No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great posts as always. Thank you. Well, don't mean to talk about my situation as this is a drinking site, but I have to. We don't have tv access, nor do we have wifi. Thankful for cellular data! We won't have anything until tomorrow. Yes, it feels as though we're in the stone ages. I won't get into the gory details, but I'm gonna post and turn my cellular off so I don't use so much.

Anyhow, we're getting ready for dinner. Pasta with garlic and olive oil. At least we have electricity and gas. Amen.

Just checking in and hope everyone has a good night with their wifi.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Sounds like Monday has been good for everyone

j-vo, I hope your Dad settles in soon, for his sake & yours too.

Welcome back Minstar! Glad to see you & I wish you the best! Get yourself a good plan & stay close.

Roobs, Congrats on 7 AF days, yay!!
      It's a mighty good feeling, I remember.

LS, you seem to be sailing thru & I am happy for you as well

Madon, it's takes a while but you will realize that we are lucky when we finally understand that we don't HAVE to drink to enjoy life. Being 100% clear & present is a gift we give ourselves & those around us.

Sending wishes for a safe & cozy night in the nest for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Calling all MoonShiners....we need you for a Salute. Ready?
        :butt:
        Here's to Roobs! Great job on those 7 days! No cracks from us, those first 7 are a pain, and now they are behind you! We are so proud of you!!! Keep it rolling!
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Howdy all! Big congrats ROOBS!! way to go!! JVO, thank you for sharing. I admire your raw, honest approach and so commend your commitment not to drink. You are getting stronger. Even if it doesn't feel that way.

I'm hanging in here. Honestly, I've had the urge to drink, but I'm not. No one's giving me fkack. And I'll be up early tomorrow going to Pilates, they will feel terrible.

G, Stick around! No checking out after 100, you hear?
          Last edited by KENSHO; November 21, 2016, 11:30 PM.
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi everyone,
            Thank you for good cheers on 7 days.
            J-Vo although you're going through a very sad time, I hope you and you're dad are able to enjoy small moments together. Not to mention moments you'll actually remember and treasure.

Well, there it was tonight, BAM, out of nowhere the thought of al entered my brain. Not a real craving but a fleeting thought. I let it go and stuffed my face with a good dinner. I feel so much better now.
            I think I will go to bed early tonight.
            Good night nesters.

Comment

Congrats on 7 days, Roobs!

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post

G, Stick around! No checking out after 100, you hear?
                Yes Ma'am! I mean no Ma'am, i mean yip! Thanks Kensho. Yeah, checking out after a couple months AF has been an annoying routine of mine the last few years. I believe i will be sticking it out from now on.

Welcome back Minstar. How's day 1 going? Roobs, huge achievement on 7 days off the poison.

Jvo. You Rawk. That is all. Hope your dad's doing ok.

100 days sober -

Just a short note my friends. I've noticed physical changes around 7 days, 21 days, 90 days ish, but at around 90 + the physical shape and form has morphed a little. Er, for the better in my eyes at least. Clearer thought, and much more inner peace and less prone to turmoil from outside and inside. Calmer head and noticeably more joy in me little heart, or at least able to express joy.

There is just about zero fear, anxiety, sadness, feelings of hopelessness or depressive moods. Uncertainty has become irrelevant as i embrace more an attitude and philosophy of....'whatever will be will be'. Stress has become rare, and when it does come, it's ok. I examine it and deal with the cause.

The biggest difference is the peace. With inner peace that i find comes with living sober, a general regular happiness somehow is mostly the underlying feeling.

I reckon i'm starting to put 2 and 2 together. Take it easy and kick some arse in your own way nesters. Ooroo.

YouTube
                Last edited by Guitarista; November 22, 2016, 12:24 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista,
                  Your post says it all. Just lovely.
                  goodjob::goodjob::sohappy:

Comment

Hi folks, this place is getting busy which is great. Well done to everyone here who shares what there going through,it gives encouragement and strength to us all.

When I finally stopped, I mean finally ..I just surrendered ,I gave into the everyday battle of the will I or won't I drink,the broken promises and the guilt. I surrendered to the alcohol beast and said yep you have won I now accept I cannot drink, I cannot control you, You have won this battle, I surrender .

But it did not win the war, as what kicked in was a determination to kick this horrible disease out of my life, a life that it did so much to destroy and me letting it do so. And now mr addiction who is laughing now ?? ... We can all do this there is a way out, keep moving forward folks.
                    Last edited by mario; November 22, 2016, 05:56 AM.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Evening nesters

Great post G. I feel that sense of peace now and its a great place to be, i dont need al to help me solve my problems which it never ever did. Its lovely to wake up every morning and feel good even if i have had a crap nights sleep. Life just feels good.

J, it sounds like you are enjoying your time with your dad, lucky you. You probably both need some time to be together and it will be precious for both of you even with no milk in the coffee, blah!

LC get back on here posting please, it worries me when relative newbies dont regularly post. This is your support and you cant lose if you hang around here.

Today i went to the dermatologists and looks like i may have something wrong with my immune system. When i drank i had these sores that would not heal and it was a big factor in me stopping drinking, well that and the shakes daily and anxiety and an endless list of other things. Seems it was not my drinking as three years later i still get them. Finally the drs listened when i said i wanted to know what they were so a couple of biopsies later i hopefully get the results next week. I thought to myself that if i had done this when drinking i would have had to drink to cope with all of those thoughts of doom and gloom of what was the matter with me. Now i ate chocolate and drank tea. My best moment was when they asked if i drank and i replied with NO.

Hi to everyone

take care x
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi everyone..... Back again.
                        Well, I have made a move.....not AA as I said, but I am now waiting on an appointment with an addiction counsellor. I spoke to them today and the girl was so nice.
                        Came clean to my mum about everything 2 days ago.....cried for help. She said she will come with me and was really supportive.
                        The relief I feel is unbelievable....I actually don't care if my family and friends know as long as I am sober.
                        I know I needed to do something different.
                        Still continuing with my gym/swim regime......my sister is coming with me......going every night at drinking time.
                        Just fell apart on Sunday night and can't take any more if living the way I have been.
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Morning all,
                          Welcome back Minstar!
                          Congrats everyone on racking up the days!
                          I am on day 18 today! Wow!
                          I am so grateful for the peace in my heart.
                          Daisy, good on you for taking these steps! I did the same. Therapy, guided meditation and hypnosis, reiki, journaling, etc. I need to heal from my physical and emotional scars which is helping me tremendously with my sobriety. Now I feel like being sober is taking care of the broken version of me and I treat myself with love and care. Cooking, cleaning, skin care, sleeping, taking time in the mornings for just me, etc.
                          flew the in-laws out on Sunday. So sad to see them go!
                          Now we have the house to ourselves but they left a special feeling here in our home.
                          I am off to get ready for work now. Will check in later all you lovelies!
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning,

Today we should get our cable on and hopefully the wifi. A neighbor was here yesterday and when he was trying to get the cable fixed, something happened to the wifi.

I'm going to start going through mom's stuff today. I hate to do this, but I have to start. It hurts. Dad and I had a nice dinner last night, and talked a lot.

Ava, I hope all is ok with the tests. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Daisy, so glad you're back. I think you've made the right choice in seeing a counselor and talking to your mom. I think what you've done is surrendered to the beast and now you can get the help you need.

I'll check back later. Have a good day.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Thanks J-vo and Nursie....I feel that way....given in! And about time. I am determined to do what I have to. My mum has been so good.....little did I know.
                              My daughter is so happy today.....they just want me to be happy again.
                              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hey all!
                                Thanks for the welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                                X