Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Thanks for all the support Nesters, I appreciate it and need it.

Wags, I agree, the loss of a pet can hurt more than the loss of a human friend or relative. I would love another dog but am too old to take on the challenge of raising a puppy. I'm searching for a rescue pup a few years old. I think my little buddy would like knowing that her toys, beds and bowls were being enjoyed by a dog who needs a break in life.

Today is Day 4. So far, so good. Cravings have been manageable but I know that I have to be on guard constantly.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, AF of course!

QDubya
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Howdy to newbies and oldies. Sober and feeling good here.
      The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Wags, enjoy your vacation! Can I go with?
        We were going to go downtown tonight but I got off track by waiting on someone to help me with a quote today and ran behind and didnt finish up til 6:30. It was a good day, tho.
        OverIt, great to see you, so glad you are sober! How long has it been?
        Congrats on your 4 days QW!
        Hope everyone has an easy evening. TGIF! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

The whole day got away from me somehow - weird.
          I did get everything done that I was supposed to get done so I guess that's good

Wags, enjoy your vacation, you sure could use some down time. We will be right here to welcome you back with 250 AF days.

QW, a rescue sounds good. I don't have the energy for any more puppies either, ha ha!

Good to see you Overit!

Byrdie, your day sounds like mine.

Hi there Mario & nursie. It's hard to imagine choosing addictions over family but unfortunately it often comes to that. I sure hope your friend has some epiphany nursie before it's really too late for her.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Checking in briefly before going to bed! It's been a fun day with the kids - they were my design assistants. They loved it, and I actually got work done. Thank you all for good posts - I won't respond, as it is midnight and I was going to bed!

Sleep tight nest!
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Just a quick flyby, as me in a hurry, have a good day folks

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Checking in. Sober is just so comforting. I hope my friends can find the peace that I now have.
                Looking forward to the weekend but I seem to be starting a little cold. My nose is running like crazy! If I bend over to pick up my dog, it runs right out!! Hahahaha oh boy.
                I still can't get over how much I appreciate the simple things in life now that I am sober.
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Have been away from site for a few days. Getting ready for an upcoming week of sobriety .Have 95 odd baclofen tablets expiring in a few months. Gave a 10mg a try 10mins ago to see how/if this will help and keep a log on this site .May report back in an hour. Seeing how effects compare to valium

Now an hour and actually feel quite relaxed. Will see how sleep goes
                  Last edited by Neo; March 25, 2017, 04:55 AM.

Comment

QW, glad to hear you are feeling good. Keep up the good work!

Overit, likewise! Glad you are checking in!

Neo, I donā€™t know much about your story, but Iā€™m glad you have been here and working toward sobriety! I also donā€™t know much about meds, and how they relate to quitting. I do think, though, that we have to be sure to not expect the meds to do all the work for us. Do you also have a plan that is helping you do the work on your end? For most of us, I think it takes a multi-prong approach and one strategy is often not enough. What other tools are you using? Keep goingā€¦ it is worth it!!

Iā€™m having a nice Saturday. Feeling a little overwhelmed with all that feels like it has to get done - but just putting one foot in front of the other and remembering all the things Iā€™m grateful for. Hope everyone is doing the same
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good Saturday
                      I've been walking around all day thinking it was 8 years ago today that I decided enough was enough & had my last glass of wine (or glass of anything AL). Hard to believe it has been so long but it has & I am still so grateful! I was a nervous wreck, didn't know if I could do it but I did. Making that solemn vow to myself to never touch another drop was the best thing I have ever done for myself.
                      I know all of you can do it too - make your plan & stick to it, no matter what!!!

Have a safe night in the nest everyone!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav, I thought tomorrow was your day! I think you are trying to get the party started early! Bahahha! Congratulations on this huge milepost! Are you the longest sober person on MWO?
                        You have ALWAYS been my role model and gave me tough love when I needed it. You will never know how grateful I am for you! THANK you for being our North Star, MWO woukd not be what it is without you!
                        Keep up the fantastic work! :fairy:

Just got back from a neighborhood party. The AL was flowing. I decided to leave when they started trying to break a Pinata full of tiny bottles of booze! (Might have stayed if it were candy, definitely would have stayed for chocolate!). These neighbors are heavy drinkers and were getting pretty wound up. Back in the day Id have been right in there with them. So glad Im not there now. Life is 1000 times better without AL.

