No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day in the bag! Another 48 hours and these horrible physical symptoms should be gone i hope. I keep apologizing to my body for putting it through this. I hope it accepts my apology.

Comment

Good morning nesters, very busy morning here for me as I head back to Portugal. Its nice to check in here and see how everyone is getting on, In this roller coaster journey we go through to get to our destination. So all aboard & join the train to a better life, see you all in a few days, take care :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi,

I'm "new" here. Actually, I was a member of this forum when it began and I learned to moderate. Being part of a large and vibrant community helped. Now, 20 years later, I'm drinking again due to extreme stress. I'm hoping that MWO can work a second miracle!

Liliane

Comment

Safe home Mario.

Hi Liliane. Welcome!

Here's a link to our toolbox. a very useful read.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Nesters!
            Quick accountability fly-by for me.. off to go swimming with my youngest. I will swim laps until I feel like I can't anymore! Looking forward.
            Jkm, super well done last night. I've PROMISED myself to do just as you did the next time a craving or thought to drink comes in my head. Nip it in the bud.. stating my specific plan of action and not letting anything get in the way of it.

Welcome, Liliane!! Good to have you here.

See you all in a bit..

Comment

Good morning all. Day 3

Comment

Good morning,
                Just a quick check in. Getting back to the grind this week and so very tired.

Welcome liliane.
                Roobs

Comment

JK you are doing it friend!

Day 59 for me!! I will have to post in roll call when I get a minute. Off to work now. Have a great day everyone!
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello nesters,Jkm,awesome on day 3 i had headaches for a couple of weeks after quitting,those base of the skull ones that ache,another missing is J-vo or maybe I'm just missing her posts? Not much to report here,its dark and cloudy but no rain expected, looks kinda like nap weather but of course I hafta work, wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

LS & LC - I agree with others who have said that everyone contributes just by showing up and posting here. I feel that sites like this and journeys like the ones we're all on have a natural ebb and flow to them. Here in the nest we see many people flow between times where they need more and times where they give more (or both at the same time!). Personally, I get a certain "energy" just from checking into the nest and seeing two pages of posts that are new since my last login.

Kensho - great suggestions for parts of a plan - all very concrete steps that can really help maintain a quit, especially during those early days and the temptations that pop up later in the journey. Glad you enjoyed the reggae concert - sounds fun!

Nar - I've seen it before, but today part of your signature really jumped out at me. I'm referring to the quote at the bottom about having the life that you want or drinking - two very different choices and paths. I actually found myself processing this very decision last night - I chose and still choose the life I want!

Nursie, Pauly, Byrdie & Pav - That's really tragic that Nursie's friend ended 13 years of sobriety over a part-time job. I can speak to how it feels to drink after such a long quit. I didn't drink for about 10 years - from 2001 to 2011. I had such a good strong quit going - I didn't even drink through some incredibly challenging times during those years (actually, the whole 10 years were challenging). When my dog died in early 2011, my dog who had gotten me through all of the other hard times, it was just one death/loss too many and it put me over the edge. I started drinking and almost immediately fell into my old patterns. It took 3 years before I quit again in 2014 (that's when I came here the first time). It might not be the same for everyone, but in my case I went from a 10-year quit to disordered drinking patterns within a matter of days.
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

I can speak to how it feels to drink after such a long quit. I didn't drink for about 10 years - from 2001 to 2011
                        So what happened during that time, Wags?? That was pretty much my "lost decade" :upset: . The worst part actually was after 2006 when the nest had emptied, my husband almost died, my best friend did die, a longtime friend betrayed me, and I simply checked out. Anyway, I'm glad you're here and back on the sober track. :heart: NS

Comment

Hi All. Nice snowy day here. I've cranked the heat because I seem to be somewhat cold intolerant these days! Never been a problem of mine before.

I was feeling unusually restless yesterday. Couldn't put a finger on it at all, so I actually wrote some more poetry and decided that I didn't have to "do" anything about it - just feel it. And I feel better today. Here's what I wrote:
                          I’m going out of my mind
                          My insides are splitting free from my old skin
                          The new me is fresh and wanting
                          but for what I don’t know.
                          Restless and unfocused, my radar
                          is searching for something fulfilling.
                          I used to numb this sensation.
                          But I will embrace and endure and describe
                          this wicked drive forward to new.
                          1-2-17

Anyhow, back to the grind. I've made a list and slotted times to get those things done so I stay on track. Very busy two weeks ahead for me. Not sure when I will get that spa day scheduled G... I may just have to slam it into my schedule or another year will go by.

Happy Tuesday everyone.
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi All:

Quick check in today - back to the grind here, too.

Welcome back, Lianne.

Wags - I am SURE I would go back to my old ways. I am grateful to still have the memory of how bad I felt and how afraid I was - NEVER want to go back there again.

J-Vo, I'm looking for you, too. Hope you are ok.

Pav

Comment

Hi Nesters!

Kensho, I really like your poem.. thank you for sharing. Are you writing every day? I've never tried to write poetry and it just occurred to me that it could be a good distraction for me to try and write what I'm feeling in a different form..a good distraction until I get so frustrated that I start hitting my head against the table!:happy2:

Nursie, looking forward to celebrating 60 days with you tomorrow! Very exciting.. will you do something to celebrate?

I'm also missing J-vo and wondering where she is..?

I'm back to work tomorrow and not really looking forward to it yet.. I've so enjoyed moving at a slower pace and will have to figure out how to fit everything in without completely overwhelming myself. I'm afraid I might have to cut back on Netflix. ha! It would be about time.
                              I'm going to have to be very diligent and will have to check myself closely when I'm back in the real world.. mostly not to slide back into back into bad habits without thinking. I need to keep my sobriety in the forefront, remind myself each morning of my purpose.

Big shout out and hugs to all you lovely people..

Comment

morning nest

Quick check in for me. Day 2 at work and i am not having fun as yet.

Yes Nar i have a village idiot of a boss and he has not changed but a positive is that i have so i dont put up with him anymore. I am counting the days till i can leave with a bonus at the end. My patients make up for the painful people i work with.

Wow 10 years and 13 years of sobriety! This is the reason i check in here daily after 3 years. Wags i cant imagine your pain with the "last straw of your fur baby dying". My girl has seen me through the worst of my drinking and the best of my non drinking. She is old and has heart failure but she is still my best friend. You are here and back and sober that is what counts now.

Welcome Liliane and settle in with us. You wont find a finer bunch of ex drinkers than us.

Well off to the salt mines i go. Take care x
                                Last edited by available; January 3, 2017, 02:36 PM.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X