Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm with spuddleduck...you know how good you felt this morning, girly...why not velcro yourself in next to Nora and sit the evening out with us? Don't choose to drink.

Comment

Newbies Nest

and as for knowing your going to drink later. thats a recipe for disaster, planning to fail. ok so its weekend, just another day. youve got to do this so why not do it now. tough it out for a week or 2 and see how you feel. you came here for a reason. we are all here for you.
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fennel....I am weaning....I feel goofy if I don't take any.....should be off it in a week or so
        Girly...come on now...you have felt so good.........
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good, mama...I've heard you're supposed to gradually go off of it.

Girly, you can get through another night AF...come sit with us!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm gonna go work out and start my pre-vacation laundry...I have tofu taco fixin's all set up. Alternatively, I have tempeh or edamame fillings. A wide variety of juices in addition to coke and diet coke. Topa is on the menu today (cough, cough), so don't forget to take it...of course, the usual Dos Gatos offerings...carnitas of all stripes, pickled veggies, guacamole, catwurst...kraut...you all sit tight until I get back.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to all the Nesters....
              girly wirly;841872 wrote: im anxious because i know i'm going to drink later. even though ive already been to the shops for what i needed and avoided the wine aisle. bit of a lost cause today i think.
              Hey Girly - me again. Just wanted to say that I hope you can face down the negative thoughts. Try not to think of it as a lost cause today since you already got through so many days AF. That just proves that you can do it. There are rough spots along the way and one of the roughest is at the stage you are right now. Feeling like you "deserve" a drink after being so good for so many days. And a bit of depression is normal right now. Try to remember that and know that tomorrow you will feel better and it will pass.
              And the "F-it feeling" hits us too. KTAB's message from your thread fits well here
              KTAB;841089 wrote: The two most dangerous words in an alcos vocabulary are f*** it.
              Girly Wirly you deserve your life back, to feel good about yourself, not full of regrets and contempt for your behavour tomorrow. DONT DO IT.
              Fennel has a good suggestion as well...fennel;841870 wrote:
              You'll be o.k., girly...what's the anxiety from? Is it a sort of free-floating thing, or is there a cause you can point to? Do you ordinarily experience anxiety?
              Maybe you could try to identify if something set this feeling off. Maybe thinking that you will be going through a weekend deprived of AL is what's doing it - missing your buddy. We have all gone through the same and if you can get over this little bump, you'll realize once more that AL isn't your buddy, he's your enemy.
              Anyway, you decide what's best for you...
              So much support in the nest - they'll velcro you in and strap you down if that's what you want. As you know, all you have to do is hang out here and the other nestlings will help you out...
              Wishing you the strength to get through this...
              Stirly...
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Girly...

Just another one 'ganging up' on you
                You can do this - we all can. I had thoughts of stopping for a bottle of wine, too.. since my son is gone for the weekend, it's weekend, etc... so I know all too well how that thought process goes. Spuddle is absolutely right; expecting yourself to drink later is giving yourself 'permission to fail' - please don't. This anxiety and want to drink WILL PASS. Stick around here, go for a walk, bathe the dog, clean the bathroom.. ANYTHING that'll get you through this SHORT period today. It will pass.. and each time you DON'T act on it will diminish the next one a little! I'm keeping my eye on you (*trying to point from eye to you - and poking myself in the peeper*)

Nora, I'm drooling! (No.. no taco thoughts) Aren't they just the cutest?! Yes, we definitely need weekly updates!

MamaBear.. still cross-eyed and hoping the not-so-satanic interview queen will beg and plead with you to come work for her.

That thread in General is called Very interesting.. - there's so much more I could have copied/pasted... I'll do the work sheets maybe this weekend - a 'plan', if you will. As for 'experienced' rider... well, I THOUGHT so - apparently I was wrong. I forgot more than I ever knew and decided to just start from scratch again. Might as well do it right, instead of trying to fake my way through it.

Fennel, your HH get-away sounds lovely! And since you're already doing laundry.. mind if I email mine over?

Ok, folksies... work is rearing its ugly head... will check back later - have a fabby afternoon!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all...i'm a newbie (thanks for the invite MamaBear) so I hope you don't mind me poking around in here w/you.

My goal with this program is to learn how to moderate, married into a lovely Irish family full of drinkers...so I just wanna learn how to know when to stop! Anyhoo...having said that I have some topa on the way to help kill these cravings!

It's Friday - the day of the week it's "OK" to drink. Now I just need to learn how to not drink 9 beers! Tonight I will try just that! Maybe my goal should be just 6? What do you think? How do I do this? Cold Turkey is NOT a good idea for me.

You guys on here are really great - love reading all the experiences - like I'm reading my own.

To Girly: I hope you make it through...looks like you have wonderful support!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;841925 wrote: Hi Girly...
                    Just another one 'ganging up' on you
                    WirlyG...Looks like the Canadian girls are on your back today...:H:H
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

stirly-girly;841940 wrote: WirlyG...Looks like the Canadian girls are on your back today...:H:H
                      :boxer: YOU BET! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;841925 wrote:

Fennel, your HH get-away sounds lovely! And since you're already doing laundry.. mind if I email mine over?
                        Might as well, since I'm down here in the basement anyways...just so long as you don't have any "fussy" clothes. I hate when things have to be dried flat.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Emcee;841938 wrote: Hi all...i'm a newbie (thanks for the invite MamaBear) so I hope you don't mind me poking around in here w/you.

My goal with this program is to learn how to moderate, married into a lovely Irish family full of drinkers...so I just wanna learn how to know when to stop! Anyhoo...having said that I have some topa on the way to help kill these cravings!

It's Friday - the day of the week it's "OK" to drink. Now I just need to learn how to not drink 9 beers! Tonight I will try just that! Maybe my goal should be just 6? What do you think? How do I do this? Cold Turkey is NOT a good idea for me.

You guys on here are really great - love reading all the experiences - like I'm reading my own.

To Girly: I hope you make it through...looks like you have wonderful support!!
                          Sounds like you're on the right track. Topa has really decreased my cravings. Of course, a portion of this is purely habit. I have found other things to replace my usual evening "habit"- such as voracious reading, hanging around in the nest, going for walks, etc. You probably won't even want nine beers once you're on the topa, but in the meantime, I'd drink a glass of water between beers. If you're not drinking during the week, those beers will most likely hit you pretty hard, so it's best to spread them out and keep yourself hydrated, right?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday, everyone - the penguin is signing off for the weekend. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay strong and keep the faith!

Love all you guys!

Coco

PS - Fennel have a great trip. I am looking forward with great anticipation to all the road kill recipes you will have for us upon your return!
                            Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

PS - Fennel have a great trip. I am looking forward with great anticipation to all the road kill recipes you will have for us upon your return!
                              Me too! Looking forward with great trepidation to all the road kill recipes you will have for us upon your return! :H

No fussy clothes here, Fennel! Those would never make it with me Have a grand trip - hope you'll have awesome weather!

Coco-saur - happy weekend to you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your awesome support I am on day-3 now but wont count for long... I don't know why... but it triggers me
                                Hopefully, I will be back tomorrow supporting others like they have supported me...but I can't promise. I am really cranky... it's truly a selfish state... but one that has to be... in order to give back to others! Everyone have a good-night or good-day
                                Where the heck are you Mollyka...?

runningwind
                                The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Working...
                                X