Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Be stong my friend...think of your son....
    I know....easier said than done
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm so bored! it's friday night.. nothing to do, son in bed and Masterchef on tv.. think il turn in and have an early night..
      Katie
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

be good girl......I am watching you...:sofa:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All!

Back to my penguiny self this morning!

Nora - may I have kippers for my breakfast? (They don't have them in Florida; don't know about California - but "they've gotta have them in Texas cos everyone's a millionaire." I'd ask Running Wind for some but as it's her birthday that wouldn't be right.)

Happy Birthday Tranq!!! (Do ever get the urge to change your name to Eek?)

Happy Birthday Hippy!!

I hope everyone has a great AF day (and weekend!)
          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

:bday7: Happy Birthday to all the birthday kids. Here's a big hug for all of you from your favorite big, blue monster

Nothing new here, still hanging in limbo where I was left two weeks ago. Really sucks!
            I am managing to keep myself supremely busy, I don't want to sink back into the depression I emerged from early last year. I can't let that happen again!

Looks like all the nestlings are moving forward - terrific! That's the only way to go

Keep up the great work, I'll be looking in on you for sure!!
            Have a great AF Friday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello. :new:

Apologies for posting in another thread first but I was sidetracked. LOL.

I am mid 40s and live in Australia.

I have been an alki since 1999. I had 22 months sobriety from October 2001. At that time I took Naltrexone for 6 months and used the Lifering Recovery manual and forum to stay sober.

I have been on Naltrexone since 1st November 2010 and have only drunk on one occasion since - that being New Years Eve.

My doctor started me on Baclofen today at a dose of 50mg at night. I live with my fianc? and our dog and cat.

This looks like a very supportive forum. :thanks:
              Abstinence from November 01 2009
              Relapse New Years Eve 2009
              Totally alcohol free since January 01 2010
              TSM from May 11 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Fibejibe...we have lots of Aussies here.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Mama Bear.

I notice some people have got AF and NF in their signature lines. AF I assume is alcohol free. Can I ask what the NF stands for?
                  Abstinence from November 01 2009
                  Relapse New Years Eve 2009
                  Totally alcohol free since January 01 2010
                  TSM from May 11 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

TGIF!

Welcome Fibejebe! NF stands for nicotine-free

Morning, nestlers.. real quick one.. much on the schedule today!
                    Mazzie - enjoy your weekend away, Lav - thank you for checking in/up on us!
                    MamaBear - the early bird catches the worm! (Never understood how that was encouragement to get outta bed!) LOL.. I only got 2 horsies.. but my friend has THIRTY and does overnight trail rides!

IJR - off to the pool with ya! Oh.. and Ktab came up with a dress code for our male swimmers Chook, Nora, Running.. EVERYONE.. have a great Friday!

Ohhhhh.. and Tranqabuddy.. this one's for you!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Fibejebe - NF means nicotene free. They gave up smoking.

I had nightmare last night that I was drinking and I knew how much I was disappointing all of you. Weird.

Anyway.....breakfast is on. Kippers specially for Coco. Along with Coffee, Orange Juice and Bagels. And Diet Coke.

Got to run. I'm late and my best friend is in surgery right now and I'm waiting for a call from her husband. He called me when they took her in and he promised to call as soon as she got out. Oh how I wish that I had an airplane & could just fly to where I need to be.

Ok - I'll be back.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters.

Just thought I would check in (on my new laptop - my birthday present) and tell you all......

:grouptrophy::cheering::woot:mg:wave:

I HAD MY FIRST ALCOHOL FREE BIRTHDAY IN THIRTY ONE YEARS.....

Thank you all, every single one of you for all your support and encouragement over the last four months and especially over the last few days. It means the world to me that I have such love and support from my virtual family. I couldnt have done it without you.

Have a good Friday night and even better weekend.

Hipster
                        I finally got it!
                        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh and welcome Fibejebe - I am in my mid forties and in australia too.

And Nora - hope your friend is OK.

xx
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh and Tranqer Woods. Happy Birthday to you too. Hope you have a hole in one! ( I actually prefer Padraig Harrington.... mmmm yum)
                            I finally got it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAY Hippie!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All!
                                Happy Friday morning/afternoon/evening.
                                Heading into AF weekend #5....not much planned. Daughter will be with her dad so I guess I'll get some housework done and spend some quality time with the pooch. Have a few books to read, and of course catch up with all my friends on MWO. The chat room gets really entertaining in the evenings!
                                Hope everyone has a great AF weekend. Stay safe, healthy and happy.
                                :h
                                K9
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X