Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    Hey Pauly & Roobs - sorry your feeling under the weather, hope you guys feel better soon :heartbeat:
    JVo, lovely to see you back x I slipped myself over Christmas & am back to day 10. I think it would be easy to see, being a member of MWOF for 7years and an alkie for 10+ years, only being 10 days AF as failure for me. But truly believe my relapses are part of my recovery & hopefully can learn from them & will add to a stronger quit longterm. Thoughts to both yourself & your son at this hard time xx
    Nursie, that's so sad - I hope she responds well to treatment x
    G man, I think you have the right idea - sobriety and healthy lifestyle habits both together are so important. I read Cymru's 'dry drunk' thread sometimes & it reminds me how important the whole picture is, I miss him here & hope he's ok x
    Thank you all for your support & help x
    Wishing all a safe and sober Sunday
    LS
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wildflower.
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Hi nest peeps!

JVo good to see you back, sorry to hear about your sons troubles ((hugs))

Nursie sorry about your friend, I have a friend who had it just less than 3 years ago and she is completely clear now so hope that will be the outcome for your friend ((hugs))

I have had a good day today, DS had a friend over so I was spared playing Nerf wars etc... LOL Managed to get my ironing done and a bit of cleaning and prepped Beef Stifado in the slow cooker for tomorrow - get me all domesticated and organised unlike the old (drinking) times!!

I have been watching documentaries on you tube and found a few good ones and just watched a really sad one about a guy who lost his wife to alcoholism, really made me think about what can happen!! YouTube

Hope everyone is having a lovely chilled evening
      Last edited by madonmehndi; January 8, 2017, 04:33 PM.
      One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

morning nesters

Another sick person here. I remember when being sick was an excuse to drink. God i could not even contemplate that now, i feel awful, could not deal with feeling awfuller!

J, glad to have you back. I remember with my son that i was taking him to a counsellor for his ICE addiction and each time i went with him i hoped that he would not bring up my drinking. Here i was trying to help his addiction and i had one of my own. Thankfully both of us are clean and sober. Lucky for your son he has a wonderful mum.

Happy 3 years Jane, you go to show that life can throw us whatever it does and we can still get through it sober. Huge hugs from afar. xx

Take care x
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi all.
          Kensho - that was a nice post to read - I look forward to those days!

J-vo, glad to have you back.

Lav - rain wasn't as bad as anticipated yesterday, but more today. Yosemite has been closed and evacuated! Reno is starting to close schools tomorrow as the Truckee river is supposed to rise above flood stage. It is warm, and wet - so the snow is supposed to melt and the rivers not able to deal with it.

Spoke to Mum and Dad today - Dad is sleeping most of the time, Mum thinks this is a sign that he is ready for the big sleep - they both sounded low today

Having a quiet day today ...hope everyone stays safe...
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL, prayers for you and your parents. It''s so hard when you know it's coming. Too fresh in my mind and I find myself thinking of her in that bed and the mask on 24/7 towards the end. I know these memories will fade and I'll remember all the good. I have those thoughts of her all the time, too, I imagine her calling my name, talking with her...it has to be super hard not being there with them. :hug:

Thank you all for the welcome back. I know what I need to do, and I'm here to do it.

Just got back from taking son back to school. When he got out of the car, I felt that sadness in my heart...the way I felt when I left him at daycare when he was four and he would stand at the glass window and cry as I drove off to work. Same feeling, 15 years later. Our kids will always be our babies. It was a day of talking more, taking a break, and more of the same. I asked him if the talking helped, and he said temporarily. Well, that's a start. We'll just keep doing it until it's permanent. On our drive back tonight, he said losing her felt like breaking from an addiction. Well, I don't know of any addictions he's had and made me think...but it was a good analogy and we talked about that. He's used to counting and depending on her and vice versa, missing her all the time, and no, he doesn't have a choice as she wants to be independent. I can't blame her, I just hate his hurt. So we must break through two different addictions.

Congrats on your three years Jane!

Have a good night. Day one almost done. I can rhyme, too, Pav!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Extremely cold today but no additional snow so that's good.

J-vo, glad to see you back.
              Sorry your son is still hurting. He will be OK & so will you ~ keep the faith.

I hope everyone who is feeling under the weather today feels much better tomorrow :hug:

I had a nice visit from my daughter & her family. They brought girl scout cookies that my granddaughter is selling for the first time. She was so happy & excited So nice to see another generation of girls getting into scouting, good times!

Wishing everyone a safe & warm night in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Madonna, I just finished treatment for breast cancer last year and had reconstruction this year. I am hoping to help her navigate these scary waters! I remember what it was like and how it is still scary even now. Ugh. I pray for her.

We got a lot of housework done today. I'm pretty happy about it!!

Back to work tomorrow. Prepped a bunch of food so we don't have to buy lunch.
                Really trying to pinch our pennies so we can buy our own home and stop renting.
                Have a safe night in the nest!
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm sick in bed too. Was remembering being sick but wanting to be well enough so I could drink. :egad:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning Nesters!

I hope all of you dealing with sickness feel much better soon..:love: It's going around here, too, and I'm praying I don't get infected.

