Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Everyone sounds great. Hi to the newbies, and welcome to the nuthouse.
    Today, it's been raining so I cleaned the house, baked cookies and a cake, and rented a few DVDs which the kids are now watching. I kind of hope tomorrow it's raining too, as I could do with a day at home.
    My ex came round and was quite civil, but seems to be planning to go off and tour the country. It's really hard when someone is suffering from depression, because they become so self-focussed they don't stop to think that they might have any other responsibilities, eg the kids might want to see him more than once a year. However, in some ways it will be easier not having him around. I find it interesting that the kids, despite having seen some of my drinking, see me as the one to depend on and their dad as the nebulous undependable one. I have to be there for them, so need to get my act together.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.
      Sounds like there are a few of you feeling blah today. Hope you moods lift soon. Not much fun feeling like that.
      Thanks Doggygirl - always so full of wisdom. The art of distraction works wonders.
      Lav glad to hear from you.
      Hi Vicki - welcome. Feel free to ask us anything and visit as often as you need. There is always someone here to help or just put a smile on your face.
      Someone asked me today if I miss having a drink. I had to think for a minute but then realised I dont miss it anymore. I sometimes even get thru the whole day without thinking about drinking.
      It's a nice place to be.
      Take care and stay strong and sober. ANZAC day for us Aussies tomorrow, usually a big excuse for a pissup. But not for me anymore.
      Nem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday, all you fine feathered (and flippered) friends out there!

Yeah, mood is a little better... house got a LITTLE cleaner last night, laundry is going (*ugggh my LEAST fav thing to do around the house), taxes are still on the schedule, but it's a nice day, so I may putter outside for a while. Gonna go feed horses now, have to be back at the barn later this afternoon (the farrier is coming) - so this day may go any which way - no idea yet. What I do know is that there won't be any AL

Chook, have fun at the parade and I hope your mom will recover quickly from her spill.
        Molly, Pap, Nora - which twig shall we choose today?
        Nemed... Congrats! I remember the utter relief when I realized I hadn't actually thought about a drink all day. Nice, eh?
        Dancing... glad your ex will be off your back for a while... although, no matter what, it is always hard on the kids.
        Lav... how are you doing this morning?
        Tranq... I keep missing you since you're out 'til all hours of the night, these days!

Alright... off I go! (I'm actually 'walking' again.. just in time for tomorrow's riding lesson!) :H
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

WAKE UP GRUMPY HEADS.......
          it is a beautiful spring morning and Mama and Papa Bear are not hungover, not arguing, (even made whoopy:shocked and are headed out the door to cut the grass, fertilize the lawn and go to an antique car show.....
          SO......NO MORE PITY PARTIES
          WE ARE ALL SO BLESSED TO HAVE EACH OTHER......I REALLY MEAN THAT
          plus....ya'll are just pouting that Fennel is gone....
          Let's celebrate what we have to be thankful for and just stop thinkin about Ole Mr Dumbass Alcohol (yes...he is a man) and get up and DO SOMETHING
          Ok....enough of preaching.....just wanted to try to perk us up
          You know I love you...
          Bye
          Mama
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

MamaBear (I'm letting the whoopie remark slide LOL!!), Sunni, Nemed- you are all so right! I am feeling much better today! The sleep wasn't great but it was soooo much better than Thursday nite. I have much to be thankful and grateful for so I will list them here as sort of my journal that I can go back to:
            • My 1994 car is just fine and didn't cost me a cent yesterday after dying on me Thursday after work 30 miles from my house
            • My dad took my car in for me and let me have his for the day-what a guy!!
            • I have a really cute house with newly cleaned up yard that this perfect for the dogs for now and easy to maintain
            • My little pup who hadn't been feeling well the past few days is right as rain and back to his crazy self
            • My animals are all healthyMy sister and her family are due back from the bahamas today and I can't wait to see the picsThe sun is shining brightly and even tho I have to be in a windowless office all day, it's a job and it's helpingI'll get home early enough to take the pups for their first walk in 2 weeks.I got through the bluest of blue moods yesterday and last nite AF and I'm not hungover today!!I found MYO and you guys!!

