Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello All,

Just a quick note today, I'm on lunchbreak and still have to do grocery shopping

Mama - If your company closes down you won't have to work for Satan anymore! Yay.
    This may actually be a blessing in disguise.

Hippy chick, good on you for forgoing the champ. Just think how satisfied you'll feel tomorrow to know youre still AF, and to know Al no longer has a hold on you. Happy Birthday.

We are having a Celtic festival in our local town this weekend, lots of bagpipes and riverdancing. I love it!

Talk later.
    Tant
    AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All.

Yep - it's TranqMIA. I've been busy getting ready for a little trip.

Wow, there are some really lovely ladies here in the nest. Nice to see you all...

Hippy Chick, Happy Birthday Dear! I happen to be right behind you, as my birthday is on Friday the 30th. I was actually trying to skip this one, but am celebrating with a little golf weekend. Just a 3 hour drive and three days of golfing bliss.

So Hippy, I'm intending on an af birthday. My first in a very long time. I understand your urge, but what good will it do? Like Sunni says - it doesn't even taste that good.

I have to sleep quick tonight; have to get on the road before six to beat the rush hour traffic. I'll try and check in over the weekend if I can, and get caught up on all these posts.

Take care all.
      tw
      Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tranq - Happy Birthday to you too! :bday7:
        I hope you have a fantastic time on your golfing trip..
        Sunni - Yes, me and my son looked at the flat yesterday - it was lovely, and much bigger than this place.. I am waiting to hear if I can get out of my lease early to move in.. fingers crossed!
        Going well so far today.. just having a quiet one at home with my little boy..
        Katie
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIPPY

I can't believe some of these pictures, wow!!! we're quite a stunning bunch.
          I have finally worked out what the GG after Sunshine stands for, It must be GorGeous!!

Had a crabby husband last night, he had a hard day and took it out on me.
          My knee jerk reaction was to think,
          I'll show you, you Pr**k I'm going to have a drink.
          Fortunately that thought was quickly replaced with one that went along the lines of
          "You Idiot, and who do you think you'd really be hurting"

He went in the lounge room and worked and I stayed in the living room with a nice cup of Tea.

18 days AF and the weekend is just around the corner and for the first time I embrace it confident that It will not hold anything that will make me vary from this path.

Jacqrabbit
          Happy to be back

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well nestlings - I am going to curl up on my twig over here. I made it thru the day. I don't know why I stopped taking the Topamax. Well...of course I know why - I wanted to drink. Anyway, I need to stay on that regular schedule and get back on track. Between the butt velcro and the swimming pool, I should be ok. :H
            Good night all.....
            Will be serving waffles with ice-cream in honor of Hippy Chicks birthday. That's the special treat we fix the kids.

Night all!!!!
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow.. now THERE'S the way to do it! :clapclap: Awesome, bunnygirl.. just great!

I can't tell you what the gg stands for... well, I suppose I could - but then I'd have to kill you
              It ain't THAT, though :H

Tranqataurus - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, as well!!! :l Hope you'll have a wonderful golfing trip! Does the lovely lady golf as well??????

Katie - here's to you getting that new place!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night night, Nora.. cross post!

Btw.. I meant to tell you earlier... you look SO much like a friend of mine! :eeks: I really had to look twice! :H I'm glad you made it through another day
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Hippy Chick and Tranq, good on you both having them AF!! Golf....I love golf, went golfing today, have a great golf trip Tranq!
                  AF since April 19, 2010
                  NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                  -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Newbies Nest

happy birthday hippy chick and tranq......
                    well done jacq....and hippy chick ....good on you....hello to everyone...even though you might not know me....moving house this weekend so might not be able to check in much.....
                    boyo i agree with everyone else ...what a stunning bunch you all are...
                    hang in there mama....i'm only on day 4 AF ....have no idea how i'll go long term....
                    ....at work and really need to get to work.....
                    catch you all later...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Hippy Chick

Happy Birthday Tranq

And I think it's also Running Wind's Birthday, so

Happy Birthday to RW, too!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Really Spam?

Wow - thats a lot of birthdays! Happy Birthday to Runningwind too.. and has anyone seen Lav? Not seen Anotherday for ages either..
                        I feel i've been hanging around this site most of today! as its been raining so not many places to go as i cant afford to go shopping yet again after I spent a fortune on my son's birthday presents last week..
                        Katie
                        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:bday7:
                          To Hippy,Tranq & Running..and for my baby girl for the 5th of May!!!!Stubborn little mule that she is!!! But always gorgeous!

I'm home for a wee bit after work and have just chugged a Diet Coke to distract self from thoughts of the "other".....yes, they are still with me *urgh/cringe*
                          I won't give in though!

Will be checking back in later anyway,for a better catch up, but just wanted to send the Birthday wishes that I forgot to this morning in all the flurry!
                          Catch you all in a bit!
                          Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Hip Tanq Running and Chook's chick. Hope its a good one - al free yeah

Going away for a few days with my fam and won't be back til Tuesday. Sweet!!! I'll have a lot to catch up on then.

Thinking of you all. Thanks so much for your support.
                            Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a wonderful trip Mazzie....be safe
                              Fennel should be home too, I think.
                              I feel much better..as you can tell by the ungodly hour that I am up......
                              another reveal...Nora!!!!!! Very lovely!!
                              I am putting on the grey corporate suit today in anticipation of meeting new bosses......I just my team and I get to keep our jobs......
                              Sunni...how is your demon child doing?? I have two boys and they can be a handfull...but Papa Bear (I know I am lucky to have him) does not mess around when it comes to their behavior.....
                              Oh and Sunni girl....can we PLUHEAZE all come to Canada and ride horseys??????That sounds like a dream.....we could camp or a retreat...I am very good at mucking stalls....plus we can all spy on Matt!!!!
                              Good call on the AL Hipster.....I keep thinking of Doggygirl..she was sober 8 months and had one drink and BAM...it took her another 8 months t0 stop again.....
                              Wish me luck today
                              (Got a call from the other interview...I am still "under consideration"...more corporate bs...but hopeful....
                              Chookie....be strong this weekend...I would be feeling the same pull...but after spending all day yesterday feeling like I had been barfed up by a buffalo......I don;t think so
                              JackBunny....I do the EXACT same thing.....ok F*cktard....I'll show you...glug, glug,glug.........real smart,huh
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Still alive and kicking. It's the bank holiday weekend here, the temptation will be great.
                                Might have a dip in that pool later.
                                A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair

Comment

Working...
                                X