No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post and words friend Kensho, and great work on handling your family time so well.

It really warms me little ol heart to see you back here and hear your positivity Jvo. Bloody marvellous.

Lav, hope YB is ok. Sheesh, i haven't had my appendix out yet!....or tonsils!

Big waves and a big fat chubby cheeks style smile with dimples to everyone.

Day 108! It's never too late.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Kensho,isn't it crazy how when we're not drinking we observe people who are, not in a judgemental way of course but just noticing how alcohol changes people and the situation going on? Glad you had a nice tripMadonna,congrats on day 23 yeah the nest is reminding me of how is was a few years ago, hopping! That's why I hardly posted cuz I couldn't figure out how to read back for the longest time and by the time I got caught up they were onto new subjects, Mr.G congrats on 108 days! J-vo,I loved reading your post this morning cuz I feel like your spark is back and that makes me happy, hope everyone is enjoying their day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening all,

At 16 days AF I'm still feeling super tired & not getting as much as I like done, but it's a worthwhile reason as whilst drinking although I could function quite well - I think I was most times running on fumes & not really putting my all in - just scraping by & trying to keep the chaos from spilling over! I am noticing I'm alot less anxious which is really nice ☺

ThirdTimesACharm, so pleased for your 50 days & that you are enjoying sobriety so much. It was really heartening to read how your time AF has changed your outlook on life so much for the better & how happy you are, Thank you for sharing ☺
        LC, I agree, what happens to us when young can affect us in adult life with how we respond & deal with the world, not always positively. It's not easy letting go of strategies that have kept us feeling safe but I take heart from the belief that we are in control in the here & now, with the choices we make & can overcome & learn from challenges that lie ahead ☺
        Ava, Thank you, I'm so grateful for the support here & know I wouldn't have achieved it otherwise ☺ I can relate to the 'angst' you describe - it can be exhausting being around drama but I hope it goes well x
        Mario, so true, Thank you.
        Pauly, hope you'd fun decorating! My two are 5 & 10, so can't imagine the uncharted territory you're in! Hope she'll be ok & not stick around too long x
        J-vo & SL, good to see you both & sounding so good. Looking after yourself & keeping routine is a great plan , hope you had a busy Monday ☺
        Vervill, Roobs, G, Daisy hope your all good? Byrdie, hope your not working too hard? Lav, thinking of you & your husband x
        Madonmehndi - congratulations on 23 days AF ☺
        Kensho, that sounds like a hectic night, though it was really good you got through & glad you're feeling so positive, Thank you for sharing ☺
        Hope you are feeling ok today action girl?

Wishing all a safe & sober Monday
        LS
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wildflower.
        Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
        And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Congrats on 16 days LS Madon,sorry stupid spell check changed your name to Madonna haha

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Monday Nesters,

Great to read everyone's reports & piling on those AF days

I thought I would have my patient home in time for dinner but his discharge is on hold. He managed to spike a fever 22 hours post op. This brings back memories of when he had gall bladder surgery several years ago, did the same thing. So he's spending another night in the hospital, getting more IV antibiotics & cultures done on everything ~ sigh.
            Kensho, my dad was well over 70 when his appendix went, surprised me back then. You do usually think of it being a younger person issue.

Grateful for the clear head & the ability to deal with all this without fear & anxiety. Our AF'ness is truly a gift to ourselves
            Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pauly, spell-check is my worst enema.

Yes, it was a very busy day, after 4 days off, I was buried in piles of emails.
              I had a GREAT Thanksgiving, I hated to see it end. Got my Christmas decorations up on Friday, Pauly I used to do it drunk also, started in the moring since it was a holiday. What an awful cycle that was ...
              3T, great work on those 50 days. Over these almost 6 years sober, I have a wonderful sense of accomplishment because I have redone many of the crappy jobs I also did over the past 30 years! I finally organized my pictures that I had piled in a drawer. I put my old VCR tapes on DVD's. Went thru the attic. Did all those thankless things that stick in the back of your mind and create restlessness, at least in me. My 'one of these days' finally came and its a good feeling to get those things done.
              Congrats to everyone for making it thru Thanksgiving! GREAT job!!!! We are all in this together! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Quick check in for me. So good to see everyone doing so well. And those who aren't, stay here with us! We have been there and we will help you through.
                I used to not come on after a slip. I would just disappear sometimes and then I missed out on the support and advice when I needed it most!
                Day 24 for me today. Feeling pretty good I must say.
                I'm getting a lot more stuff done as well. Energy is top notch.
                Taking pride in my home, decorating, cooking, mothering, wifing, (I think I made that up) and self caring!
                I couldn't do it without you guys.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Good evening all,
                  So much I want to say but so very tired. I'm grateful that this thread is hopping. I feel like the stars aligned and I landed it this great nest of people helping and supporting each other . I read a little bit of another thread and it was so nasty. No thank you, I'm staying right here.
                  Huge hugs to everyone. Good night.:love:
                  Roobs.