:bananacomputer:
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

ATTA GIRL Pap....
              is that your cabin??? can I come live with you....I'll walk the doggies...
              I am thankful for
              1. My 2 beautiful sons
              2. My 18-year-old got rear ended this week and totalled his truck but was not hurt
              3. My loving but grumpy husband that I occasionally have whoopy with
              4. Loving and supportive parents and in laws
              5. A sporadic paycheck even if I do work for Satan
              6. a couple a close girl friends
              7. A GREAT doctor
              8.The sun is up, the power bill is paid, and I have groceries
              9.I am a cancer survivior and continue to be cancer free
              10. I have this itsy bisty problem with alcohol that I am very focused on and will soon beat
              11. I HAVE A NEW WORLD WIDE FAMILY OF FRIENDS THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE BLESSED ENOUGH TO MEET. THEY MAKE ME LAUGH, THEY SUPPORT ME WHEN I CRY AND THEY KNOW ALL MY SECRETS.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh I wish MamaBear!! Maybe someday i"ll find something similar and then you can come visit and walk the doggies and enjoy the tranquility.
                I like this listing of our reasons to be thankful. I'm going to post a separate thread-it will be called Attitudes of Gratitudes. Come on over everyone and post!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, everyone! I woke up to thunder, lightening and heavy rain this morning! Guess I'll clean my house today, too. Papmom, the euphoria was awesome, wasn't it? Wish we could live in that state all the time! But we grow during the difficult times in our lives! I love your gratitude list idea! I am so thankful for many things in my life, mostly the fact that I am alcohol free today! Nora, don't you give up. :no: It took me many slip-ups to finally get free. It does get easier the longer you are sober! Fill that empty hole where alcohol used to live with something more positive! MB, what is whoopie? :shocked: Aint had none in so long, I forgot! I do remember it puts you in a better mood though! :whee: I hope everyone has a GREAT day! :heartsnflowers: Love you all, Vicki
                  I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                  but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Newbies Nest

where is everyone today???

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know MB!! I'm here at work bored to tears and there have been very few postings today. Guess everyone is enjoying the good weather if they're having it or out and about. Can't wait to get out of here and take the pups for a walk!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

well i will visit with you
                        I have decided us newbies need to adopt Maslow23. I have been pm'ing him and he is soooooooooooooo miserable, His wife just left him and took his three young kids and he sounds so sad and depressed. He has posted a few times,but not much. I wish I could jump thru the screen and help him...I am very maternal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes you are LOL!! But that is one of the many things that makes you special!! I don't recall seeing any of his posts but then again I don't stray far from "Just Starting Out" most days.
                          See if you can get him in the nest and strap him in.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MB, you are so sweet and I totally understand! I get very emotionally involved with people, too, but be careful and remember this: it is so much easier to focus on other people's problems INSTEAD of our own! It hurt my feelings when someone pointed that out to me, but it was so true. When I first joined, I tried to save everybody and I ended up NOT focusing on my issues and getting let down by others. I love your sweet, caring spirit. You are truly special and we all love you! Hope everyone is out enjoying their day and looking forward to hearing all about it. Love, Vicki
                            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nestlings!

Well I'm awake and still blah! but its the monthly pain & hormones..and this one feels like a doozy! Otherwise I am okay.Have hotpack on tummy as I type, wee chicks are having bottles on the couch & watching Dora,hubby is 'marching' and not under my feet at the moment,and I am chugging coffee number 1!

What am I grateful for? Well...
                              1. my beautiful miracles, my daughters!
                              2. a loving Mum & sister
                              3. a hubby who is 'trying' a lot more these days
                              4. a good job
                              5. a relatively comfortable existance/living/home etc
                              6. a cool holiday in August to look forward to
                              7. some good,close girlfriends
                              8. MWO-of course!
                              9. my desire to be af even if I'm not there yet!
                              10. I live in a free country,so I can have/do all this..thanks to the ANZACS!

oh, and 11. the existance of hotpacks!
                              To all Newbies, welcome pull up a twig and some velcro and settle in! This is the place I feel 'safe'..you can too!
                              To all Oldies, you make it the cosey Nest that I love and cherish!Thanks folks,for always being here....it does feel like home!
                              Chook (going before she starts to blubber all over keyboard and make everyone violently ill):h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunni-
                                "Tranq... I keep missing you since you're out 'til all hours of the night, these days!"

Uh oh! Feel like I'm on candid camera. Got home at 2am (sober of course), taking care of business with the gf (wink). Had to be up again at seven-thirty to take care of some less interesting business. I was trying to read and post a couple hours ago but slipped off into a well deserved, blissful little nap. Now I'm ready to rock again - Dinner, then an evening on the couch with a movie and a nice lady.

Mama-
                                "Mama and Papa Bear are not hungover, not arguing, (even made whoopy"

Thanks for the update mb!

papmom-
                                "Maybe someday i"ll find something similar and then you can come visit and walk the doggies and enjoy the tranquility."

Thanks for not using my name in vain!

sobs-
                                "the euphoria was awesome, wasn't it? Wish we could live in that state all the time! But we grow during the difficult times in our lives!"

Hi sobs. I was recently reading something that says the euphoria seems to recede when that state just turns into normal feelings. That's when it's time to take it to the next level of euphoria. I like that thought.

Be very good to yourselves everyone! Al isn't in that category.

Hi to all the new nest-critters. Welcome, and join in the insanity.

Hi Chooks! Hope mom is okay.

Luvya Lav!

Take care all!
                                tw
                                Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Working...
                                X