Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning:

Wags! So sorry that happened and glad you're ok. The NERVE of that guy getting in his truck and driving away. Take good care of your neck and back. You probably are still in shock and when that wears off you'll be sore most likely.

Happy Birthdays to Nursie and LS!

Byrdie - how cool that you and Mick vacation together. That's a great MWO story.

I have a big decision to make this week about work. I am glad my thinking is as clear as it can be so I can make it well.

Happy Sober Hump Day.
    Pav

Comment

Great ADP, so glad to hear you have a new angle! I have found diet has made a SUBSTANTIAL difference in both my cravings for alcohol, and my life in general (energy level, sugar crashes, mood, weight, health, etc.). Yea!

Nursie, DDD (DESPERATE, DESOLATE, and DESTROYED) - love your thoughts here. We have to remember this! Strong post!

Wags! OMG! How awful, I'm sorry to hear about your accident, and thankful it wasn't worse. Man, things really can change and it is all the more reason to experience life sober, because we don't appreciate our time when we are drinking. Hugs to you!

PAV, strength with you on your decision; you will do the right thing.

Happy hump day everyone - time for me to get to work.
      Last edited by KENSHO; February 15, 2017, 12:22 PM.
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi All

Wags, hope you are feeling better. That's just awful of the truck driver - guess he must have been DUI or using his phone or something. Don't know what happens with you but here everyone would be breath-tested - if that happened I bet it was a good feeling to KNOW that your would be zero!

Happy hump day everyone and HEY lets keep AF out there!

Tony

Comment

GMAE all!

LS – I write mostly Fantasy Adventure and some poetry. Played around with other genres but my only published book is Fantasy Adventure. (And don’t really know why I capitalized Fantasy Adventure) Happy belated btw!

Wags – Glad to hear you and the pup are OK and that it was nothing serious. Sorry about the car.

Here at the studio (apt) today instead of the bunker, work from home day. Too many times that would’ve been an excuse to have a few the night before because, hey, I wasn’t going anywhere the next day and could sleep in. This would only lead, of course, to working the day with a bottle of whiskey as my co-pilot. I can only be grateful that I somehow managed to get through those days and still be employed.

Leaving it in the rear view – just my friend coffee riding shotgun. Another day grateful to be a non-drinker. Let’s make it a great AF hump day!
          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
          Newbies Nest Roll Call
          Toolbox
          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Sat here now surrounded by 5 pissed (drunk) people....This is not my idea of fun....God I want to go home!

Comment

Wags,I'm so sorry for your accident but VERY glad you and your pup are ok! How scary
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Goodness Wags, so sorry about the accident, geez! I am grateful you & your pup are OK. Life can & does change in an instant so being grateful for what we have, each & everyday is vital :hug:

Tony, I hope you got away from the drunk people, ugh.

Byrdie, lucky you going on vacation again with Mick, nice.

Not much happening with me so I'll just wish everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wags, what an awful turn of events! Life really can turn on a dime, I am so thankful you are ok, all thing considered. I am traveling out of town myself and today on I-40, a car beside me just ran off the shoulder into the grass and kept going, it was weird, a bunch of us slowed down and the car finally stopped halfway up a hill, as I looked over at the car, I saw the drivers head laying over on his shoulder! I pulled over and called 911. Nobody else stopped and that man was obviously in distress. I didnt wait for the ambulance but saw it coming the other way, so I hope the guy is ok. That could have ended a lot differently. It really makes you think. It also makes me sad that I wasted so much of my life. Tomorrow isnt promised to anyone.
                  Distant hugs to you, Wags. Xoxox, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Wags! I'm so glad you are ok. That guy must have been drunk or high or had a body in the truck! (Kidding, sort of...who doesn't stop at an accident?)
                    You poor thing, it really shakes you up. You may have some bad dreams for awhile. Big hugs to you.

Good day over here although I have been a little lax with my healthy eating. I really would love to lose 50 lbs but I keep making excuses!

