Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Calling all Newbs......Sheri needs support...check out her thread. Thanks...I fiquired you all could give her some good help. (Morning Nora .....) IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, all you fine feathered and flippered friends!

HippyGirl... NO! Time to grow up and get over it!
      Seriously, honey... look at how far you've come! You have reinvented yourself over the past 5 months, you have claimed your life, your dignity, your self respect back. You want to blow that for... what? 'One' glass of champagne????

Ok... let's say you do only have one glass. Whoopdeedoo. Have you ever even TASTED that stuff??? It ain't that great! :H And chances are, you will want more than one glass, anyways. So, either you'll restrain yourself and be miserable because you 'can't have another' or you'll end up saying 'To hell with it' and go overboard. Either way, I don't see how any of this is going to contribute to your CELEBRATION - much less to how you will remember this birthday the following day.

NO! *jumping up and down* NO!

See, if you can't find something that looks delish here:
      Non-Alcoholic Cocktails

There. Thursday sermon delivered.

MamaBear - hang in there :l Start anew today - we're here to pull you back up on your twig (and throw you in the pool from there)

Spam and Lakesider... that boy of mine could be a B student if he only showed up... an A student if he actually tried a bit. And, he is very popular (unfortunately not with the kind of crowd I was hoping for) and has tons of interests. I've really pretty much just been biting my tongue for the last few months, praying for him to just get through school. He is 'planning' on an apprenticeship, probably general carpentry - although he is very good at all things mechanical as well. All I can hope for is that one day he will grow up. The only steady job he had, he lost after 2 1/2 months because he was constantly late or 'forgot' he was on the schedule.

Dancing... wonderful news!!! And you won't need a 'boobie trap' either! :H

Ok.. that's it for now.. need to get my behind moving. Have a grand, fabulous AF day!

And Hippie.. NO!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy Chick;845206 wrote: Lakesider - I think you might have something there. I am abit OC and boredom is a biggy with me too. I used to drink just because I was bored rather than actually go out and do something constructive to take away the boredom.

I am in need of all your help tonight. I have been talking myself into allowing myself "just one" glass of champagne to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. I know it is ridiculous to think that I can actually have "just one" but I am still telling myself I can! I havent had a sober birthday since I was 15 and am worried about having the first one in 31 years. I should be looking forward to it but I am scared.
        Talk me out of it guys........
        Um... on my birthday I was just going to have one. It turned into 3 days. I'd just advise against it. Sore head, extra calories.
        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy - I have had enough champagne in the past week for the whole nest. :eeew::stop: (I would not want to go count the bottles in my trash can :upset
          I would have to advise against it. Enjoy your birthday with a lemonade.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIPPY CHICK:bday7::rockband::bday1::bday3::bday7::day4:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just want to thank all you for responding to a person in need. (Sheri) Thanks again.....IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dont do it Hippy....trust me.....you don;t want to feel like I do today.........
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy, Happy Birthday! Can you think of something else that's fun to do besides go out to eat/drink where you would be tempted?

Mama Bear, I am so sorry about the state of your company. You have been on such a roller coaster with that d*ck head boss of yours....sending you bear hugs!!!

Rusty

Comment

Newbies Nest

:bday7: Have a wonderful day/evening!

And Hippie... NO! :H
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

No Hippy No! I'm SOOOO impressed that you've gone since January, why mess it up now? But Happy Birthday to you.

Mama Bear - start over again today, it's ok. :-)

I had my first AF night last night in over a month. Felt good today, but I gotta say the cravings for tonight have already hit me! Grrrr....Tuesday night had a big 'ol fight w/Hubby and said a few things I should not have after consuming quite a few glasses of wine. So I then cried myself to sleep. SUX!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Hippy.....

Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

:bday7:
                        I want to live life sober....not die a drunk

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely Pic Coco....

yet another hottie!!!!

:thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am also so sorry about your company Mama Bear, and hope you are feeling better, and Hippy, don't have that glass, you have been good as everyone is telling you. You will have to start all over again. Myself I am in my 6th week, and am a little afraid to have that first glass, I want that option, but do not know if I will take it. So Hippy have a great birthday, have a glass of sparkling water, never know you may like it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for all your support today everyone, I don't know when to say one is not an alcoholic, so I guess I still am one, I forgot about that. I think once you have been one and step away from the group that helped me so much when I quit, that I must have forgotten my core problem. My past crept up on me last night, I made yet another mistake that will cost me a lot more than what I was intending, I told the truth... bit dangerous while going through a separation like myself, but I thought if I told the truth then she might let me see my son, after reading it again this morning I realized this will be used in court against me again.. no I was not drinking... anyhow babble babble babble I am glad to be still here to tell the tale, thanks Sherry, Iad and many many more. What a great place.. how could I ever leave it?

Oh and happy birthday Hippy!
                              A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair

Comment

Newbies Nest

So glad that you arent leaving us Ijust....keep coming here and you will get all the support you need...and a few laughs too...

Comment

Working...
                                X