure

BTW I haven't tried any snacks from the nest yet - mixed reviews from my fellow fledglings; so what is recommended?

Have a good day everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

butterfly

no disapointment in you! just pride! you are taking control at you own pace, in your own way. this place is called my way out i guess because we all have to do it our way. not the way anyone else orders us to, no mtter who they are. if we could we would all be AA/ rehab angels! so not fro me! well done on that self control honey. mwah:l
                        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama is awake after a bad evening......it was completely my fault and I take full responsibility for mu behavior. Papa Bear is fine....I had nothing to eat all day and was all keyed up from my two hour interview and eneded up having four beers.....but was obiviuosly uber-tipsy. Did I have fun? NO
                          Did I enjoy myself? NO Was it worth it? HELL NO
                          we are fine this morning......Papa is ok and my son is fine....he got rear ended and then pushed into the car in front of him......insurance will take care of everything,but this is the second smash up in 6 months.........
                          ON A DIFF NOTE
                          I went to the doctor and she wants me off the Topa and upping my anti depressant...she is not happy with the side effects......especially the forgetfulness and brain fog.....she thinks my drinking is stress related and that if I get this new job I will settle....I hope she is right...but I know that the work begins with me.....not the outside world....
                          I should hear from the hopefully not Mrs. Satan by Monday.....what a grueling interview...but great....I have to admit it went into witching hour and I was so keyed up by the time I left I think that's why I indulged.....
                          Thanks for listening and all the support
                          mama
                          I promise to be in a more playful mood later!!
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama is awake after a bad evening......it was completely my fault and I take full responsibility for my behavior. Papa Bear is fine....I had nothing to eat all day and was all keyed up from my two hour interview and eneded up having four beers.....but was obiviuosly uber-tipsy. Did I have fun? NO
                            Did I enjoy myself? NO Was it worth it? HELL NO
                            we are fine this morning......Papa is ok and my son is fine....he got rear ended and then pushed into the car in front of him......insurance will take care of everything,but this is the second smash up in 6 months.........
                            ON A DIFF NOTE
                            I went to the doctor and she wants me off the Topa and upping my anti depressant...she is not happy with the side effects......especially the forgetfulness and brain fog.....she thinks my drinking is stress related and that if I get this new job I will settle....I hope she is right...but I know that the work begins with me.....not the outside world....
                            I should hear from the hopefully not Mrs. Satan by Monday.....what a grueling interview...but great....I have to admit it went into witching hour and I was so keyed up by the time I left I think that's why I indulged.....
                            Thanks for listening and all the support
                            mama
                            I promise to be in a more playful mood later!![/QUOTE]
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanx. glad to be here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Be positive Mama - it is a new day. Start afresh and look on the bright side.
                                You are okay, Papa okay and your son too, that's got to be good
                                And...... you hopefully have that new job to look forward to as well, fingers crossed for you

Comment

Working...
                                X