Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I am anxiously awaiting the milder weather to move in this weekend, yay!

Ready, you should indeed be very proud of yourself, you are doing great! Kicking AL out of our lives is a blessing & true gift.

AG, we will have lots of cake for celebrations!!

Byrdie, I am so sorry about your friend. I hope she is comfortable & at peace.

Hello to Mario, cowboy, pauly & everyone.
    Wishing a safe & comfy night in the nest for all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ready, I am so proud of you! You did beautifully!!
      Byrdie, I'm really sorry about your friend.
      It's been quite a long week for me but it's always manageable when I'm sober!
      113 days today I believe.

Ooh, something exciting though! For me anyway, haha. I have begun the book "the art of tidying" it's free on audio on YouTube! I am listening absolutely enamored that I can simplify my life so much. So I'm going to give the minimalisr approach a go. Because a tidy living space with your favorite belongings makes for a tidy emotional state! It adds peace and serenity to your home and mood and I need that in my life!
      I hope you all have a safe night in the nest. Sweet dreams!
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Nurse a tidy home sounds wonderful. I often imagine mine like that.
        Byrdie I'm so very sorry about your friend.
        Ready I found that posting here when I was strugglin really helped me too. We all start at day one.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Good morning nesters from sunny Portugal .

Sorry to hear about your good friend Byrdlady, This life of ours is a pure roller coaster & all we can do is get through it the best way we can.

I was talking to a friend the other night , & I was saying sometimes I think what a waste of a life I had, Why did i not find my way out 20/30 years ago, Why did I ever start this crap life in the first place, I mean I am in my fifty's now & feel great in mind & kinda body. If I knew then what I know now....anyway isn't hindsight a great thing.

I am just grateful that I did find my way out as if I didn't I be dead, no joke there.

Have a good day folks and thanks.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hey Mario, we're glad you're here. I really appreciate your thoughtful and inspiring posts. They help me so much.

Have a great day!

Comment

Thank you all for the words of comfort. All we can do is keep the faith.
              As most of you know, I have Crohn's/Colitis and am currently having a flair. Of course, steroids are the usual course and Im on a low dose now. So every time I eat salt, my face swells, its just awful and it is very uncomfortable. My eyes feel like they want to pop out. So the solution, of course, is to avoid salt. That's hard to do, everything has salt! I was thinking this morning about how this reminds me of AL. I am avoiding salt and I know what the consequences are if I eat it (classic behavior stuff) so Im doing a darn good job of bypassing it, the consequences are negative. Why couldnt I do that with AL? I knew it had bad results yet couldnt stop? I guess that is what puts it into the catagory of addiction. Plus, we dont NEED AL to live (well, I thought I did there at the end). It is more easily avoidable than salt! Addiction is another animal, a monster, if you ask me. Never underestimate the power of addiction.
              Let us always keep our guard up! Hope everyone has an easy day. Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie - :hug: :hug:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Great points Byrdie! You don't just get crazy and say I'm eating the whole salt shaker! I can't take it any more!!!
                  I really feel for you being on the steroids. I was on IV steroids for 6 months and then so many rounds of oral steroids. Ohhhhhh that steroid hell!!!
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Checking in - still need to read back, but staying the course!

Wet, windy and blustery here - am I in California??

All ok - busy with work, kids and life - but keeping on putting one foot in front of the other, one day at a time. Slowly and steadily wins the race, right??
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi ya, just checking in. My mom bought me an instant pot so I am learning how to use it. It is pretty easy actually.

Big hugs Byrdie. Hey, I have lots of friends who have crohns and my hubbie had colon cancer. I totally empathise with you and yes, I will keep my guard up re: AL. It is so easy to become complacent.

SL, it is snowing here right now so I understand your weather blues. We had a beautiful week of weather and now this. I really cant complain. I have a warm house and Netflix plus I am Sober. Oh Yeah!
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good Saturday evening Nesters,

The decent weather has arrived - at least for a few days, yay!
                        your
                        Narilly, I hope you don't get too much snow. I know we are not done with it yet this winter either.

Byrdie, so sorry you are not feeling fabulous. Take good care of yourself :hug:

SL, I have been watching the weather out your way. My family out there has been posting quite a bit on FB about it, crazy! Stay safe!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Everyone! I haven't meant to be gone, just busy. Meeting some friends tonight to hear music. Not a good morning. I'm having some thoughts, but going to quench them quick with a non-AF drink and some food, even though we don't have dinner reservations until much later. Ugh. Not often that I have these thoughts any more.
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
                            Good morning nesters from sunny Portugal .

I was talking to a friend the other night , & I was saying sometimes I think what a waste of a life I had, Why did i not find my way out 20/30 years ago, Why did I ever start this crap life in the first place, I mean I am in my fifty's now & feel great in mind & kinda body. If I knew then what I know now....anyway isn't hindsight a great thing.
                            So true! So goes the saying - "Youth is wasted on the young. Wisdom is wasted on the old."

ThirdTimesACharm

Comment

It was mentioned to me that the Newbies Nest would be good to join so here I am. There is a lot to read here and being that this is the end of my day 1, I am pretty tired, but I'll be back tomorrow.
                              Last drink 02/17/2017

Comment

I only use pepper on my tomato on a salad sandwich. The bread and ham have enough salt in it already .I can easily avoid sugar when quitting alcohol and smokes as this is what induces cravings I believe and has helped me out. Only on Weetbix lol .And I only drink water when I quit last 40+ days which didn't bother me however wether grapes = sugar I think they help too as classed as natural sugar
                                Last edited by Neo; February 19, 2017, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X