No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONGRATULATIONS Ava and Pav! You two are such an inspiration. Thank you forr sharing your journey and continuing to support the rest of us.

:goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

Oh, and let's not forget to eat the ice cream in your honor

Comment

Hello lovely Nesters!

Ava! Congratulations on 3 years of sobriety. You have been such an inspiration and source of support with your honest and thoughtful posts. Thank you so much for sticking around, checking in each and every day to show us all the possibilities! Love and hugs to you..

Lav, I hope you got some sleep and that your husband makes it home today.. I can imagine he's growing rather tired of hospital food..

J-vo, so good to have you here and back on track, feeling strong and positive. Love how you mentioned being well into your sobriety upon retiring.. that's really something to look forward to and work towards!

So many great posts here, everyone sharing their struggles and accomplishments, helping, supporting each other to reach goals and to live one day at a time. I'm happy it's the 1st of December.. I'd like to have a low stress, happy Advent/pre- Christmas time.
        Off to the gym and then going to bake some banana bread. Mmmmm..

:hug:to you all!

Comment

Even nesters

Thank you fall for your congratulations. If i can go from two bottles a day, 7 days a week with a few extras thrown in on weekends as i deserved it to absolutely nothing for three years then anyone can. I have not drank around 2,200 bottles of wine in that time.

I can say it has not been easy, ive been through a lot in these three years and i could have killed for a drink now and again but i know deep inside my heart and soul that if i ever have that one drink i will kill myself and i so dont want to die. I know i have so much to live for, i have a deep respect and love for myself that i never had before. I have started things that i would never have done if i had drank, i sleep better, i eat better and i am content with my life and appreciate all i have. I have grown emotionally and matured into my 52 year old self, i have shown i have strength and courage in doing something i never thought possible by giving up my ex best friend al. I have been very selfish in regards to sobriety and have become my number one priority with regards to what i want in life, i would not have had a life if i had of kept on drinking. My children would not have had a mother and they are grateful and proud of me.

Looking back i didnt have a plan as such, i was just so tired of myself and my life and how i was here but not wanting or caring if i was. I do have 4 beautiful children that have always been my world and in my lucid moments i wanted to be there for them, i wanted to see them married, children and happy and i had to stop drinking to have that. I didnt want to do that at all but i gave it a shot. As i will always say being on MWO and around fellow alkies helped me to realise i wasnt alone and i didnt have to be. I still have mwo open on my laptop 24/7, i still read every morning with a cup of tea and its the last thing i do at night even when i am not home. MWO and the people in it gave me my three years of living life sober. Sure i could go off here now and live happily but why should or would i when being on here keeps me accountable and i have such wonderful cyber friends who are always around.

Well happily now i will go and feed the dogs and do that normal stuff. My mother is visiting tomorrow, it will be a difficult few days but thats life. I love her and cant change her, we can only change ourselves.

Take care x
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

j-vo, welcome back officially you know you can do this, get yourself a plan,Toolbox is a great place to start.

Nursie bad dreams are common even naked ones but be careful of guitar carrying Australians .

Paulywog, Roobs, your doing fine , Taking this one day at a time has helped me now to deal with this addiction,opened my awareness and giving me more strength to fight.

Struggles, I to do lots & lots of reading on our addictions, its really very interesting & beats some of the so called true life's reading out there, recommend it for all.

actiongirl, hi hope you doing ok,

Nosugar, what you wrote is so me, viscous circle that I had to get out of.

Kensho, Its great you can see through this fog/cloud, it sure puts things in perspective & we can deal with our problems in a much better place.

Scottish lass,I hate mosquitos to, for such a small creature they are so loud.

Mr G your a gas man, great to see you still here :-)

Pavati, so true also in what you saying,

lost soul. hope your doing ok,

byrdlady, what can one say to you that not has already being said. thank you.

Struggles,dont worry about your quitting times before its now that counts, keep chking in it can be done,

Lavands hope hubby gets out & well soon, have a nice sleep.

Lifechange, enjoy yourself at the gym, and yes it is great to see the posts here.

Available, Huge congratulations in reaching 3 years clean, fantastic achievement , well done , love the last of your post, saying...You cant change your mother you can only change yourself, have a great day and I really hope you enjoy it.

Hope I didn't leave anyone out :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

A huge congrats to Ava and Pav! Let's all learn from them and do this thing! A little late here, so I'll catch up later.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Congratulations Ava and Pavi! You ladies raaawk!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ava and Pav!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning nesters,

Last night I had a few moments when I thought, "Wait, what am I doing, why am I doing this, I'm not so bad." I have to keep reminding myself that one romantic glass of wine doesn't exist for me. My brain is wired to keep guzzling until it's gone. I'm not sure I've ever"enjoyed" a glass of wine, you know the ones people post out on the balcony watching the sunset. What a bunch of bs.

