No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all - well new car in garage - new to me! Really don't like having a car payment, or even buying cars - but did it without commiserating or celebrating!
    There is a restaurant that I go to when we go out with work that has a wonderful AF menu, and one of my favorite drinks - "Melograno"
    fresh orange, pomegranate, lemon, ginger - it is delicious!
    Just - introvert here too - I needed the fortitude to even be able to go out and socialize - I am pretty much a hermit socially now, need to work out how to overcome that!
    Rainy day here, maybe will catch up on some odd jobs....maybe not
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar;[URL="tel:1691192"
      1691192[/URL]]Hi, Nest. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I did a ton of yardwork yesterday and my hands hurt too much to type . I've posted my thoughts on day one here: https://www.mywayout.org/community/ju...html#post81176
      Is this in The Tool Box, NS? It should be! A beautiful post. B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

NS what an amazing post ... I've just bumped it

Comment

Well, a quick shopping trip to pick up a birthday gift for son's GF turned into a five-hour shopping spree! How lucky am I to hang out with my college boy who is home for the weekend, and unhung, to boot!!!

Have a good night nestees.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Yo nesters,

Tony, AF drinks - ginger beer (gotta make sure it's non al these days if ordering in a bar). San pelligrino limonata for when i'm with a classy chick.

Stick with ditching the fags Justme. Good job! The body goes through remarkable changes in the first 7 days. I read about and focused on such changes when i stopped which helped spur me along.

Marvellous work Jvo!

Big waves to all. Day 79. I ain't never going back.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Well it's just after midnight...so it's Monday...so it's the 31st October...so it's Halloween... so it's Byrdlady's birthday!

Happy birthday Byrdie - may it be all treats and no tricks for you today :thumbsup:

Comment

Really? Byrdie's Byrd-day? Happy, happy day friend!!

Tony, the drink I love has a ginger beer base (non-AF of course), and a strawberry purée added, possibly lime? It's sweet, spicy and tart- explodes of flavor in my mouth. And it's so pretty. I actually look so forward to this drink, almost as much as I used to look forward to a drinks . It was so fun to just say, " I like the non-booze drinks, where have they gone?

I have been noticing that more is being said about alcohol being destructive. I've seen articles about it causing cancer, and relationship problems. There was an article in Family Circle that made me mad though because the author was talking about how many women have problem drinking husbands. Well, many families have problem drinking women too. It was generalized, but it is still nice to see more in the press deamonizing alcohol instead of glorifying; step in the right dorection!

JustMe, good job with losing the smoking! Just keep thinking how much better your health and energy will be! Eyes on the prize!

G, good to see you. Keep keepin' on!

JVO, it warms my heart when I see communities helping each other. We need more arttention to these events. Contrary to how politicians can come a cross, I think there is so much positive and good in the world! We just have to choose to focus on it!

Congrats on the new car SL! I'll be in the same boat soon. The payments suck, but it sure feels nice to ride on new wheels!

Happy Halloween! Dumb question, but is it celebrated as anywhere other than the US?

Have a good night!
                Last edited by KENSHO; October 30, 2016, 11:01 PM.
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, All:

Byrdie - I'll celebrate now AND tomorrow. Happy Byrdie Two Ewes (did you ever see that card??) xo

I am a barrel of emotions these days. Up. Down. Up. Down. I know this about myself, and I go through phases, but I am tired of the yo-yo effect right now. My husband always wants to ask what is wrong and to try to make me feel better, but I honestly can't pinpoint what is making me feel blech. And then I feel fine. The good thing about being sober through it - I don't try to compensate with booze only to feel worse for longer. This, too, shall pass.

Sad to say but Halloween is a big adult drinking day here. There is a large party in a flat residential area, and several houses have kegs and bars for the adults. I am sorry to say that I loved it when I was drinking - it seems so twisted to me now. I like staying home in my dark house on the hillside now. Booh humbug! I LOVE the costume part, and that's what I like about working at a school - we get the fun without the weird stuff that happens at night.

Andrea - these people know what they're talking about. For those of you in the US, let me translate Ava's quit date: 12/1/13. That is December 1. A crazy day to quit. I know, as my date is 12/2/13. There is NO good day. Just rip that bandaid off and get on with your life. It is SO FREEING! Also, Thanksgiving weekend was my last drinking streak - a miserable four days - I have taken to calling it the Thanksgiving Massacre. I, too, have a big, crazy drinking family and never thought I could get through without drinking. It turns out it is much better, and I can leave when I want.

Happy Sober Sunday, Nest.

Pav

Comment

:love::flowerspop::celebrate:Happy B-day Byrdie!!

Comment

Happy birthday Ms. Byrdy!

Have a bonza day! :upsidedown::rara::bouncy:

Pav, you've been flat out like a lizard drinking for months. Might have something to do with your ups and downs?

All good here. Layin down some tracks man.....

P.S. Kensho, forgot to mention. Folks are celebrating halloween here in Oz more and more. Never used to when i was a lad, but it's growing these days.
                      Last edited by Guitarista; October 31, 2016, 02:54 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you all for the AF drinks suggestions

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                        Tony, the drink I love has a ginger beer base (non-AF of course), and a strawberry purée added, possibly lime? It's sweet, spicy and tart- explodes of flavor in my mouth. And it's so pretty. I actually look so forward to this drink, almost as much as I used to look forward to a drinks . It was so fun to just say, " I like the non-booze drinks, where have they gone?
                        I sort of second-guessed this when you said it yesterday, Kensho, and experimented last night but with raspberries. I crushed them in a conical sieve and gently poured the ginger-beer through...it tasted great but needed something added so I'll try adding a touch of lime tonight...and I'll also try it with strawberries...It was VERY pink!!!

Comment

Happy Halloween,

Pav, it's like that everywhere! More adult parties than kiddie ones. On Halloween in our neighborhood, the adults walk the children around, and almost all have a beer in their hand or something alcoholic in a cup. But then again, they probably only drink one or two. That would set me off on a binge as it always has. Hope you feel better.

Kensho, I like that...Keep focused on the good in life. We have a lot, and we have to choose to see it.

Happy Birthday, Byrdie! Have a great day.

Stay safe on this Halloween.
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Happy birthday Byrdie!
                            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Happy Birthday my dear friend!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Oh my gosh, thank you all so much, my fellow Halloweeners! I am so thankful for this place and for my sobriety and I could NOT have done it without MWO. Of all the gifts I have ever recieved, sobriety is the best. THANK YOU for the warm wishes, almost takes the sting out of the RO-BO call I have to do this afternoon, UGG!

Have a great day, we are going next door for a byrd day dinner with the neighbors so that will be fun. Last year, I was the only one who dressed up, so that was a little awkward.....Hugs to all and THANK YOU!!! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X