No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds interesting, Rusty - wish I had HBO!

Comment

NS-You might be able to rent it or get it on Netflix.

Comment

Hello nesters,just a quickie from me to say hello and wish everyone a great AF day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Lovely People. Back from snowshoeing, and it was fun! SO much snow - and so cozy in the woods with only the sound of a crackling fire going to sleep (and some snoring…). It struck me how silent and still nature can be. We live such loud lives. All grown ups drank. It annoyed me. SO glad I wasn’t hungover. It’s getting easier to be around these friends and not feel nostalgic. The margarita place back into town made me long a bit - but for a numb, not the shit that goes along with alcohol addiction. I needed sleep and quiet time, not an alcohol buzz.

PAV, I love that your community does service around MLK Day - what a great idea! Talk about being a part of something bigger than ourselves. Love it.

LC, you sound good. REAL. I appreciate your honest posts, and you seem to be allowing yourself to be where you are, while looking forward to brighter days. I think that’s how its done, one foot in front of the other.

Byrdie, way to rally before that meeting with the boss. That’s some great last minute work. I also love hearing how you approach people who confront you about drinking. You have humorous, no-BS statements, thanks for the inspiration!

LostSoul, let me know when you figure out cloning - I’m in!

Daisy - so good to see you here, and way to go doing the hard work! I also think its such a shame to do nothing about the issues we realize we have, no matter what they are. Great job!

OverIT - glad you are doing well on your end. What’s working for you?

Nursie, great news that you are having a good time with your step-daughter! I think you were nervous about how that would work out, right? Its amazing what positive things come when all parties put forth effort to be healthier!!

Roobs, I totally agree about the exercise thing. We are having those conversations with my son now. It hurts getting in shape, but once you are there, it’s something you look forward to - a great boost! Trying to get back to it more, just watched a documentary about preventing alzheimers and exercise was a HUGE factor.

All generally good here. Feeling a little restless; having a mid-life “evaluation”. I am realizing that my youth is not a forever thing, and wondering if I’m using my time and health the way I would approve of in my older years. Is this career what I REALLY want to be doing? Why did I marry THIS man? I’m wanting more passion in my life.
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
            Sounds interesting, Rusty - wish I had HBO!
            Here's a you tube link, but not sure of the quality as i'm experiencing some buffering this end.

YouTube

Hi Pauly! Raawkin it friend Kensho!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi, All:

Checking in on Monday. Looks like coast cleanup is off. I'll have to carry my service over to another day as I have so much to do around here.

Kensho - LOVE that description of the silence. I hope I can get to the snow soon.

I made a cake that looked delicious in recipe and when I made it, but blech it doesn't taste good. Even my kids don't want any. More reason I don't bake...

Off to get stuff done.

Pav

Comment

GMAE all!

Pauly – Glad you found a possible culprit. Maybe I should try some chia seeds as my blood pressure can definitely use some lowering! Lol. I hope the dizzy spells get better.

Nursie – Good to hear that a positive relationship is developing between your stepdaughter and you. It seems you also have a partner now in healthy living. That’s great!

Roobs – Exercise is definitely in the cards. Missed today but 5:30 am tomorrow I’ll be texting with my brother to get each other moving!!

Kensho – I know just what you mean about the silence of nature. Makes you realize how noisy the world is, how ADHD it all is. I’m also familiar with the midlife itch (still scratching) but find for myself that the more I question the more questions I have. The best days are when I choose to be passionate about the life I’m living. If it’s all generally good then you’re doing something right! Why not some more of that?

Another long drive along the winding road of Harriman State Park amongst the bare trees and the forest blanketed with fallen leaves. The sun shines off the icy caps of the seven lakes with the mountains standing their silent watch as I pass by. Only the one runner out today, no cyclists though at the visitors center there was a line of cars a mile long parked by the roadside as the parking lot was full. Usually where I go to sit and listen to the stream laughing amongst the rocks and shut out the noise of the world.
                Still feeling exhausted. It took a few hours for the ZzzQuil to kick in last night again though I’ve had nights where I didn’t take it and those are worse. Some of it, of course, is from the coffee but … better coffee than al: will have to work in an evening meditation and improve my sleep hygiene. I was feeling some pressure on my frontal lobes and the bridge of my nose both last night as well as earlier though it seems to be less now, a little less foggy.

Have a great AF day.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Hi Nesters,
                  I'm checking in a bit too late and am dog tired with a mind full of wool..
                  Orimus, thanks for your description of the lovely place where you listen to the stream.. that and imagining Kensho's silence in the snow quieted me down. I feel like I've had a full on, in your face sort of day and will also do a short meditation before heading to bed.

