Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg, thanks for making me laugh!
    Here is a little perspective for you: yesterday I tried to buy a yoga mat. I ended up doing a little pantomime of me rolling out my matt, getting on it and doing yoga in the middle of a department store with 5 little Chinese ladies laughing and trying to guess what I wanted to buy?
    Hysterical.
    Turns out they don't sell yoga matts after all. Good to know.
    We all had a good laugh.

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
    Yes, Matt, it does. However, in my defense, we had a small table on the deck that must have been concealing the exposed nail and when we took it in, there it was for the kicking. I'd give anything not to have done that....it is sore today. My neck still hurts....life sort of sucks at the moment....I know everyone has his/her time and it's just my turn. I got into the tub last night (after the toe incident) and had a good cry. I miss my old life of the familiar job with a good paycheck....I miss knowing what I'm doing. Everything is new here and foreign and I know it will take time to learn how things are done. Then I think of Eloise in a totally new foreign country, new place to live, and a new job! I should shut up and sit down!

Hugs to all today, stay strong!! Byrdie
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Morning Nest

Jkm - good job on sticking it through!

Eloise - wish I could have seen you demonstrating yoga!

I 've been a bit lazy. Felt good to do nothing, but there is a couple of things to do, so need to plan it and do it!

Happy Thursday!

Comment

Good morning, today is a big day at my work so im all gussied up. I hope sales are good today! How is everyone?
        How's it going toni?
        Time to drive to work and listen to my fav podcast

Comment

Where did everybody go?

Comment

You're not alone :hug:. Are you all set to get home safely today?

Comment

Hi Nesters!!
              We welcomed Autumn in today with a Pumpkin, Barley and Chestnut soup at work.. with a delicious full grain sourdough bread.. The weather helped us along with cold temp's and rain. ughhh.. I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to make the flat cozier for the fall/winter. How are all of you East-Coaster's doing? How's your neck, Byrdie?

JKM, great job again with yesterday.. I think days tend to be a bit slower here when everyone's at work..I'm just settling in and thinking about making dinner. How's it been for you at work today? Sounds like you had a special event going on.. hope you're enjoying your day. How's your plan looking for this afternoon/evening? You mentioned your kids yesterday (or the day before).. do they live with you?

Hi to Justme and Eloise, Kensho and G-man and Lav and Pav and everyone flying by today.. also wondering how you're doing, Tony.
              Ok.. I'll be around, checking in most of the evening.. until my bedtime at 9. Ha!

x-post, NS.. hi!

Comment

I'm around - avoiding work ! Now that I don't have to have everything done so I can start drinking at 4 , I feel like I have time to check in periodically :smile:

I love to go to bed early, too, LC. I used to always fall asleep on the floor and drag myself up to bed in the middle of the night. UGH. Never want to go back there!

I've been waking up too early lately, though! I've been eating extra "clean" this week. Sometimes it seems like that almost gives me TOO much energy. I sure have been getting a lot done in my energized early hours, though, so that's a bonus :smile:.

Comment

NS, I would be a complete wreck if I worked from home.. I'd surely never get anything done! Having to go to work is the one constant I've always taken quite seriously in my life.. the one thing I don't procrastinate with!:happy2:
                  and I know exactly what you mean with the clean eating.. whenever I begin to exercise regularly and eat really well, my energy goes through the roof. Does it even out for you at some point? I love the extra hours, but I also love my sleep!!! The biggest bonus to not drinking, in my opinion. I love waking up at 2 or 3 am now, knowing I still have 3 or 4 hours to sleep, not worried if I lie awake and think things through a bit. Bliss..

Comment

Whoo, i thought i ran everyone off with my whining!
                    I brought orange soda, coke zero, and voss (simi fancy) water to work today and we have $1000 worth of fancy food for the event today so I'll be eating alot today. No all at home, i do have $ with me today but i want to curl up in bed with the dogs and watch grey's and Chicago pd or med, which ever is on tonight, with some popcorn and a coke. Also, yesterday, i went a different way home that doesn't take me past the liquor store.
                    LC my 17 year old son lives with me and my 20 year old daughter moved out in August but has been spending the weekend with us and one of my sons friends rents a room (he's 22) so there are lots of great big kids in and out with their work and friends. They don't pay me much mind unless they are hungry or need sodas. So it's getting cold where you are, whats the temp? Here it's gonna hit 90 today. We don't get much fall in texas.

Comment

I doubt that I'll stay as "virtuous" dietarily as I'm being this week, LC, so I'll probably be getting a little more sleep fairly soon :wink:. I still wake up around 3 a.m. or so most nights but it never bothers me anymore because I'm not wracked with nausea and guilt. Like you, I love burrowing down, knowing I can get a few more hours of restful sleep.

Comment

Sounds like you have such a nice evening planned, JKM! Popcorn and cola and good series with the dogs.. I've been watching the Mentalist when I want to escape.. I really like the main actor and it's so easy. What kind of dogs do you have? I'm always envious of you all who get to have dogs. We have cats and I love them to death.. but, you know!:happy2: I think it's a really smart move to change the way of your regular route home.. I grew up partly in Arizona.. and last week we had the most gorgeous weather, reminding me of Christmas in the desert. But today we only reached 53°.. I do love the changing of the seasons.. and some people still heat with old coal ovens.. nothing like that smell to bring us into the reality of winter!

Comment

My dogs are shih tuz/poodle and a yorkie/schnauzer mixes, they are 15 and 10 lbs boy and girl respectively. The boy won't cuddle but the girl will, just like people! I have 4 cats, yes i know 6 animals is ridiculous but i love them all! I only have one cat that will cuddle though. I love dark rainy and cold! I try to eat clean, i do ok but the cokes and bread get in the way.

Comment

I remember my sister at one point had 9 shih tzu's.. loved those dogs..crazy, but so much fun.
                            there is so much evidence as to how diet/sugar can affect the brain negatively.. but I think in the beginning, and in emergency situations, ANYTHING is better than alcohol. A bit later we have time to deal with the other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                              but I think in the beginning, and in emergency situations, ANYTHING is better than alcohol. A bit later we have time to deal with the other issues.
                              I agree with you in general, LC. The only exception I would make would be for people like me who have dietary TRIGGERS to consume alcohol. Junk food suppressed cravings for me in the short term (so, I used them when absolutely necessary) but set me up for worse cravings the next day. We all need to figure out what works for each of us individually. But, that said, in a crisis moment, ANYTHING is better than drinking.

Comment

Same for me! short term it helped me a lot.. but at some point I began to have sugar hangovers which made me just as depressed as the real thing.. or simple carbs putting me on a roller coaster of ups and downs.. but I do remember that in the beginning, reaching for the chocolate or ice cream helped a lot.
                                i think reaching for very dark chocolates, nuts and dried fruits were always better than pure sugar..

Comment

Working...
                                X