Night, everyone! Byrdie
                        Last edited by Byrdlady; March 26, 2017, 09:01 AM.
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie,

I am getting the party started early, Ha Ha!!!
                          I am happy & proud & unbelievably proud & can't contain myself

I believe Mario is MWO's current holder of the AF record - I started shortly after him.

That piƱata full of tiny booze bottles at your party was a bad idea - geez.

Have a good night all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning nesters

Happy 8 years Lav, i want to be like you and i am getting there. slow and steady wins the race. You were a godsend to me in my early days and you still are!

have the mans twin grandsons for an overnight stay and the day. I cant believe they eat so much, i dont think i have been out of the kitchen yet.

They keep us busy and occupied so that is a good thing.

Take care x
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters-
                              I've been away a couple of days because of crazy situations going on at work. I didn't get home until around 2 am this morning because one of my clients was assaulted and I stayed with her at the ER until she was medically cleared. She's doing fine (physically) but it was a difficult night. I'm about to end day 11 being AF but this is the most difficult it's been. Combined with the stress of work, my husband has a bunch of his old classmates in town and he's out with them. One of them includes a woman who was madly in love with him in high school (she never married) and I'm feeling totally insecure about the whole thing. I hate to admit that but it's the damn truth. We've been married 25 years and have two kids but I still feel like I'm walking on quicksand and would love nothing more than a bottle of Pinot Noir right now. I'm just trying to keep busy and posting here helps.

Comment

Originally posted by PanhandleKim View Post
                                Good evening Nesters-
                                I've been away a couple of days because of crazy situations going on at work. I didn't get home until around 2 am this morning because one of my clients was assaulted and I stayed with her at the ER until she was medically cleared. She's doing fine (physically) but it was a difficult night. I'm about to end day 11 being AF but this is the most difficult it's been. Combined with the stress of work, my husband has a bunch of his old classmates in town and he's out with them. One of them includes a woman who was madly in love with him in high school (she never married) and I'm feeling totally insecure about the whole thing. I hate to admit that but it's the damn truth. We've been married 25 years and have two kids but I still feel like I'm walking on quicksand and would love nothing more than a bottle of Pinot Noir right now. I'm just trying to keep busy and posting here helps.
                                Hi PanhandleKim,

Don't normally post in nest, but read.

I'm sorry your under so much stress. Very sorry to read one of your clients was assaulted! Glad she's doing okay!... It's completely understandable with all this stress that your having a difficult time. Extra stress can feel overwhelming. Fear, jealousy may also be contributing to feelings and thoughts of insecurity. All natural feelings in my opinion, given the circumstances.

Have been married 33 yrs, two grown kids and have experienced similar circumstances with spouse. There have been times these thoughts and feelings led me back to the bottle. None of what I was feeling and thinking at the time, were founded in truth. I regretted acting on my feelings and thoughts. Alcohol didn't provide a real escape. In fact, it made everything worse. Understanding and accepting, I have no control over certain situations, ie people, places, things, has helped me to let things go. Maybe it can help you too.

You are helping yourself stay sober by posting here, being honest and reaching out. Can you hug one of your kids, call a friend. Your doing great by distracting your self with being busy. In early recovery our emotions can be all over the place. Please hang on. Your doing great. Be proud of your 11 days. Don't let the quicksand sink you. If your like many of us that one drink leads to one too many. Drinking will even increase the cravings. Then the real drowning in quick sand begins. Try and remember your husband chose you and you have two beautiful children together. This is one night out with old class mates. You will have him every night usually. You can get thru this one evening sober. You won't regret it.

You can do this PanhandleKim :hug:

Comment

Working...
                                X