Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Has anyone heard from ADP lately? Jvo?? How are you guys doing?

Comment

Relapse maybe action

Day - 9 . Still feeling brain fog and get agitated at times during the day ,but no major cravings and feel healthy otherwise .Haven't done much physical exercise in a while. Was doing planks and Hiit for a while. Got exercise bike in shed too so think that would help
      Last edited by Neo; February 27, 2017, 03:00 AM.

Comment

having problem posting ??

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good morning nesters , how doing you all.

I was doing a mediation to switch on tbe happiness button to my day & it gave me seven affirmations to practice , thought I would share them here.

1,I make plans but I am flex able to what life has in store for me,I try and say yes as often as possible.

2,I cultivate patience & in doing so I cultivate self confidence.

3,I welcome the opportunity to step out side my comfort zone & do not let my self be guided by fear.

4,I love my self unconditional because it's essential to my happiness ,I love the person that I am & I do not need other people's approval to love myself fully.

5,I am going to drink water eat fruit & vegetables,walk ,take the stairs exercise as today I am giving love to my body.

6,I give everywhere I go even if it's only a smile,a compliment & my full attention as its counter productive against my happiness to speak against myself & others.

7,I try to be impeccable with my words & to speak positivity as its counter productive against my happiness to speak against myself and others.

Have a good day folks.

Doing step 2 on this forum definitely worked as it took me ages to post ??
          Last edited by mario; February 27, 2017, 04:36 AM.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mario, copied the affirmations and will use them this week. Thanks, I need some fresh thoughts in my brain.

Comment

1 & 7 aren't me always. I say no a lot to salesmen and appreciate simpler things in life . I think it is important to have clarity about who you are, what you want and say no to distractions

7 - Finding that hard. Need to get some negativity out with local council as don't want to fork out 9k of rates for their incompetence .Ratepayers have been ignored
              Last edited by Neo; February 27, 2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Morning Nest,
                114 days today. I just checked my app thingy!
                Roobs- your post really resonated with me. I felt that way all week end too! I was cooking, cleaning, taking care of kids, etc and feeling very resentful.
                I also ate tons of stuff I shouldn't and felt like a big blob with no self control.

I would LOVE to book a riding session. Thank you for the idea!
                Mario- I love that. Screenshot it and saved it.
                Byrdie, Lav, Wags, Action, Neo, I hope you all have a great day today! Sorry if I missed anyone, posting from my phone

I still wake up sometimes with initial dread- like I have to remind myself that everything is ok and I didn't drink. After 114 days I still have to comfort myself some mornings.

Well I will be back later!
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Nest!! Missed you! Checking in at day 200. The last time I had 200 days of consecutive AF time, think I was probably in 8th or 9th grade - so 25+ years ago. Granted, I didn't always drink daily, but I'm feeling the distance between me and alcohol, and I like it. While I don't plan to ever look back, I am well aware that people fall at much higher numbers than mine, so I maintain a healthy respect for the manipulative abilities of AL. Hope everyone has a strong day. I will make more time to read back later today!
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                    Hi Nest!! Missed you! Checking in at day 200. The last time I had 200 days of consecutive AF time, think I was probably in 8th or 9th grade - so 25+ years ago. Granted, I didn't always drink daily, but I'm feeling the distance between me and alcohol, and I like it. While I don't plan to ever look back, I am well aware that people fall at much higher numbers than mine, so I maintain a healthy respect for the manipulative abilities of AL. Hope everyone has a strong day. I will make more time to read back later today!
                    Congrats Kensho!!! 200 is a major milestone!!! :yay:
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                      That's great news J, happy for you!
                      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Congratulations, Kensho!!!! WOOOOHOOO! :two: Keep up the great work, it only gets better from here!

Neo, I AM a salesperson, so hearing NO all the time is a drag on this end, too! Bah!

Hope everyone has an easy day, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, All:

Way to go, Kensho!! 200 is an amazing milestone. I love those big, round numbers. I, too, retain a healthy respect/fear of alcohol - keeps me honest with myself.

Wags - hugs to you. What an ordeal. And of course you're not drinking through it. You don't drink! Good on you to think about taking care of yourself in other ways.

Nursie - I have to defend my husband from the man cold cliche - I think I'm the one who gets them in our house. Of course I deal with life when I have a cold, but I feel like I mope around a lot more than he does when I'm sick. Which I am. Again. WAAAHHHH.

Lots to get to today at work and at home. Onward and upward.

Pav

Comment

Hi Nest,

This is a really short check in as I am full of cold and need to sleep. The cold made my energy levels drop and on top of that my oldest cat has returned from vet hospital after a couple of operations, (now mostly better.....she's lovely), but Al had a go. My quit is still intact though and I am heading for my day 38.....:-) :-) Now, where did I put that box of tissues ?????

Everyone, stay strong, see you tomorrow,
                            Axx

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

ADP, feel better soon!

Kensho, Congrats on your 200 AF days, yay! Love those big numbers

Mario, great plan to work on yourself, enjoy!

I'm just busy with work stuff, animal care, & anything else that needs my attention. I have always (all my life) been better off when I am super busy - keeps me from living inside my head, ha ha. I am so grateful for the clarity & peace this AF life brings us!!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Kensho, awesome job on the 200! Wowzer!

ADP, great to see you still plugging away. Feel better soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X