Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,
    I missed a couple of days checking in because I was pretty sick, but no al in sight and still going strong. Starting to feel better today and will be back to work. I'll read back and catch up on everyone. For now sending best AF wishes for the day/eve to all!
    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good morning everyone. Neo, good that you threw out the last few drinks in your fridge. Only 1 drink, yeah, thats a laugh. We all have that problem that's why we are here! None of us can have just one drink. I have tried that hundreds of times.
      Wags, get hope you are feeling ok today. At least you are not hungover!

Happy Birthday Nursie and JVo.

So good to wake up Un Hung on a Monday. I remember so many Mondays waking up sick and dragging myself out of bed to work. How awful! I am feeling good today

Hey Mario, drinking dreams are sure scary aren't they? I had one the other day and it was so vivid, I felt like it was really happening, it scared the crap out of me!

Have a good sober Monday everyone.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi peeps! Still here, still sober. Busy weekend and day today, will catch up soon!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Happy Birthday J-Vo!!!!!!!!!!!

Neo, rule one of getting sober is to dump the alcohol. Keep trying! I sure as hell know I would not do well with alcohol staring at me in the fridge. I'm not ready for that yet.

Have a good night everyone!
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Checking in. Narilly, aint it the truth, Just one IS a joke for us.
            Neo, I fought that rule for a long time, but getting ALL the AL out works. So does VOWING not to buy more. Take the option off the table. No more, period. It takes every ounce of hootzpa we have, but it can be done. Hang in!
            Hope everyone has a peaceful night. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Wow, we had a day with wind gusts > 50mph. My feathers look like hell, ha ha!!
              Folks north of me got hit with another big snowstorm so I am grateful.

Neo, I played that same stupid game with myself for YEARS. There is no such thing as 'just one' for the majority of us. Take some comfort in knowing that you have plenty of company all around the world. Like Byrdie said, dump the AL & vow to buy no more. I did that 8 years ago & as you can see, it worked. You can do it too

Wags, hope you feel better soon. No fun being sick!

I hope everyone stays healthy, happy & AF!
              Have a safe night in the nest one & all.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

For JVo & Nursie! (Just for fun!) :heartbeat:
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wildflower.
                Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Happy Birthday J-vo!!! Sorry, my wishes are probably belated at this point.

Neo - yep, no good will ever come of keeping drinks in the fridge. This is a lesson you won't need to repeat. We've probably all been there, with same results. Tuck yourself back in - you've got this!

I'm feeling a lot better, thanks everyone for the support. Hate being sick, but anything is better than being hung over. I'm gonna hit the hay early tonight and hope tomorrow I'll feel 100%. I look forward to going back farther into the recent posts and catching up with all of you.
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning all

Bright and sunny here - but quite cold (-4)

Busy day today with all the Valentines bookings in the restaurant tonight....we'll still be picking up the heart shaped scatter confetti at easter I dare say!

Have a great AF day everyone

Tony

Comment

Hi all,

Just a really quick note to say that today I am in unchartered territory!!! Starting a day 25!! I can't remember when that happened before?! So, now that said looking for a month. Will do my daily reading here later, now have an oven to clean and bathroom too..... gotta keep busy.

Hope you are all doing well,

Axx

Comment

Good afternoon nesters, well done ADP, on my little phone here, just dropping in to say Hi

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Way to go ADP! Does't it feel good to be in uncharted territory? What will you do differently this time to keep your numbers going?

Got up early today to get the kids and hubs a nice breakfast and prep. dinner in the slow cooker. Wouldn't have done that much in the bad old days... I don't miss drinking. I have begun a bit of a revised health regime, and that includes probiotics. But I noticed the kombucha has alcohol?! I forgot that it was fermented. I'll have to try another route on that.

Anyway, welcome back Neo, and Happy Birthday JVO! Hugs to you all, and remember that you are winning as long as you are trying! It WILL click if you keep trying!
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Kensho, I make kombucha and have never had a problem with it or with GT's. Let me know if you want me to send you a SCOBY so you can make your own. It is easy and MUCH cheaper than buying it.

Comment

Morning nesters

i am tired already and its only the beginning of wednesday.

Yesterday i had to work, drive home and hour in horrendous traffic, pick up my dog, drive another hour in horrendous traffic, see the vet, come home and then dragged my son to the gym. Finally walked in the door at 9pm, had a cup of tea and went to bed. I was saying to a friend that i could never ever have done this drinking. The story would have gone - went to work, drove home in horrendous traffic and deserved a drink. Dog died eventually from lack of care.

Today i have work and my course till 9pm and Thursday a 30+ day of patients to meet and greet for appointments and run a department. A busy week but it is always done now sober and reasonably unstressed. I can relax and do absolutely nothing on the weekend, i like that.

I took your advice Lav and bought some L-glutamine and up to day 3 without chocolate. i never believed you when you mentioned it before. Damn i need to learn to listen earlier. Was a bit like that when i was first sober too but thank goodness i did listen earlier on.

Well time to get ready for work.

Take care x
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

GMAE from the bunker all!!

Wag - Glad you're feeling better.

ADP - Nice job! Always feels good to beat a personal best.

Finally slept decently in terms of falling asleep and staying asleep but waking up .... missed all my alarms and snoozes. Fortunately I woke up in time to get to work within a reasonable window but it did mean no meditation this morning. Bit foggy earlier but just like the cloudy skies that greeted me when I was driving in this morning the sun broke through and chased those clouds away. Of course the coffee helped! :0) Evening meditation and early to bed and maybe - just maybe - tomorrow will be the day that I get back to practice and writing. Of course I might just have to push in the beginning but ...... for today just happy to be a non-drinker. Tomorrow will come.

Have a great AF day all.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X