Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
    I drew so many FIRM lines in the sand that would be erased the next time a craving hit. The only thing that is working for me is - no alcohol. Period. None.
    Oh Nora, me too. This is truly the only line I seem to be able to maintain, and so it's the line I've chosen. As Byrdie said, if any of us could stop at one (or 7 - ha!) we probably wouldn't be here. So true...
    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good morning nesters, Nice to see the nest buzzing again as its nice to share & read others peoples perception of things.

Having an absolute crap start to my day, I am not in happy mood ,I am actually a bit frustrated & angry , But. this is life & I will get through it & deal with it & without a doubt I will not drink.

Have a good day folks.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hooray Kim! Glad Day 2 went well. I think walking helps. I try to walk around 5 PM to help distract me.
        I woke up this morning very thankful that I didn't drink last night. I never regret not drinking. My sleep is already better.....not great but better!
        Onwards to Day 3.
        Last edited by Susie45; April 19, 2017, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Hi all,
          Sorry for freaking out & you guys too. I'm okay. Day 1 again after 100 plus or so. I think I am so open here ( because I feel so safe - a good thing!) I take in too much & end up confused about my path.
          Sorry for being weird and wishing you a safe and sober Wednesday xxx
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wildflower.
          Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
          And eternity in an hour.

Comment

[MENTION=9078]Lost Soul[/MENTION] .... good for you jumping straight back on the wagon...the past is gone just look forward odaat
            Last edited by tonyniceday; April 19, 2017, 08:41 AM. Reason: originally typed on phone!!

Comment

Thanks Tony - did you sort out getting antabuse btw? I used a thing called campral before - it works very well for cravings but doesn't make you ill. X
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wildflower.
              Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
              And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Wrapping up Day 3. Still struggling with the witching hour but powered through. Playing the tape forward helps.

Comment

Susie, as you know, thats just how its done! So happy for you on Day 3, soon to be 4!
                  I need to get back to my walking. My walking partner of 12 years passed away last month and I seem to be hiding from getting out there. We used to go each day at 4:30. Are you in the U.S.? Eastern time zone? Maybe we can be walking partners (virtual ones).

Busy day at work I domt know where 12 hours go?

We have a birthday girl in the nest today...our very own Available turns 29 again! Hope you enjoy your day!!! Hope your Mom behaves!

Lost Soul, glad you are back for your last and final quit! (LAFQ). Stick close!

Hope everyone has an easy evening! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Soul View Post
                    Thanks Tony - did you sort out getting antabuse btw? I used a thing called campral before - it works very well for cravings but doesn't make you ill. X
                    Its still an ongoing thing...the pharmacy managed to get a couple more weeks supply and I've seen the shrink today and she has told me about a possible uk source...if that all fails then my fall-back is to get a private script and pay for them through an online pharmacy in the USA...

Costs a packet but my quit is worth it!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Not much going on for me but that's actually preferred these days, ha ha!
                      Spent half the day getting used to the semi-quiet again. I had been watching my son's two big dogs the past 6 days, they went home last night

LS, I am glad you are OK. Stick with us & always feel safe to talk all you want - we do try to listen :hug:

Tony, sorry you are having such a hard time getting your Rx. I thought Antabuse was pretty much available everywhere.

Susie, great job on your 3 AF days!! Keep moving forward

Byrdie, I can always hop on the treadmill at 4:30 & go for a virtual walk with you!!!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!!!
                      Happy birthday Ava!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                        Susie, as you know, thats just how its done! So happy for you on Day 3, soon to be 4!
                        I need to get back to my walking. My walking partner of 12 years passed away last month and I seem to be hiding from getting out there. We used to go each day at 4:30. Are you in the U.S.? Eastern time zone? Maybe we can be walking partners (virtual ones).

Busy day at work I domt know where 12 hours go?

We have a birthday girl in the nest today...our very own Available turns 29 again! Hope you enjoy your day!!! Hope your Mom behaves!

Lost Soul, glad you are back for your last and final quit! (LAFQ). Stick close!

Hope everyone has an easy evening! Byrdie
                        Yes! I am in New York. I just started going before work again. It's finally light enough so I go at 6:00 AM. It's just me and my lab - he's a good walking partner. I am going to try to add a late afternoon walk in so yes...we could be virtual walking partners! 4:30 PM works for me! It helps keep me from thinking about a glass of wine.
                        Last edited by Susie45; April 20, 2017, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie45 View Post
                          Wrapping up Day 3. Still struggling with the witching hour but powered through. Playing the tape forward helps.
                          Susie-
                          I'm wrapping up day 3 as well and working on that goal with you really helped me. Do you want to shoot for 3 more? I understand about the witching hour (s). Mine is around 5, right after work, until about 8. It seems to ease up somewhat after that. Started supplements again and that seems to help as well.

Lost Soul - so glad you're back and ok! You're posts have always really inspired me - glad you're back in the nest. Also, I never told you "thank you" for the ideas for Belfast. I really appreciate your ideas. I'm excited about visiting Europe - it will be my first trip.

Byrdie and Lav - thanks for always checking in and offering guidance and encouragement. When I think about you ladies, Mario and some of the others, I know it IS possible for sobriety to happen.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Kim

Ton

Comment

Hello nest. Just wanted to drop in and tell Kim and Susie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                              Hello nest. Just wanted to drop in and tell Kim and Susie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
                              Thank you Nora!! One day at a time...

Comment

Hi Nest,
                                Long time no post :-) But have been keeping reading and inwardly digesting.......such a lot of support and great ideas!!!! Thanks all!

Hi to all new newbies.....as I have said before, if I can anyone can....quit! Stettle into a cosy corner and accept all the good advice here.

Well coming up to 89 days AF and the quit is intact, whew! However had, what I hoped would be the last visit to the docs yesterday only to have to get more tests done in 2 months time...AUGHHHHH! The good news is the both liver and kidney function tests are perfect! Yay! The bad news is that cholestorol is a little high, (too many crisps/potato chips, my new addiction lol!) and the sports supplements I use to help me in the gym have raised my creatine levels too much. So, have got to go 2 months without those to get signed off. The gym workout has become a major part of my quit as I promised myself I'd be fit for my 50th birthday in August. That is working and I give myself half to an hour in my gym everyday. The body has already changed.....the mind is trying desperately hard to catch up :-) I have lost 7lbs and 3inches from my waistline and added 2inches to my chest, so not bad for someone who thought I was dying in December.

The next 2 weeks will be interesting/challenging. I have family and my partnerss ex staying. My partner doesnot get along with my brother and his ex is an alcoholic!! Wish me luck, especially as have been instructed to buy in the booze! .......????......how did that happen? But NONE for me!

Note to self, 100 days in sight is not when I can relax, but is just the first 100 of the rest of my life.

Right, a busy day cleaning and getting the place in shape for the first guests on Saturday, my week 13!

Keep close all, good reading and still catching up :-)

ADP xxx
                                Last edited by ADP; April 20, 2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X