Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wohboy-Congrats on day 5! At day 5 I started feeling alot better. Have you been to the toolbox yet? It's in the monthly abstainers, first thread. There is lots of good stuff in there. On the first page there's an article on Urge Surfing and on the last page there's another one On Coping with Cravings. Those have really helped me.

The weather-we have been slammed with rain and 50 mph winds the last 2 days and today the temp dropped to below freezing so all that water can freeze. But we didn't get hit as bad as you folks in Texas. Glad to hear you ..er..weathered the storm.:H
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All
      Just to say hello and goodbye really, working 12 hour shift today and next few days tired already. Hope everyone chirping
      Luv

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there--I am tempted

No, not by AL tonight, he does not live here now. Evicted. Kicked his sorry ass out. Worse--crawling around in the closet to get the suitcases and found a huge bag of Christmas chocolates forgotten about. Prettily wrapped and very festive, I might add. YUMMY. This one is a big fatty of almond covered in dark chocolate. Perhaps I might eat the whole bag myself????:H

Hubby out sporting with his Thursday night boys' club, usually my worst night but I am feeling good today. Plan to start the Antabuse tomorrow or Saturday (have to wait since I had wine Tuesday night).

Lilmea--we leave Saturday afternoon and should be sitting on the beach with Iced Tea by evening. Mmmm--I deserve this, I really do. Good food, warm weather, sun and surf, dancing and reading and hiking and relaxing. Feel free to be jealous---I always am at other people's vacations.

Wohboy--yay on 5 days.

Neuro--yep, understand the button pushing. My tactic is to "kill 'em with kindness." Seriously, I should win an Oscar for all the fake smiling and concern and friendliness I display.. Mostly it works. But even if it doesn't, it annoys the hell out of them :H

Alright--off to get busy. Hugs to all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

evenin' birdies....

how were your days? Jeston, welcome and all the best with your journey.
          Tired and stiff neck and headache ...fireside and dinner in ready to go in the oven. This is my wine time and boy do I feel like I need/desrve it. I poured myself a glass of water with lemon in a big fat Riedel wine glass. I CAN RELAX WITHOUT WINE.
          Looking forward to dinner and I bought some Edy's icecream for dessert. Something to look forward to. I know....i should cut down on sugar but.....eeegahd...i need something!
          breath...breath...
          I am going to focus on where I want to go...forget the obsticle....focus on the destination.
          This is good. Thanks for listening.
          Whats up for the evening? Any good plans?
          a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys this is my first time here and I think that it is a very possitive step for me, I haven't had any alcohol now for 11 days and I feel like a different person even my wife and kids cant beleive the diffence in me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome trainer!! This is a great place...you'll love it!! Everyone is so supportive!!! Today was pretty good...ended the school day with Valentine's Day parties...(no school tomorrow...inservice day for us)...so that's always fun...other then that....I'm just washing clothes and packing tonight...my son and I are taking off for a short vacation to Florida for a few day of fun in the sun on Saturday...I can't wait...I'm sooo sick of snow!!! Hope everyone had a great day!!
              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
              7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello there...gonna have to log off early....in fact, think I need to be the one tucked in tonight. Have a screamer of a headache since I left the dentist.....not supposed to take any aspirin or ibuprofen this week due to my colonoscopy on Monday.....have 17 hour shifts the next 2 days and can't feel the way I do now.....sooooo, guess what I'm saying is...I'm a mess tonight!!! Will miss you guys the next couple days....keep the nest a hoppin.....
                PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

PR - consider yourself tucked in. BX
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

night night

off to bed with this tired one...
                    day 5af. i did it. sigh........
                    who woulda thunk it.
                    this was a tough one.
                    much thanks to you...my fellow nesters...i did it with you. thanks for letting me share the flat.

yawn.....sleep well...and sweet dreams....
                    :l
                    a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Papa R, you sound in pain, hope it gets better

Up north, bless, killing them with kindness, well I might just try that tactic today! I bet I'll get a few funny looks....

Welcome trainer, everybody else, this bird gotta go crank and get some work done
                      Live your life in such a way that
                      when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
                      Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's finally Friday

Good morning, Nesters, and hope everyone had a great night. I did. kept busy so the cravings are small.

have a great day everyone and may you face the day with joy and strength.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome ftrainer!:welcome:
                          Welcome jetson!::welcome:
                          SDL, Have a great trip to FLA! I will try not to be jealous.
                          RENEWAL, Oh boy! I sure hope your headache went away. Sleep usually can get rid of them. Glad you got the dental work behind you. Give yourself as many breaks as you can at work, you poor baby!
                          BETTY, thanks for tucking the poor boy in.
                          WITHIN, that's fantastic: 5 days!:goodjob:
                          Hi, Neuro! I love your signature line.
                          UNG, You sound great!
                          WOHBOY, I am not a mudder anymore. I was when I was a kid. I used to love a good mud pie! And big rains meant big boots and sloshing through the mud!
                          All is well here! I am off to work in a bit. I am finally over the stomach virus. It hung on pretty much all week. Up side is I lost 4 lbs! Down side is, Mr. Dill caught it.
                          Hope you all have a great day!
                          LIL, I bet you'll be jumping on here soon, so HELLO to you! Looks like our weather has finally calmed down. Are you a Housier?
                          SS, I seem to be missing you these days. So, a quick HELLO to you, too!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning peeps,

Welcome Jetson and trainer-:welcome: The nest is a comfy place so grab a twig.

Ung-Looks like you get the gummy worm today.

Dill-Actually, I was born in Ohio. We moved to Indiana when I was one. Moved back to Oh. when I was 16 and lived in OH for 25 yrs. I moved back to Indiana about 15 yrs ago. does that make me a bucksier?

SD-Yes I am jealous of your vacation. I'm jealous of both you and UNG! You both have a great time.

Betty-Thanks for taking such good care of poor Papa R.

Within-You've made it over the hump. It does get better. Really

Neuro-Just keep smiling. It will drive them nuts.

Jamie and LTG-How are my double dare buddies doing?

Wooo! Papa R is going to have to add a room addition when he gets better.

Papa R :getwell:

to everyone who follows have a great day.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Did you know that eagles mate for life?

Well, one day Harry the eagle waited at the nest for Mary, his darling of 10 glorious years. After a while when she didn't return, he went looking and found her. She had been shot.
                              Dead! Harry was devastated, but after about six minutes of mourning he decided that he must get himself another mate, but since there weren't any lady eagles available he'd
                              have to cross the feather barrier.

So he flew off to find a new mate. He found a lovely dove and brought her back to the nest. The sex was good but all the dove would say is 'I am a DOVE, I want to love! I am a DOVE, I want to love!' Well this got on Harry's nerves so he kicked the dove out of the nest and flew off once more to find a mate.

He soon found a very sexy loon and brought her back to the nest. Again the sex was good but all the loon would say is, 'I am a LOON, I want to spoon! I am a LOON, I want to spoon!' So out with the loon.

Once more he flew off to find a mate. This time he found a gorgeous duck and he brought the duck back to the nest. This time the sex was great, but all the duck would say was.....

'I am a DRAKE you made a MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Now, what were YOU thinking??? Hm???
                              :H

Anyways, thought this was fitting for the nest... have a great Friday, everyone!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great! :H:H:H:H:H
                                Starting over again
                                ray:

Comment

Working...
                                X