Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all...........Today is a new day!! I am buckled in. I am velcroed in. I am committed.
    I haven't been able to read all the posts from this weekend but will catch up later. I am ready to be happy again and to be who I want to be.

Welcome newbies.....hello oldies....and middlies (is that a word?) :H
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;843478 wrote: ok coco
      spill....what happened on your birthday??
      I got home from work and hubs had purchased several bottles of my favorite wine, plus had a pitcher of martinis all made and the glasses chilling in the freezer. I didn't stand a chance.

So back to square one... But, as I always like to commit to something on a momentous day of some sort (quit smoking the first day of the new millenium but that would be quite a wait) my birthday will have to do!

Any word on the interview yet? (I'm still waiting, too...)
      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone, its a bitter sweet morning on my end.

Last day in British Columbia, seems just it was just yesterday I got here (November 28th) Oh well time to move on and start another chapter in my life. I'll be on the road all week visiting a old friend in Red Deer, Hopefully I can behave myself.

Hope everyone has a good start to there week!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy monday ya'll!

Made it through weekend number 4 AF and going strong. My one and only temptation came on Saturday when I was at my sister's house for a BBQ, my brother-in-law offered me a beer (they don't know I'm going AF) but I simply said "Nah, I'm on a diet"...and that was that! Needless to say I proceeded to fill my plate with food (and seconds!), but they didn't seem to notice. LOL

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and here's to the last week of April being AF!

xoxo
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a great, positive post K-9!!! LOVE IT! WELL DONE!

Busted.. good luck with your move. I know that bitter sweet feeling well But, there will be new, exciting and wonderful things waiting for you at your destination - and you will always have the memories of BC.

Coco.. happy belated 29th (?) Birthday! It's a new day, new year of your life... onwards and upwards!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;843589 wrote: Morning all...........Today is a new day!! I am buckled in. I am velcroed in. I am committed.
              I haven't been able to read all the posts from this weekend but will catch up later. I am ready to be happy again and to be who I want to be.

Welcome newbies.....hello oldies....and middlies (is that a word?) :H

Way to:applaud::applaud: go NoraC!!! I am right there with you

runningwind
              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco...I hope you had wild monkey sex for your birthday!!
                Good on you K9...maybe I need some antabuse!!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;843716 wrote: Coco...I hope you had wild monkey sex for your birthday!!
                  Good on you K9...maybe I need some antabuse!!!!
                  WILD MONKEY SEX?????
                  I'm starting to get a very strange image of PapaBear.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Trust me....I have a VERY vivid imagination....that"s all!!!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Night, Nesters. See you all tomorrow for Day 1 of OverIt's 30-day challenge!
                      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

Day 3 today.. I have my velcro fastened to my butt and my seatbelt on.. determined not to slip off my branch this time..
                        Sorry don't have time to read everything.. my son is keeping me busy this morning.. but lets have a great AF day today.. love you all,
                        Katie xxx
                        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in

Hi Katie - I'm there with you. Day 3.

I'm off to work now so haven't time to read much - so much has been happening in the nest while I was asleep! Have to try to catch up tonight.

A good thing is I have that resolve back that I had in January. Must be Lavanitude rubbing off. Thanks Lav.

I never want to numb myself with al ever again. I have learnt also that even if I manage to have just one drink at some time, that still sets me up for a whole lot more later on - just seems to pave the way. So al is not in the equation any more.

Will definitely be needing that butt velcroe and the seat belt and all of you. Thank you all so much and have a great day/night.
                          Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening All,

Dancingon: sincere apologies for voicing a negative assumption about your experience.
                            Mazzie, KatieB, Chook, mollyka, Liverbirdy and Hippy Chick thank you for the welcome and your suggestions and concerns to my wee hours postings.
                            Lavande: I hear you.
                            Sunshine I am trying to download the book right now.
                            Anyone: I would like to simply pay by CC and provide my email address. I'm not sure why they would require a shipping address and phone number to do this. Can someone explain this to me or tell me what I may be doing wrong?:new:

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Ringing...

Hmm.. I can't remember whether I put in mailing address/phone number.. although you usually have to provide a billing address for your cc, no? Hope you figure it out or someone else can help. Good luck.. and it really is a great read, you'll enjoy it!

Mazzie, good to see you... and great news on the Lavanitude! Imagine if she could bottle and sell it.. she'd be one rich chick!!! :H

Night night Coco.. and Hey Katie! Feeling better today?

Nora, good to have you back 'ready to be happy again and to be who I want to be'!
                              And you too, Running So, who's all in on the 30 day challenge?

Months and months ago we ended up with probably 15 people joining, it was awesome and almost all of us made it! There is strength in numbers, for sure!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'd like to join but I'm afraid to let myself down.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X