No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting outdoors is the ticket i reckon LS. If i couldn't get out for my daily run or swim i'd go crazy. In fact i almost do if i haven't got out into nature for a couple of days. A big part of my recovery/discovery. My sobriety and running are the foundations for my sanity and peace of mind. So i get a run and another sober day in every day. From this foundation, i leap confidently without fear into the unknown. I'm off for a run now. have a gr8 night. :llama:
    Last edited by Guitarista; January 7, 2017, 06:37 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good Saturday evening Nesters,

Brrr, it is cold & snowy here in Lav-land today! Looks like the real winter has finally arrived!

Jane, CONGRATS on 3 years AF :welldone:
      I hope you continue to feel better & have a great year ahead!

LS, my husband is healed, thanks for asking. It's takes some extra time to get over things like that when you are grandparent aged, ha ha!
      Glad you are doing so well.

Ann, practicing detachment right now will ease the hurt you're feeling with your daughter. I know this from personal experience. Have you ever read 'Let Go Now: Embracing Detachment' by Karen Casey? That book helped me quite a bit. Don't punish yourself for the behavior of another, please.

LC, packing & throwing away unneeded stuff can be very therapeutic
      Glad to hear you are making progress.

SL, did you get your rain yet?

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. Yes, I am sitting by the fire again ~ spoiled, ha ha.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Nesters!!
        Sorry I was off a little bit. My friend was just diagnosed with breast cancer and I was helping her manage her appointments and also watching get two little ones.
        I forgot how busy toddlers can be!
        I am so greatful that I am sober to be there for her and her family during this time.

Haven't read back yet. I hope all is well. I miss everyone.

Oh, I had another one of those dreams last night!! I was on vacation with another family and they were setting up everything. They said that they were getting drinks ready and I said yes. Then I said oh no I forgot I don't drink!!!! Haha
        Then another part was they were passing around a tray of lemonade and only 3 lemonades were alcoholic. So the "winners" who randomly received the alcoholic version got some kind of prize. I was so afraid to get the alcohol one that I left and went shopping. Hahahaha
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Sorry about your friend, Nursie.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi peeps. Writing from phone quickly. Up in the woods with 4 ladies... they are drunk now and dumbfounded that I am not drinking. Having a great time though, laughing my butt off and being silly - without alcohol. It really has happened that I can enjoy life and socializing and sharing myself without booze. I enjoy it all so much more. Drinking is beginning to feel foreign. I could never have handled this situation early in my quit, but it is like drinking and me just aren't in the same sentence any more. So much is better. PAV & Pauly, I don't put up with shit any more either. ANN, so cool that you are playing guitar. My dad gave me his old Gibson and I have promised myself I'll learn to play sometime. Such a satisfying thing to strum strings.

Mighty night Nest; keep working toward sobriety, it is worth every struggle.
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Jane - Congratulations on THREE YEARS!!! Wishing you continued healing, happiness and sobriety. You're an inspiration. Hugs - ML
              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Happy Sunday, Nesters!

Snow here, finally, and everyone is going nuts! Love it!

Jane, Big Congratulations on 3 years.. such an accomplishment. I hope you found nice ways to celebrate!

Nursie, Strength to you during this time of helping your friend.. she's very fortunate to have you..:hug:

I'm off to pack some more then going to the movies with the girls.. unfortunately my ex is coming home today so i'm anticipating a bit of stress. I have so enjoyed being on my own! Can't wait for February..

Will check in again later.
                xx

Comment

Jane Super Congrats on 3 years! #GOALS!! What wonderful news that is.

Kensho, sounds like you are fully integrated into sober life I know I can get there too with time and work. This gives me much to look forward to.