Comment

Morning Nesters,
                    checking in quickly on my way out the door to work.
                    I woke up feeling sad and then quite angry at the decisions my b.f. has made the past 2 weeks. It's changing the course of my life. But I realize that I don't have any control over what he decides to do.. all I can do is look forward and continue to create the life I want to have. In my heart I know that in the long run this is all for the best. I just have to be patient with mourning time which is normal after spending 10 years with someone.. even if it hasn't been a cake walk!:happy2:

I knew that stopping by the Nest and reading for a few minutes would pull me out a bit.. and it has. So thank you, all. I'm also so happy to have this place hopping with everyone working on their own plan, together, for a better life.. We only have one, right?
                    Will be back this evening.. until then, :hug:

Comment

Morning nesters, Nice lovely sunny morning here after one week of torrential rain, anyway its great to see the Nest being kept busy with people sharing there thoughts and experiences, no matter what, as that is one of the secrets in battling this addiction, Sharing with others of a like minded person.

In continuing our journey we have to put our sobriety & ourselves first above everything & everyone else,When we clear our own fog we can then help others through theres. have a great day everyone, Thank you.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Lifechange, you are so right about this life we have. This isn't a dress rehersal, this is the one and only!
                        I was reading SoCali's posts this morning on another thread. He/She wrote, 'I hope after 1 month, 1 year, 5 years this gets easier' (I'm paraphrasing) Let me ASSURE YOU, it does! If it stayed as difficult as those first 7 days it would never happen for anyone! Yes, there are times throughout recovery that a moment hits and it seems like 'what's the harm?' but that's when we rely on the tools and people we have in place to pull us through. Notice that even with all her AF time, LAV checks in every single day. So do I. It is important to be with people who have the same thought patterns as we do....so we know what to do when a trigger hits....and we know what NOT to do. Trust me, as busy as my new job has kept me, it would be EASY to let this go and use that time to work (instead of working 11 hours, maybe I could only work 10.5) In the grand scheme of things, what is more important? My sobriety is, without a doubt, without that, everything else crumbles. I'm as busy as the next person, but I have my priorities!
                        Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                          Congrats on 16 days LS Madon,sorry stupid spell check changed your name to Madonna haha
                          Ha ha, wish I had called myself that now, I am a big 80s fan!!
                          One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Hello Nesters, Madon,I only noticed it later when I read back haha,Roobs,I agree that at least it's safe here in the nest, I wish someone was moderating the forum at least sometimes cuz some of those threads are ridiculous and mean! I try to just ignore but when they pop up human nature makes me take a peek and then I regret it, I like peace, not spending my time arguing, who wants to live like that? Byrdie, I've said it before and I'm saying it again that I appreciate you and all of the other long time sober peeps for sticking around slept horribly last night, up/down up/down work should be interesting, wishing everyone a peaceful AF Day

Comment

LC, SL, Lav,:hug:
                              3T, man, I can relate to this, - almost two full decades of half-finished shitty jobs started halfheartedly and partially finished while angry-drunk.
                              I made a list yesterday, only partial of all the things I need to get done in my life, and around the house. I got so overwhelmed and wanted a drink.
                              Then I stopped, took a good hard look, and realized, only very few things really NEEDED to get done. That helped a lot. As with drinking,
                              One day at a time.
                              Peace to all, V

Comment

Originally posted by madonmehndi View Post
                                Ha ha, wish I had called myself that now, I am a big 80s fan!!
                                From now on you are Madonna!
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X