J-vo, so glad to have you back in the Nest. We all worry when a peep goes missing. You're such an important part of this community.. everyone here is.. and we've just got to stick together!! I'm very sorry to hear of your son's heartache. I've been going through the same thing (though not my first, so it is def. easier because i know it will pass) and in my opinion (at this point) dealing with that pain, the feelings that go along with being "left" is more difficult than not drinking. Of course, it does get better with time.. and it's really great, so helpful for him, that you can share coping strategies and "tools" for getting through it.. he knows that you truly understand how he's feeling.. :hug:

Everything is more or less ok here. Had a talk with my ex this morning because he asked me how I was feeling about everything. And though I don't want to be with him anymore and have accepted his new situation and truly hope he will be happy, I still feel hurt about HOW he has handled things the past few weeks. He's been a real d*** and even though I know that's how he handles uncomfortable situations (pushing away and ignoring) I can't pretend that everything is hunky dory.. so my weapon/protection for myself/way of healing is to be as open with him as I can be about how I really am. My natural/learned way of dealing would be (and has been) to shove everything down and pretend like it's all ok, not to show him my hurt or be vulnerable.. but I'm trying to re-learn to honestly lay it all out on the table if it helps me to move on. Which it does. And I'm always shocked that he seems surprised.. he's so out of touch. Doesn't at all seem to think about how I might feel..? But I'm trying to realize that that is his history and doesn't necessarily have so much to do with me directly.

Regardless.. this I KNOW for SURE.. I deal with my whole life 100+% better without the alcohol.. I can think things through, I have control over myself and can choose what I want to say and when, I don't feel desperate or as afraid, I know I can count on myself and take care of myself.. both of my girls are going through a difficult time with the move and with relationships with their father.. and it's so important that I am fully there for them, to help them to become independent and strong women. I feel and can see that it could go either way..they need my support more than ever before.. Thank God I'm on my way.
                    Thank all of you so much for being here..

Comment

Good morning nesters, All good in the hood here, Feeling very confident in myself for this new year in my personal goals and aspirations.

I find folks that when we find our way out that we must hold on with our two hands, no letting go for nothing. Nothing can or should get in the way of our recovery, It has to your priority in your life. You find your way out & everything else will fall into place, its actually hard to put it into words but it just happens.

Well done jane on your 3 years, fantastic achievement .

Have a good day folks, be safe.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good morning all!
                        J-Vo big hugs to you. Like LC said, we miss a peep when they are gone! I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your life so stick close ok?
                        LC- I deal with everything so much better without alcohol too. I often say "if i could do that many things drunk, imagine what I could do sober!" Watch out world, we are sober.
                        Headed to work on a cold Monday.
                        Monday's are fantastic and I love them so much.
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19
                        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

New year and new chance to get free of Al. Really hurt myself this time and just hoping that the body starts to recover after falling soo far!
                          I can make no promises except this one, today I really do not want to drink......hoping to feel the same way tomorrow etc............ Am reading like mad and seeing others struggle too is actually a help, because I know those on here that have weeks, months and years started where I am again.
                          ADP x
                          Last edited by ADP; January 9, 2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Hello nesters,and welcome ADP LS,can you bump that "dry drunk" thread? I don't think I've ever read it,Nursie,so sorry about your friend,luckily she has you who's been through it to lean on though my sinuses are fine today,its only when its cloudy outside they get a heavy pressure feeling, hubs was talking to me last night and all of a sudden I had the worst dizzy spell and had to lay down for a sec,weird,also is anyone else having post holiday blues? I feel weepy,bitchy,sad,tired,etc on and off,I think that's part of why I was a Grinch during Christmas, in a defense mechanism I didn't want to enjoy it too much cuz I knew I'd be dealing with this ugly feeling come January, it always happens, just keeping my head held high and powering through reorganizing my bedroom will help too,I hate the way my house is laid out cuz I can't move furniture around like I've always loved to do,to many closet doors,bathroom doors,windows blocking the area,grrr,anyhoo,wishing everyone a peaceful, productive AF day
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
                              A very warm welcome, ADP, nice to have you here. It's sad drinking troubles affect us all but there is a great source of comfort & support in the knowledge you are not alone in your struggles x
                              Pauly, Cymru's thread is here, I hope link works x https://www.mywayout.org/community/ge...tml#post595975 I will bump too x
                              Doing homework & dinner so hopefully will pop in later,
                              Get well wishes & chicken soup all round x
                              LS
                              To see a world in a grain of sand
                              And a heaven in a wildflower.
                              Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                              And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Hi all

Thanks Lav-I'll check out that book. Sounds like a good idea.
                                I resent the hell out of my ex-spouse as well; he offers his big ideas and opinions, but he is not the one doing this heavy lifting.
                                There is no drinking my way out of this. I know that for sure. Time for Antabuse today--I think getting into a resentment rut is a big trigger for me. I'm back to my exercise so that is a huge help.
                                I think moving out of the townhouse I'm in will be a big help. When I found it I was in a bit of a rush to get a bigger place because of them, and it is not worth what I'm paying. That is compared to what I could have in this area. So again-I will have to manage another damn move in May. Some days I could just scream.

Ann Carolina

Comment

Working...
                                X