Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening from Nursie,
    Checking in sober and sleepy. Went to doctor and therapy appointment today so that takes a lot of mental work. I was crying and crying and I didn't know why! Just feeling vulnerable for some reason. Glad I had my appointment and that I have such a loving therapist.
    LC I'm sorry my friend. I have been there, every single time until I wasn't. I think each quit does some kind of work, teaches some kind of lesson, and if we really want it, we will get there.
    Tony, I like your post. But for CERTAIN, we cannot go back to having one drink. That is the distinct thing that sets us apart from normal drinkers. We will never go back. If we do it is a death trap.

Byrdie, you have a lot of stories. I love how you always manage to share new things with us. I have known you for about 6 years and I never heard the hospital story!! I have, however, managed to drink while between chemo treatments. Bald. Sick. Drunk. Pathetic. Sooooo pathetic.

Well all, I'm leaving those days in the dust and coming up on 90 in just a few days!
    Hope everyone has a comfy night in the nest!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks Lav! I actually finished 5 days today, but as G says, who's counting?

Comment

Wow.
        Thanks to each and every one of you. Having your support, hearing your thoughts helped me so much yesterday..
        I wrapped the 4 sober weeks around myself (loved that!) and looked clearly at this experience. You are all right that we can learn from every mistake.. This was terrible. I bought a bottle of prosecco, arguing with myself the whole time, but wanting so badly to just feel lighter and happy and free from what felt like such a heavy burden. I knew that I was setting myself up for failure but at some point I just didn't care and turned my sane mind off. I drank that bottle and that's it. I knew not to buy more. I didn't drink enough to be very physically affected, but the mental torment/regret began almost immediately.. and then putting myself down for being so stupid and wondering how I would make it back here to admit it all. That night I could hardly sleep.. I couldn't quiet or calm my mind. I just prayed for the light of day. That compared to last night, being so grateful that I didn't drink, that I don't have to go down that path again, that I CAN cross to the other side of the street. I've never felt such a stark contrast, been able to see my 2 (there are only 2) choices so clearly. So even though I did "slip" having the 4 weeks prior helped me a lot..and this morning I'm not feeling doomed. I'm feeling like I know where I want to go and I will continue on in that direction. That blog is great, NS.. and especially that post did help me a lot.

Today we are moving my ex husband, the father of my kids, out of the flat we all used to live in together..then I will be able to begin renovating (it needs a TON of work!) to move in next weekend. It's a bit of a strange situation.. to move back into a space we shared so many years ago. But it's where the girls were born and have lived half time with him, it's a nice place to live and I think that with fresh paint and floors and cleaning and my things, I (we) can make it a place of my (our) own.

ok. I will check in this evening. I hope you all have a nice Saturday.
        Big hugs and thank you again for being here for me, for all of us.
        Last edited by lifechange; January 28, 2017, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Good morning nesters, Nice support & great advise been given out here. lovely & inspiring to read.

That's what's so great about coming here, it can be a road to peace & happiness & recovery , it means by coming here you are revering the way your life used to be, well done all & have a nice day.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Just a rushed fly-by to say that amazingly, thanks to all here, I have a full week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Now, where did I put week two??? :happy2:

Thanks all,
            Ax

Comment

Good morning nesters! Thanks for the amazing sharing. I'm reading avidly! Blessed Saturday. :thanks:

Comment

Well I guess technically Im a newb...LOL Changing my SN made me go from a senior member to a JR I better get busy
                Glad to be back with my second family :sohappy:
                Last dance with the devil 5/02/11

Comment

ADP, well done on those 7 days! Nest, are you ready to give that 2-cheeked salute that only WE can give? Ready, set...
                  :butt:
                  Your FULL MOON! Well done and getting that first week behind you! You'll get no cracks from us, those are the tough ones!
                  Happy Sattidy, everyone! Hope everyone has an easy day. Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, All:

Cowboy - that idea of willingness was new to me. It sounds so simple until I realized what it means to be absolutely willing in the search to quit alcohol. For me, it meant doing what people said I needed to do, even if I didn't want to do it, and even if I thought there was no way it would be helpful. Checking in every day. Adopting an attitude of gratitude. Coming up with a plan. Telling people around me to hold myself accountable. Those were all things I really didn't want to do or didn't believe in but I did them anyway because I was willing to accept that I didn't have all of the answers (this time). There are multiple ways out (I can tell you AA is not for me), but the idea of willingness must pervade them all.

SL - So sorry about your dad. I didn't know they could definitively diagnose Alzheimers (spelling)? I know there are lots of support groups - maybe your mom would join one?

Off to enjoy my Saturday. Delicious cup of coffee and no hangover. What a great way to start the day.

xo
                    Pav

Comment

Marthadan gets a moon too, Nesters, git yer drawers down agin!
                      :butt:
                      GREAT JOB on all the success we are having, keep up the great work!
                      Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post

If you really want to be sober, you can get, and stay sober! And by being here looking for help and support shows you’re willing to do whatever it takes. You may not like doing whatever it takes, but the point is that you are willing to. If you felt you’d never be able to do it, you’d be gone and never come back. You’d resign yourself to the fact that you’ll always be a drunk. But you’re here, you have hope, you haven’t given up on yourself. That, my friends, is the first step in finding lasting sobriety. The first step is always the toughest, and you’ve made that first step, now it’s just one foot in front of the other with no turning back….
                        Love this.........If you are here, you have not given up. Grab hold as tight as you can.
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello nesters,
                          Such great reading here! I'm checking in, I've had a few wobbly moments so I'm going through the the paces even though I don't feel like it. Willing. Thanks all!
                          Roobs.

Comment

Howdy ho y'all, always great reading in the Nest from beginners to old timers alike! Just a quick question, has anyone seen the movie "The Girl on the Train"? I just finished reading the book and wondered if the movie was just as good? It's a definite must for reading in my opinion!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Late check in for me. I had my daughter & her crew here today, great visit.

CONGRATS to ADP & Marthadan on 7 days AF :welldone:

LC, so glad you are OK & back on your plan.
                              Keep the faith going, keep the positive thinking going too!

Cowboy, I have not seen the movie but I would like to at some point

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cowboy, I haven't seen the movie but definitely enjoyed the book!

Comment

Working...
                                X