LS, I was also wondering on which planet you were gardening! Think we still have a couple of months to go, right? I only have a balcony but will plant it full of herbs this year..

I'm with you all on eating better and exercising more.. when I do those things, it definitely affects me positively.

ok, off to bed.. will get up earlier tomorrow for coffee and a check-in to the Nest.

Comment

Hello nesters!

LC, your mind is full of wool? Lol, I have never heard that before

My friend told me about the video Risky Drinking. It sounds really interesting. I might get HBO for a month to watch Risky Drinking, Game of Thrones and The Wire. I am going to have HBO butt!

I agree with many of you above- I love my coffee and am drinking it now.

Stay sober everyone- I am enjoying my time off.
                    xo
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi all, just checking in to say hi, not having a great day so don't want to drag the thread down! Hope you have all enjoyed a sober day xxx
                      One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Originally posted by madonmehndi View Post
                        Hi all, just checking in to say hi, not having a great day so don't want to drag the thread down! Hope you have all enjoyed a sober day xxx
                        Don't hesitate to post whatever you need here, without worry of dragging the thread down - since I've returned to mwof, the nest has been so supportive to me, (in spite of all my ups & downs & dispair!) Sending thoughts of strength to you :hug:
                        To see a world in a grain of sand
                        And a heaven in a wildflower.
                        Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                        And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Day 1 again, here. I guess I was a little too cocky thinking this was going to be easy this time. And what was I thinking cooking a chicken dish with Wine??? At least I bought a 4 pack of small bottles and drank 1 1/2 of them. I know there are still 2 more, but they are going out with the trash tonight.

It wasn't a lot, compared to the good 'ole (bad) days of downing shots of gin or vodka in the laundry room. This time, around Christmas I graduated to Scotch. I had to keep going out to buy more to replenish my husband's supply. I don't think he knows that I replaced his "15 year old" with a "10 year old". His taste buds are not as sophisticated as he thinks.

I do think that this time around he suspected my drinking as he said that some evenings I seemed "out of it". I have not admitted to him yet. I am just not there yet.

So I'll pull up a twig and hope I can help someone who might think they can drink again without a problem. It is such a slippery slope...

I really want to make this stick. There is enough going on in my life that I need to be present for and not sluggishly nursing a hangover.

Keep safe, y'all...and don't cook with wine...
                          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

I agree with LS,post, post no matter what's on your mind Madon, you never know if someone else is going through the same feelings or thoughts and were hesitant to post too,hope everything is going OK everyone sounds great,keep rockin and Rollin peeps

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Belle,glad you're back

Comment

Hi all,
                                Starting a new week, feeling fairly positive & upbeat, suprising? Had a tricky chat with my mum & dad last week following a mini drama that was both helpful & sad. My dad called a morning last week but I had been busy. I got back to him later in the day to hear one of their cats had passed away sadly (he'd called me to bury it) he also needed to bring two others to the vets so we did this the following day. Earlier in the year they had four cats left & since dad got ill 2 years ago they have relied on me to bring them to the vets when they ask & get cat litter/food & do litter boxes. I have been unhappy that in the last few months they have taken on another cat from a neighbour & have started feeding another stray & 'seagulls' (cans of dog food on the petshop list for the seagulls?!)On to the way to the vets I suggested to dad the recent 'extras' were unnecessary on top of what they have already & he just replied with 'whatever'. The vet visit was awful. One cat was suffering with terribly bad ingrowing nails & absesses & the other had to be put down. Dad broke down & I know partly because he felt guilty because he had ignored them being unwell for a while & the shock of the other dying the day before was why he acted. He also mentioned mum had called from the nursing home at 11pm the night before because a nurse had been nasty & closed her door & because she felt claustrophobic & couldn't cope - dad had to get a taxi in his pyjamas (as he can't get dressed unaided by a carer) to deal with it :sad:
                                After the vet visit we popped into see mum & I had a chat about the situation. I basically explained I couldn't help them with the cats anymore to which she replied coldly 'we don't ask for your help.' I went on to explain it was because I felt it was inconsiderate that they made the choice to take on more pets when they cannot manage the responsibility of the pets they already have without my help & that I felt that they were taking me & my help for granted. She just ignored me, we sat in silence for about 5 minutes then I said I was going. So that was that. Onward & upwards I guess.
                                Wishing all a safe & sober Monday
                                LS

LC, have to make do with indoor underwater gardening instead :happy2:
                                Attached Files
                                To see a world in a grain of sand
                                And a heaven in a wildflower.
                                Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                                And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X