Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMAE all. Greetings from the bunker. :happy2:

Nursie - Maybe a financial planner might help if you haven't reached out to one?

j-vo - Happy belated. Glad you got to spend the day with your son. Glad the deep breathing has been helpful. I've been using deep breathing myself once an hour whether i need it or not just for a minute or two and find it quite helpful in calming.

LS - Sounds like a positive mind set and I'm glad to hear things are seeming a little brighter.

Mario - Your description of the function's aftermath reminded me of returning all the emptys in a big black garbage bag. The smell when you opened it could knock out a horse!

Neo - Welcome back on board.

Day 9 and I am dragging, been zoning out here and there. Haven't gotten more than three or four hours of sleep since day 2 until last night when I fell into bed completely spent. Going by good sleep hygiene go to bed before your exhausted. Have to start getting to bed before that crash.

Works thrown a few more hurdles at my feet to get the changes done that I want with the current system. I definitely like tinkering though trying not to keep hitting my head against the wall. Just relax, let it go and focus on the problems that are mine to solve otherwise it's just a fact of life to accept and work with.

Anyway, happy for another day as a non-drinker. Have a great AF Tuesday all.
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Morning everyone!
      I am looking for a job now since I lost my last one, which I hated by the way. It is so good not to have to wake up and go there everyday. What a relief!

I have to make sure and stay busy, I don't want my mind to start telling me I can drink. Happy belated birthday JVO xo, so nice to read your posts.

Ya Orimus, get some good sleep, that makes a big difference in your life. Definitely improves your mood.

Satz- it is hard not to drink Everywhere. Ireland must be tough but so is Mexico and Canada and Florida and...everywhere. Us alkies always find an excuse!

Have a great sober Tuesday everyone. Stay strong xo
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Howdy Nesties! Having a snotty day. Sneezing and dripping - YUCK! At least the body aches have subsided. I sat on the couch most of yesterday and watched movies. It felt nice to take care of myself. I think that's one of the biggest things I've gained with sobriety, is the awareness of what I need for myself, and the guts to do it. Need 10 minutes alone? Take it! Need to tell husband you are going to bed instead of helping clean up after Super Bowl party? Do it! Be polite, but do it. Need to lay on the couch all day? Take a bath? Run a personal errand? Sit in silence? Now, I find a way to do it, and I don't feel bad about it. Taking care of myself is empowering.

Mario, you describe it so well - the smell and "aftermath" - I don't miss that at all. I think it even begins the night before, when the buzz starts wearing off. That's when the regret began for me. I hate thinking back on it... the excitement of going to get that first drink of the night, the satisfaction of pouring it down my throat, and then chasing the high for a few more drinks (maybe 1-2 hours?). THEN, feeling irritable, wanting to go to bed, feeling sick and dizzy and regretting the first drink. Then a crappy night's sleep and waking up to the smell of the wine bottle. Suck a sickening reminder of what alcohol never did for me.

Going to place some orders and then take a bath. Ciao!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi J-vo. Hope you had a good b-day. I'm trying to simplify my life too. :happy2: Good luck Narilly
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Well, it's really not my birthday until Sunday, but thanks anyway!!

Glad you're doing well Orimus. We're on the same day. I think the breathing thing really helps, and I never thought about doing it in shorter increments but I do like that idea. Thanks.

As they say Kensho, we must be a bit selfish, especially in early sobriety, and put ourselves first. I know I am and will do that, too.

LB, hope you're safe. I saw the terrible storms in your part of the nest. Be careful.

Talked more to son tonight about the ex issues. I sound like a broken record, but I just keep talking and saying the things I looked up on the internet (how does a parent help her heartbroken child). Yep, I had to look it up because it never happened. And it's helped me a lot in helping him. My DH just gets pissed off and hands the phone to me. But somewhere deep inside, I'm loving that he needs his mom and the patience that I can give to him. And being sober and doing it is a good feeling. Damn. I never knew I could make so much sense!