Every morning I wake up with renewed strength and motivation along with a delicious cup of coffee. Reading through everyone's posts and posting myself helps me set the tone and intention of the day. I did not reach out to others or use MWO effectively in the past so this time around I am committing to all of you to check in everyday!
                    Have a great af day everyone!

Comment

Morning nesters, wanted to say congrats to Ava and Pav for 3 years,you two are both wonderful human beings and I'm happy for you and happy you're here Roobs,I'm lucky in a way I guess cuz I know how bad I am,those romantic people on the balcony is all bullshit for people like us,those people at a bbq with a beer in there hand you see in commercials? Again b.s.I'd go to a bbq already drunk, get druker and say screw the food! Every scenario with al is a wreck with me,everyone sounds great, let's keep the momentum going and not mess with it! Nobody wants to start their time clock over again, have a wonderful AF Thursday.. this week flew btw
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi! Checking in. 3 years!!! SO DANG HAPPY FOR PAV AND AVA! Thank you both for sharing your journey and wisdom along the way. Here's a Buddhist symbol for inner peace for you both.

peace.jpg

I'm here at day 112. Got a cold - feeling crummy. But I managed to show my son a very happy 11th birthday yesterday. He's such a special kid and I'm so glad I'm not drinking his years away. I would never forgive myself. I poured my mom and step-dad some wine and it was so easy for me to say "Here you go," and not associate myself with it at all. That's not me anymore, and every day that passes, that becomes easier and more natural. They did have to drink crappy cooking wine that comes in small containers though - he he! I love that I love not drinking. :heartbeat:

Please everyone, keep in mind that you can reach this place too. And at some point, it will be very clear to you that you will never go back. It just gets too good. Like Ava said, the emotional maturity that comes with actually dealing with life is priceless. I am tasting it and wish that for anyone. It's a cop out to drink life away, but it's also a shame because we miss so much. The real gifts come when we experience all that life has to offer.
                        Last edited by KENSHO; December 1, 2016, 11:33 AM.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good morning all.
                          Many congrats to the sober twins - little envy here, but will challenge that towards getting stronger in my determination!.
                          Good to see all being strong and forward moving, even those having crappy days!
                          Tomorrow is Friday - yippee, looking forward to nice nights sleep with fresh waking up and all due to no drinking!
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi, All:

CONGRATULATIONS, AVA!!! You are in inspiration and your funny, honest and thoughtful posts have kept me going. You have shown with grace and humor that life continues to be life, sober or not, but that we don't need alcohol to get through it.

Roobs - you hit the nail on the head for me. Even when I controlled my drinking, I don't think I EVER wanted just one drink. I found it so weird that people would actually leave a half glass of wine on the table. What the heck? I NEVER left booze in a glass or bottle as long as I could help it. I used to joke about having to learn to control my drinking so I wouldn't have to stop. Well, I never did that - I believe I was doomed from the start.

Lav - Sorry about your husband. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I have had some challenging times with my teenager these last few months - nothing impossible, but I am SO thankful that I have been sober and present to be here for him instead of escaping into a drink every night. SO happy to be sober.

Happy Thursday, All. I'll be back to celebrate my 3 years tomorrow!

Pav

Comment

Pav and Ava,

Meeting you two has been one of the many good things that has come from this experience. You're so different from one another - proof that this can happen to anyone anywhere in the world - and you had different approaches to getting free. Pav, you read all the nerdy articles and links I posted and Ava refused to open them :haha:. You and I were private about our recoveries and Ava told the world. You solicited help from a counselor while Ava, like I, relied on MWO. The point is, there are many ways out. Each of us just needs to figure out what we need to reclaim the lives we want and deserve.

You're the only quit-buddies I know who are still sober and still here after 3 years. Your posts help people behind and ahead of you. Thanks for sticking around, supporting each other and the rest of us. xx, NS

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post

You're the only quit-buddies I know who are still sober and still here after 3 years. Your posts help people behind and ahead of you. Thanks for sticking around, supporting each other and the rest of us. xx, NS
                                Me and Kensho have a date to meet here at 200 days sober. Right big buddy?

i second, third or fifth all that has been said here about Ava and Pav. i love you both and think youse are just grouse. Your posts are always interesting and positive regardless of what's happening in your lives. Thanks for sticking around.

Now nesters, come in a little closer. no no, closer than that. c'mon, gather 'round. Now listen.......................the WEEKEND AIN'T NO TICKET TO BOOZEVILLE K?! K.

Whew! i need a little lay down. Friday morning here so it must be Day 111, but i never been one fo' countin'. Go with the good feeling thoughts and ditch the others. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X