Today I'm housecleaning and I have a therapy appointment at 7pm.
                  I made a fantastic cabbage soup yesterday that is to die for.
                  I'm working a bit on eating cleaner and healthier, but even at over two months sober this is a
                  Slippery slope. It is more important to be sober than to lose weight but I am still simply trying to make better choices and eat lots of healthy foods.
                  Anyway, the kids are up already! So much for coffee time and perusing the Internet. Haha
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi nesters, just checking in here, just back home after the Christmas/Newyear break, Its nice to be back here on MWO it gives me an injection of positivity.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Jane!
                      NO WAY! Let me sit down.....3 years? Holy cow! This is an incredible feat! You are in rare air! Enjoy it my dear! It was a good day when you decided to flush AL!
                      :toilet:
                      So proud of you!!! How is Red, the wunder dog?
                      Nursie, tough times for your friend she is so lucky to have you!
                      Ann, thinking of you!
                      Hang in everyone IT IS WORTH IT!
                      Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good morning,
                        First, thanks for all of your thoughts. Second, I am coming back, even though I failed again. Needless to say, it's been a rough few weeks. Issues with my son. He's had a bad breakup with GF, and this is his first ever. He lost a lot of weight and he's not a big kid. Went to pick him up at school yesterday and he's staying home until tonight. He's starting a medication, and will go to counseling.

So as I counseled him for the last three weeks, I realized I was telling him everything I know on how to get better. Tools he should use, gratitude box, and the list goes on and on. I learned most of it right here. I don't want to see him like this. It kills me. But I know how he can get better if he just listens...What? Yes, if I just listen, use the tools, I can get better, too. Gosh, I talked till I was blue in the face, and it was like I was talking to myself in the mirror. I don't want him to hurt, and I don't want to hurt. I don't want him to lose anymore weight, and well...I want to lose weight to be healthy. I don't want him to suffer with his thoughts, and I don't want to either. He's a worthy, loving, kind, smart, kid. Hey, something tells me this is, too, familiar. I'm back. I'm here to stay. I can't look at the past, but grow from it (just as I told him). I can't keep reliving the things I think I did wrong or did wrong, but move on with what I know are better choices. I know what they are. Saw on FB, "we are not given a good or bad life, we are given a life. We make the choice whether it'll be good or bad." Thank you Nest.
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

J-vo - Glad to see you back. Sorry you've had so many challenges these past several weeks - I'm sure it's felt overwhelming at times. You already know all the right things to do for yourself - you mentioned many of them in your post - now tuck yourself back in tight and add a piece to your plan that brings you here or otherwise interrupts if you find yourself edging toward drinking again. Hugs to you and your son. You're doing a great job supporting him and guiding him through heartbreak. :hug:

Nursie - So sorry to hear about your friend, but glad to hear you're able to be there for her. She's gonna need friends like you.

Jane - Huge congrats on 3 years!!! :yay:

Hope everyone has a great day/evening!!!
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hello nesters,J-vo great to see you and I'm sorry you hafta watch your son go through such heartache when are kids are in pain,we're in pain,just a quick hello from me today,sinus pressure from the weather makes me tired,foggy and my eyes get buggy trying to read,wishing us all a peaceful AF day
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone,

Just a quick check in for me. Glad you're back Jvo. Our own hearts break so easily for our kids don't they. Of course they need to go through their own life experiences but I swear it's hard not to let mamma bear come out whoop anyone who hurts or Cubs. It's also so much harder for kids now days with social media in your face, 24/7! Down right depressing.
                              I came down with the cruddy chest cold yesterday. My lungs and chest are on fire. 'm going to try and take it easy today. Have a great AF day everyone.
                              Roobs

Comment

Good MAE Nest,

J-Vo - Welcome back. So sorry about your son. And Nursie, your friend. Helping those I love is SO MUCH EASIER when I am sober. I can be present at all times, not to mention the fact that I can be a driver at any time of day/night. It is hard to have empathy and feel the burdens of those we love so intensely.

Sweet Jane! Happy Sober Birthday! I have a vivid memory of your walks to the end of the block when you first quit, and a photo of your shadow that you posted. I have been very glad to be on this sober trip with you. I hope you are healing from your accident and celebrating your anniversary. You go, girl.

That outside healing - I am with you on that one. I NEED the fresh air and exercise which is why having this crud is so hard for me. I think I'll bundle up today and get out in the rain and wind for a bit.

Kensho - I know that feeling of being the sober one among drunk friends. I LOVE being silly and weird. I went away for a weekend with some family members and it wasn't until the third day that most of them realized I hadn't been drinking. AND I felt so much better than they did after the weekend!

I'm off to do some chores and get outdoors. Hah. I rhymed. Happy Sober Sunday, nest. Take good care of yourselves and don't drink, no matter what!

Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X