Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

Neo, it can happen anyone of us, Learn from your mistakes & move on, maybe even try a different route, Pick what ever your comfortable with, The main thing is to start again.

Hi action girl,Roobs & paviti,Kensho,byrdlady & available ,Lavande & wagmore.

Just something I was reading here,
    If your heart is right, your world be right, The beginning of all reform must be in yourself, Its not what happens to you its how you take it, However restricted your circumstances, however you are able to remedy financial affairs, You can always turn to your inner self & seeing there is something not right there seek to fix it, You will always find that outward is improved if inward is improved, As you improve yourself your outward circumstance's will change for the better, The power released from within yourself will change your outer life.

Have a good day folks.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Yeah, minor slip Mario, Glad I didn't drink them all and only had a few smokes. Fire smoked the rest . I didn't have anything to eat which I feel is what triggered it. Normally I've pigged out

Power was off last night. Fire done a lot of damage. Lost all my tools ,mig welder, drills , Shed is a write off
      We had house and contents which I recommend everyone check and make sure you have it and know what it covers
      It says 120,000 bu we'll see what we actually get Monday
      Last edited by Neo; March 11, 2017, 06:20 AM.

Comment

How did the fire start Neo?
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Jane, I just read back and saw your story about your accident. What a horrific event. I'm so sorry for your physical and psychological grief. You sound really strong with a perspective on life that not many people have. I hope that you have support around you as well as from us here in the nest. Same goes for you Wags. Wishing you both a successful recovery.

Mario, Lav, Byrdie, Pav, Ava, I really enjoy your input and the fact that you are all still actively posting here. I'm in a little bit of the ho-hum stage. Nothing bad, not really thinking about drinking but not experiencing those euphoric moments of how great I feel. My pink cloud has left me. I like the pink cloud. All of your posts help me to push through and find gratitude in the day to day stuff.

Thanks to everyone here!
          Dutch, CONGRATULATIONS on your 2 years! Whoo Hooo!
          Roobs

Comment

Hi all,
            I hope everyone is cosy in the nest? After the misunderstanding/difference of opinion, I took a short break from posting & reading. I'm sorry if the way I chose to express myself at the time caused anyone any distress xxx

I certainly don't want to leave MYO, as its such a valuble resource to me but also know when emotions are running high, I cannot contribute or gain support in a useful way x

It's been a week since I've snuggled into the nest & I am very glad to be back. I have missed you all :hug:

Wishing all a safe & sober Saturday
            LS
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wildflower.
            Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
            And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Lost, so glad you are back in the nest. I cant think of a better place on Earth to get the tools and support needed to get AL off our backs once and for all! It sure has worked for me! Hugs dear lady.

Neo, Im so sorry about the fire, that is just an awful turn of events. One thing I have come to realize is that bad things happen to sober people, too, so adjust your sails and keep going, Im so glad you are committed to this journey. I promise, it is worth it.

Ava, you and those twins, I wish I could have seen a picture of the shoe shopping!

Im about 1000 times better than I was last week this time but still having the steroid side effects (moon face, weepy)....Im just grateful the colitis is improving. I call it 'teetery remission'. Thank you all for the warm recovery wishes. I appreciate them all. I just love this nest.

Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good Saturday evening Nesters,

It took me almost half the morning to figure out that it is indeed Saturday today & not Sunday. I guess my granny brain is taking over, ha ha!!

Byrdie, I am relieved to hear you are improving :hug:

LS, good to see you back. Stick with us now, we missed you.

Neo, sorry about the slip & the fire, geez. I hope everything works out for you!

Roobs, keep working on that gratitude list, it really helps. Have you thought about introducing some news things into your life? New hobby maybe? Sometimes we have to spark our own excitement to keep things fresh

Apparently there is some giant snow storm moving this way - figures because I just saw two robins today, sure signs of spring. I'm keeping the bird feeder filled for them.
                Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Nesties,
                  Neo sorry about your slip. Glad you're right back at it though! How did the fire start?
                  I have had a busy few days and finally have some time to relax today. I had a twang on wanting to drink last night. That Friday after work spark in the air I guess. I was supposed to go to a work party but I just couldn't handle it last night so I skipped it.
                  I had a dream last night that I went to the party though, and in the dream I ordered my gingerale with cherries. So I guess my dream self is starting to get the message that we don't drink anymore haha.
                  My husband is acting up and I'm peeved at him right now. He's in a deep funk and just so lazy, unhelpful, helpless, depressed, irritable, ughhhhh I'm so sick of it. He needs to come out of this mood, whatever it is.
                  Blah, at least I didn't drink!
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning nesters,

Nursie them drink dreams can be so real, I got one about two months ago & I drank , Then next day I was feeling so guilty I announced it from a platform to the everybody,(in the dream there were thousands of people there), Everybody just looked at me and carried on & I walked of...

