Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Decided not to buy a pack of cigs when I ran out today and feel good not wasting money on it. Next 3 - 4 days are the test. Enough of smoking and slipping up AL quit

Comment

Happy Hump day all - thank you all for the well wishes for dad. We will see what today brings. Hopefully he will go from a hospital to rehab for a few weeks to build us his strength with PT.
      I have another sober day in store for myself. Starting out with a walk before work with my dog and a good audio book. Have a great day everyone! I am going to try to catch up here later today.

Comment

Hi,

Running off to work, but checking in. Feeling good.

Pav

Comment

Hello everyone,
          I was just reading Ava's post and she mentioned the Thanksgiving massacre...Pav, can you remind us what happened again? It is a good reminder of why we don't drink. Don't feel obligated if it is too hard to talk about.

My hubby flies home today, he works up in the oil sands and works 7 days up north and 7 days off. It works well for us at this stage of our life. (its good to have a break from each other) I have to make sure I keep myself occupied when he is gone so I do not drink especially now since I am unemployed.

Anyway, one day at a time.
          Do not drink today!

So good to be UN Hung on a glorious Wednesday morning
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

hi Nesters!
            I couldn't post yesterday because I had the most annoyingly sketchy internet.. on and off and on and off..
            I did manage to read a bit though..
            This will be quick.. after my first day back at work I am beat with a capital "B"! My job is very physical and I've lost a lot of strength these past few months of recovery. I still have to be patient for a couple of weeks.. then I'll have to get my butt in gear building it back up.
            I had some thoughts of drinking after work.. but realized that this is purely habit. It is so important now, as far as work goes along with everything else in my life, that I don't drink! I have to be able to think clearly, to move quickly, to be creative, to be able to communicate, to have a strong immune system so I don't get sick.. So I had a little nap instead.

Susie, I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope he will recover quickly..and I'm glad you were able to be there for him.
            Mr. V, I'm happy you've come right back to the Nest.

Ok all.. big hugs and see you tomorrow morning at the latest..
            Last edited by lifechange; May 10, 2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Mr V - glad you jumped right back into the nest. Sounds like you have analyzed what happened and have a good plan for not going down the same path.

Neo good job with the cigs

Susie - sorry to hear about your dad. It's definitely hard to watch parents age and to be there as helpers.

Hugs and waves to everyone on this happy hump day!
              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Late check in this morning due to an early start at work. Back in the saddle. Thanks for the support all.

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                  hi Nesters!

This will be quick.. after my first day back at work I am beat with a capital "B"! My job is very physical and I've lost a lot of strength these past few months of recovery. I still have to be patient for a couple of weeks.. then I'll have to get my butt in gear building it back up.
                  I had some thoughts of drinking after work.. but realized that this is purely habit. It is so important now, as far as work goes along with everything else in my life, that I don't drink! I have to be able to think clearly, to move quickly, to be creative, to be able to communicate, to have a strong immune system so I don't get sick.. So I had a little nap instead.
                  Hi LC. Yeah, it's not easy returning to MMA fighting after a lay off. I'm sure you'll be fine in the ring for tomorrows fight against Mulchin' Merkel. :congratulatory: All the best with your return to work good buddy.

Big waves to everyone!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Great to see everyone checking in and working his/her plan.
                    Stick to it, and I promise you wont be sorry. There is nothing like MindPeace! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening everyone,

Hope we all had a good Hump day

LC, it is rough getting back to work after surgery, give yourself some time!

Neo, stick to your plan & make this quit your very last!

Narilly, I kind of like that work schedule your husband has, ha ha!

Byrdie, I have to agree, the mindpeace is priceless. Why would we give it up after fighting so hard to find it, right?

Have a safe night in the nest one & all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Quick sober check in....been very busy lately and haven't caught up with everyone here. Need more hours in the day! Heading off to bed to get some much needed sober zzzzzzs.

Comment

Hey Ya everyone, just checkin in to say hi.
                          Hello G!
                          Byrdie- yup we are working it.
                          Hey ya Susie have a good sleep.
                          Lav, his work schedule is pretty sweet. Thank goodness he is working, the oil patch is kinda hurting still. That is why I am unemployed at this moment. I imagine I will be working soon enough so I am going to enjoy as much time off as I can!
                          I saw an inspirational video today by Mathew McConnaughey where he said that he was his own hero and to keep chasing who we want to be. Anyway, Google his name and watch the inspirational speech by him, it is a good one. Who do you want to be in 10 years? Not someone who has left a wasteland behind but someone who has lived a 'sober' 10 years and has been the best they can be. Be the best you can be, live the live you want- for me this means I cannot and will not drink. I do not want to look back in 10 years and regret my life.

Whew, I need to go to bed.
                          Goodnight!
                          xo
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Just a quick check-in before I'm off to bed. Really tired tonight but as I've said before, its the "good" kind of tired from mental/physical work and not that soul-sapping tired from alcohol. Feels good to be sober.

Goodnight all and hope everyone has a great AL free Thursday.

Kim

Comment

Well first Day in Cig quit and feel quite good (Not day 3 yet lol). Got haircut to feel better and guy on street lit up when I jumped in car. Oh well. Had good discussion with hairdresser that I'm quitting and trying my best. Put L-glut back in diet and seems to be making me more focused but will give it a good May run. Eating good foods, B Multi, May pay throw in some vit C for May as well. Stick to the plan

Comment

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been in MWO. I lost a friend ItsJustme who was a member here, and thought I'd cozy up in the nest for a bit. I'm doing pretty well, not much time to drink as I'm full time study for the first time in 20 years and need to function! I'm not completely AF, but I always strive for it. I actually haven't thought about drinking much lately until I saw my friend died on Facebook. I was worried he died of something AL related. I know he loved life, and loved his drinks, but also really wanted to quit. It's tough, to know how I'm feeling about my own situation. I guess I'd say I am really not feeling like drinking at all. And the sadness of this death, is also concern for health in general. I actually didn't even think about how health was effected by AL when I first came to MWO in 2010. Until someone mentioned it on one of my threads. I always was more concerned about my behaviour or how I acted during a blackout. (which is health related for sure) I worried about the shame I had surrounding my drinking and my impulsive drinking once a bottle was open, I worried about cravings, hangovers, but not really death. Anyway, thanks for listening.
                                AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X