Like today. I ate healthy all day, exercised, and then ate a bunch of cookies. Hahaha oh well. I will get there!
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the accident Wags, scary stuff. A guy drove full-speed in to the back of my car a year ago while I was stopped at a red light, but he did stop and accept full blame. He hit me so hard, I ended up in the next lane! Luckily I had just started letting my daughter sit up front so she didn't take the impact but we were both really shaken up.
                      Today, I am feeling internally conflicted. I have the evening to myself - she is at her dad's now for a few days and my mum will be at her house. I asked my mum to stay with us the first couple of weeks after I quit and to hold my bank cards for me. But now, I am having to do this for myself and I cannot get the thought out of my head that I could have wine tonight - and as much as I want - as there will be nobody else to see me. I am trying to think it through - think how the first glass would literally make me grimace and shudder, and how I'd feel tomorrow morning after polishing off a couple of bottles, but the thought keeps returning. I keep stuffing food in my mouth to distract me (poor boy at the desk next to me keeps looking at me in disbelief as more snacks come out of my desk drawers!), but it isn't working so far. I am trying to tell myself that I am going to go home, have a lovely bubble bath, make a cake I bought all the ingredients for and ride it out until I meet my friend later for a curry.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm sitting here this morning feeling grateful and angry all at the same time. The more the shock wears off, the more I realize what a really bad accident I was in. I am so angry that the truck driver took off. I'm struggling to find a place of compassion for whatever his circumstances must be that made fleeing the scene his best decision. The fact that he literally drove right into me at full speed, with no signs of slowing or braking, tells me drinking/drugs or complete and total distraction. It makes me reflect on drinking, cuz that's a likely possibility, and the devastating consequences that can occur if/when we choose to pick up that first drink.

I am ok and my pup is ok, but I am not unscathed by this event. I have several physical injuries that will take time and effort to heal. Emotionally I'm a wreck, and that will also take time to work through. I am angry and have no person or thing to direct it at. For lack of a better target, I am sending my anger toward al cuz even if that's not the culprit here, we all know it IS the culprit in so many similar incidents.

F@#ck al. Seriously.

I will be home again today, probably not working again until next week at the earliest. I'm gonna read back and try to catch up with everyone. Stay safe out there.
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hello Nesters,
                          Popped in after a long time to say Hi!! Saw few posts and am sorry to hear about the Wags accident. I myself have had accidents several times due to my drinking. I feel embarrassed now looking back.

Tony I too used to feel strage when surrounded by people who were drinking. Now I dont care at all.. Drinking is thier problem not mine.

Lifr over is great. I have been running and cycling. Last year i earned 4 medals in Marathons and Duothelons and last week I finished within top 5 in a cycling race. This sunday another Marathon coming. In few days I will complete 3 year...

I cant believe this is me... The drunk alcoholic who was so must lost...
                          Rahul
                          --------------------------------------------
                          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                          Rebooting ... done ...
                          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Glad to here your kinda ok Wags, you very lucky. take care of yourself.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning nesters

Lav you can always tell me "i told you so". I had one stuff up on Wednesday and that has been it. my body feels so much better.

LS happy birthday to you and i hope you had a lovely day and a huge congratulations on 7 weeks sober. Great work.

Wags i hope you are feeling better and they have caught the driver. Sending you hugs.

Pav hope your job works out for you. i too have a big decision to make about my work but have till end of November to decide. It could be a huge life change. People say i am too old to move on and have a career change and i am like "i am 53 ffs and i have the balls to do what i want now and nothing will stop me from getting there". If i was still a drunk then i would never ever contemplate changing what i have but i am not and i can.

TFIF is all i will say. I have pushed myself way too much this week so a quite weekend for me, i just so appreciate that i can do what i am doing sober. It reinforces to me why i never want to drink. It has been on our news this week about a famous olympic swimmer - Grant Hackett who was taken in by police for being aggressive/abusive with his family by the police and his family have spoken out about it and he has gone into hiding. Imagine being an alcoholic carrying the guilt, shame and remorse and the media are turning it into a circus and the parents think rehab will "fix" him. I can only imagine how his life is now and how he is probably drinking to drown out his life. So very very sad.

Take care x
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

That is sad Ava.
                                Hope you feel better quick Wags.
                                Beautiful sunny day here. Life feels so much more manageable sober.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X