Have a good night.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi all,
              Late check in tonight, hope you are well?
              Neo, aw sorry to hear you slipped :hug: Glad you posted & are doing the right thing getting straight back to AF, hope you don't feel too down on yourself x You can do this!
              Byrdie, it's a pity you can't rest when your not feeling well - will be sending get well wishes x How are you enjoying working with your new boss by the way?
              Mario, I always feel like an oddball when one discusses 'glamour' and AL, I'll admit there was romance, but it wasn't real. Haha how glamorous & romantic can my sofa really get? To coin a phrase 'Reality is my only valentine!"
              Tony, glad you nailed yesterday! Wishing you continued success!
              Satz, nice to see you here! True, our wee island is soggy (particularly at the moment) but wouldn't be so green without the wet :happy2:
              JVO I'm sorry about how your feeling :hug: I hope your breathing exercises are helping & music & 'funny' can be helpful too x
              Narilly, glad you are out of a job you didn't enjoy - my friend left her job in June because it was so stressful & loves her new job she got! I hope you also find something you really like!
              Thanks Orimus :happy2: I had to go through feeling anxious, really down & ANGRY to get here & will still have ups & downs although far less guilt is the most important x Well done on day 9, go you! I love your 'sleep hygiene' too - I'm going to pinch that!
              Kensho, you sound like I'd love sitting next to you on the bus atm...get well soon xx
              Waves & hugs to Lav, Roobs, LB
              Wishing all a safe & sober Tuesday
              LS
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wildflower.
              Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
              And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Congratulations Wagmor on 200 Days!
                So pleased for you!
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wildflower.
                Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Wags! 200 days is awesome! :two:
                  Wow, I hope you are as proud of you as we are! Keep up the great work!
                  Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

It was partly sunny & a decent 59 degrees today & will be even warmer tomorrow. Thursday we are getting a snow storm - crazy, huh??

CONGRATS to Wags on 200 AF days :yay:
                    Great work, keep going!!

Tony, glad you got thru last evening OK.
                    J-vo, glad you are feeling OK & determined to succeed. Any new plans for your birthday weekend coming up?

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                    Last edited by Lavande; February 8, 2017, 07:30 PM.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all Nesters! I hope all are well and tucked tightly into the nest. Just awake right now and been reading more inspirational posts. Please keep them coming weather 5 days or 5 years, to see success inspires the rest of us to achieve more! I am nearly at day 18 and feeling OK! The aim is 24 days, (the most I have ever quit before was 23 days), then after that a month.

The doctor has completely changed my diet recently so the comfort foods I used to use to get me through are off the table too!! AUGHH!! No caffine, no fried foods, no red meat, no crisps, only fruit, vegitables, chicken and fish.......oh and plenty of water! Yay! :-( However, the up side has been that I now am eating twice the amount of healthy food and I am loosing weight......go figure??!!!

So as I waste away, I wish everyone a good night, see you on day 19!

Axx

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                        Good evening Nesters!

CONGRATS to Wags on 20 AF days :yay:
                        Great work, keep going!!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                        Hey Lav, you divided my days by 10! No worries, I know you meant 200 I won't officially be on Day 200 until about 4 hours from now, but no way I won't make it!
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Great job Wags!!!! 200!! Nice

Comment

Good morning nesters...

Well done Wags on your 200 days, a great achievement & keep up what your doing..

All is good in de hood here, feeling good with myself, doing lots of work on my mind. Its funny we try & look after our bodys,our cars,our houses,our iphones & yet lots of us forget to train & look after our minds in which everything we do has to be filtered through there. So folks giving yourself 10/20 minutes in the morning to just find solace in yourself can do wonders for your day ahead, The answer is in within oneself.

have a good day folks.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:checkin: Nesters
                              Followed Mario again in here to the nest from the Army barracks.

Mario agree totally on the 'mind minding' is it the app you are using ?
                              I have taken to getting up earlier than Mr S and just 'being' for a while before the TV radio, etc all start.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                :checkin: Nesters
                                Followed Mario again in here to the nest from the Army barracks.

Mario agree totally on the 'mind minding' is it the app you are using ?
                                I have taken to getting up earlier than Mr S and just 'being' for a while before the TV radio, etc all start.

This the app I use Satz, I find it great & you can use it anytime anywhere during day or night. I also read the Big book & Buddha spiritual readings & teachings. In fact anything that suits oneself in a positive way is ok with me. Mario's philosophy .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X