Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all....quick check-in!
    Just had my whole family in for breakfast. Heading for my swim and so excited because baby is coming to join me in the pool....can't wait!
    The joy of being sober!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Morning Nest! Quick check in from me too. Had a much better sleep last night.
      Also saw my therapist last evening and had a good session. Today I have a banquet to go to where there will be lots of drinking. I plan to go late, leave early, spend time with the non-drinkers (there are several!) and enjoy the wonderful food and non-al beverages. I'm actually quite excited to go and be sober. Last year I was a total slob at this event so it will feel good to show my sober side.
      Will check in later!
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Good Morning, Nesters.
        Making some cookies today, so hopeful the sugar gods will be with me!
        Hope everyone has an easy day. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Just me, that's a tough situation. There are so many situations in life we don't want to be a part of, but I can see you want to be there for your children and I'm sure they'd want you there.

Mario, when you're ready to share, we're ready to listen! This is how we learn and become stronger in recovery.

Goin for a pedicure today. Leaving for Florida on Friday with Dad. Well, after work, we're driving to VA, then staying over night. Getting on a train the next day (put dad's car on it) and we will be in Orlando Sunday morning. Then we'll drive three hours to his house. This will be the first time opening the house and Mom won't be with us. I'm sad, as I'm still hurting from missing her so much. But I'm grateful I can be with Dad to help him get through this very difficult time. 53 years with someone you love, and all of a sudden they're not there? I'll need to go through Mom's stuff, the last of it. While I was there a lot last year, we did a lot of cleaning out (with her) as she couldn't wear certain clothes anymore. It's gonna be hard. There will be a lot of crying. But I will not drink at my emotions and sadness. I will feel them. I will be posting and reading and asking for support. Thank you in advance.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi all
            4 weeks, one month tomorrow. So happy about that.
            It's nice to eat well and exercise and NOT think about what to drink- wine? Beer?
            Or how much to buy to make sure it's "enough" and I won't risk going out to get more.
            There's a lot of non-productive time wasting that goes with excessive drinking, nut just the drinking itself.
            Preparation, and of course the inevitable resulting "clean-up" which has w WIDE range of possibilities. From apologizing to someone to waking up with a fracture.
            The very definition of insanity. No thanks

Comment

Hi all - still here, though not posting much!
              Sorry about your friend Ava - there but for the grace of God...
              Daisy, welcome back - I am back too!
              Got 5 mins today as I wait for the exterminator to rid me of my rat problem!! No need to drink about sharing my home with a rat is there!!
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Good morning friends! Hope you are all doing well. Day three, and I'm very optimistic. I went on You Tube and listened to Michael Sealey's hypnotherapy recording. I'm going to try to utilize everything that I can find on here! Thanks for your support...I don't feel so alone in this battle!
                Hope :h

Comment

Good Day all,
                  I'm now on Day 17 and feeling great. I haven't been able to post as my internet is via satellite and we have been having some crazy storms. I hope everyone is doing well.
                  Sky

Comment

Hi everyone!

Day 13

Slept like a log...
                    My jeans fit like a glove again..
                    My eyes are shiny and the whites clear...
                    My appetite has regulated...
                    I feel relaxed and happy (and proud of myself)

Do I miss the poison? NO!!!!!!
                    AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We had a nice day here, sunny & seasonally chilly

Ann, great on your AF month tomorrow, yay! Yes, our efforts are well worth it as you are already beginning to see.

j-vo, wishing you & your Dad a peaceful trip to Florida. I hope all of it goes smoothly for you.

Congrats to everyone working their plans & achieving their goals!
                      Just keep doing that

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone just popping in on the first day of my second sober week! Off to bed now as its past my bedtime, i will check back in later today
                        One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Great job everyone.

Day 92 here. Some thoughts yesterday of turning my back on society and going to live on a beach in a shack somewhere. Sounds good, but my thoughts included boozing. And i'd be boozing my life away. Today is a better day, and my thoughts today are to live on a beach in a bigger sort of shack, but sober, awake, alive, sharp, bright eyed, dynamic, vital, chilled, relaxed, looking gooood, and doing things i like, such as find and be with a missus, make music, have a boat, keep connected with community and contributing something useful. 92 days sober is a good effort, but i see that i must maintain the focus on the why, the purpose, the reasons i am living sober. Aside from that, things are pretty damn good.

Have a gr8 weekend out there. Ticket to boozeville cancelled through lack of interest.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Sounds as though everyone is doing well. Keep it up, gang.

Took it easy today. Was feeling a bit down in the dumps. Very emotional, as this upcoming week will be stressful at work and then going to Florida with dad will be hard. I'm doing what I do well, and that's worry about the future. This is the kind of thing that gets me into trouble. I need to think about today.

Good for turning your little shack into a bigger one, G.

Have a good night all.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Thanks Lav. Saturday night sober is great,and Sunday morning's clear head is too.
                              Drinking sucks up so much energy.its amazing how much can be accomplished without it.
                              I have a feeling that my daughter is wondering what's up, but I'm sure she is very glad.

Hey G- I got a uke this week. Fun

Ann C

Comment

Hi Nest

I did N.O.T.H.I.N.G yesterday. And it was great. Ate a lot and watched movies.
                                Planted some seedlings. Peppers came up. Waiting to see if strawberries and gooseberries will do the same. Plants are therapy to me.

Mr. G - A shack on a beach far away from people sounds great! I have the same idea to move to the west coast of South Africa when I retire. Very few people around there. Desert next to the ocean. Will make it work!

Today I want to tackle some paperwork. Personal admin. I let it slide for many years. It is a big thing to me to get a grip on it again. The last few years I gave up on it. Think because it symbolizes control and I felt like I had none.
                                It would be great to show myself that I care enough for myself to sort this out.

Happy, sober, Sunday everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X