Lavande enjoy your snow,

Byrdlady glad your feeling better than last week,

Lostsoul I am delighted you came back, You are here for you.

Roobs keep pushing you will get the breakthrough to the otherside,

Hi Paulywog & Neo,

You should not dwell too much on mistakes, faults & failures of the past, Be done with the shame & remorse & contempt for yourself, We here have all ran in this race, we all stumbled & fell & lots of us have risen again & pressed on to our goal & have got there, And when we get to our first goal we press on again to the next goal, doing all this for a better life for ourselves & indirectly all people around us. Don't examine over & over of why you fell as that's just delaying your start up again to your goal, lets go keep on running...

Have a good & positive day folks...

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I just had a drink dream last night,its odd cuz in the dreams I'm devastated that I drank and I'm trying to sober up....fast! I think my subconscious knows what I'm striving for wishing everyone a safe,sober,sorta sane Sunday,enjoy it!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lav, I just saw it on the Weather Channel. They named this big storm... "Stella." Run for cover! Stella is on the loose, again. Heehee, hope it's just beautiful and not a bother in any way.

Byrdie, glad you're feeling better. :happy2:

Who went and messed up all my clocks this morning? [Sound of getting caught in the bedspread, stumbling, treading on the cat --MIEOWWW -- and then putting the tea kettle on the non-flaming burner and waiting...] <-- I really did this.
                        "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

4.27am here atm. Booked into the cafe for 24hrs cos now it is focusing on each day as it comes,not about bragging about each week or month I quit

Day 1 starts again. Had a drink today to properly reset everything. Sounds stupid and didn't need it at all. 3 week stint which has been great and can't allow a bad hair day to get in my way + I still have Dental Implant to properly heal and drink or smoking won't help, this at all

upcoming Today is insurance day. Hope all goes well .I know we have full contents insurance as lost everything
                          Last edited by Neo; March 12, 2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Lil, I was feeling funky out of it brain this am too. Made coffee without water - must be confusion in the air

Byrdie, so glad you're feeling better in the gut. Hopefully it is a trend and you can be back to yourself soon!

I am at the Barbour shop with my son - cleaning him up! Then taking him clothes shopping. He's a fine line between sloppy and artistic in his clothing choices, so shopping for him is both fun and challenging. I love that he thinks out of the box, but at the same time, kids at 11 are already so judgemental. How do you teach a child not to give a crap what others think? He's a good egg and has so much to offer the world but others are being mean to him and his blue Hair. I think his hair is awesome, but alas, I am an artist too.

Anyway, if the wind here doesn't carry me away, I'll be here to check in again tomorrow. Hope everyone has an easy day!
                            Last edited by KENSHO; March 12, 2017, 04:07 PM.
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi all,
                              I hope everyone is cosy this evening? Thankyou all for the warm welcome home I really do appreciate it xxx
                              I'm shattered (who isn't with kids lol) but still committed to protecting & maintaining my quit, nothing is more worthwhile :love:

Roobs, I used to compare my quit like a new job - fun & exciting at the beginning but as time goes on a bit like drudgery & boring (like life at times I guess) so I try to remember it's normal & a chance to look for new opportunities - when I'm not broke & picking up toys lol x

Kensho I can't reference the info on paws but followed a link from a UK website. I read it stood for post acute withdrawal syndrome & can last up to two years. It sounds a bit scary at first but knowing what to expect & when, I found helpful to bear it in mind. It reminds me of the length of time post natal depression can affect people too, alkie or not & makes sense & feel better in the knowledge that an ordinary big life change like having a baby can be hard to adapt to in the same way finding sobriety

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow Neo, I hope it goes okay. I think doing whatever way works for you is the right way. I enjoy going to AA but only take the bits useful to me x

Pauly & Nursie, I haven't had a drinking dream in ages, I like to think it's my subconscious saying "be careful LS!"

Waves to Lav, Byrdie & Mario x
                              And a very belated 2 year happy birthday to you lil bit & Dutch x

Wishing all a safe & sober Sunday
                              To see a world in a grain of sand
                              And a heaven in a wildflower.
                              Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                              And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Discombobulated today with the time change. I wish they would just leave it alone!
                                Lazy day here, it was nice to do exactly what I wanted to do, which wasnt much! Snow here this morning, it was pretty coming down, mostly gone now.
                                Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X