Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi, All:

Hi, Choices. So sorry for your - our - loss. I am glad you popped in to say hi and to let us know. There is no doubt that drinking a poison every day can't be good for you. If you strive for AF, what is that final step you might take to keep you there? As someone here once said, if only one, why not none?

Nar - The Thanksgiving Massacre is what I have dubbed my last weekend drinking over a Thanksgiving break. Nothing spectacular, just four nights of heavy drinking ("vacation! What fun??!!") followed by the worst combination of feelings in a hangover I've ever had. Anxious, sad, afraid, ashamed, nausea, headache, lonely, etc... I use that feeling as a catalyst to stay sober - I NEVER want to feel like that again. Never...

This week has felt like 5. I love my job AND I can't wait until this particular week is over...

So Happy it's Thursday! (Not TGIF, but SHI...)

xo
    Pav

Comment

Hi nesters near and not so far.

Why it's day %#^&*?! here and feeling pretty good, but who, i say who's counting.

Nice to see you Choices, even though it's under sad circumstances. My thoughts go out to Itsjustme and his family and friends. Health in general is something this poison will affect sooner or later. Just feeling crap is a big clue. Life can be so fleeting and fragile, we really have to live it and take some level of care of ourselves. Take care of yourself amigo.

No post birthday massacre, or post course completion/pass annihilation here. And there will be no more massacres or self harming behaviour (boozing) from this crazy pilgrim. Gawd, life is here for the taking isn't it? Anything is possible. Anything. Yep, even for you over there curled up in a corner, on a corner in fear anxiety, tears and shame. You are not to blame, so don't wear it. Rise and shine partner.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Choices, Im so sorry to hear of ItsJustMe's passing. Sad, indeed. I was just looking back at some of his posts, like you, I hope it wasnt AL realted. It could happen to any of us, some of the stupid things I did, I just shake my head. Even the dark moods it put me in, I just didnt know how to get out. What an awful headspace. We can only hope and believe he is at peace now.

Wishing everyone an easy evening. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We had a damp & chilly day here once again. Such odd almost mid-May weather.

Choices, good to see you again & I hope you are OK. I did not know about It'sJustMe, that's very sad news.
          Ihope you choose to stick around with us for a good long while & lean on us for a bit :hug:

Neo, glad to hear of your progress.

Hello to G, Pav, Byrdie, Kim, Susie & everyone checking in today.
          Have a safe night in the nest one & all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Long and rather harrowing day at work but ending with no alcohol. On the cusp of another weekend - which is always challenging- but have lots to do and that will help.

Goodnight to all and happy Friday...

Kim

Comment

Well knocked Day 2 of cigs. Taste has returned, L-Glut supp working well .Had 1 good scoop before bed and this morning/at lunch. Get a nice little boost , kills cravings , the mental fog and eating well . Bought some Magnesium powder to add and see how we go. In a cig quit a few years ago , I never really drank alot of beer when off them and can't remember a time where I ever drank heavily without smoking heavily (Never really could) .So for me, the cig quit will play a huge part in AL quit and combining cigs has made a diff in just 2 days with good supps compared to AL only quit. This is the way forward for me.

No real bad anxiety and no valium taken so far
              Last edited by Neo; May 12, 2017, 04:35 AM.

Comment

TGIF nesters....looking forward to the weekend despite the nasty forecast. NY is getting a soaker on Saturday. Wish I had today off from work but no such luck.

Comment

Hi Nesters,
                  just a quickie quick quick today, again..
                  I'm definitely aware that I can't make it a habit.. but the girls are back with me today after a week away and I want to focus on them.. and the weather is gorgeous! finally feeling like summer.. so until tomorrow. I'll get up extra early to read back. Hope everyone is set up for a successful sober weekend. That is the main thing.. no alcohol! I'm hoping mine will be relaxing.
                  big hugs to all of you! xx

Comment

Another busy day here, could have never done this trying to juggle AL. I thank my lucky stars every day that I muscled thru the challenging times to reach the other side. Hang in, Nesters, its only Friday, not a ticket to Boozeville. Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Just a super quick check in for me tonight. My granddaughter is here for an overnight stay, fun times
                      This is yet another reason I am so grateful for my quit & intend to keep it going forever & ever!

Great to see everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TGIF everyone, have a great night.
                        I am looking forward to waking up Un Hung tomorrow. Traditionally Saturday was always a big hung over day for me. I used to beat myself up every Saturday all bloated and feeling like crap. I would say "I wish I could quit" over and over. Well, I have quit, I Yeah Baby!!! I will wake up feeling good tomorrow. Thank goodness.

Have a good one everyone.
                        xo
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Rough week. I'm dreaming of my coffee tomorrow morning UN HUNG! So excited...

Happy Friday. No ticket to boozeville here.

Pav

Comment

Hello nesters. Well today as i was driving, a call centre rang me to confirm an old subscription. 'Mr Gman?' me - 'this is he'...call centre - 'we have a front row VIP ticket to boozeville for you for tonight sir'....me - 'No thanks friend. Now unsubscribe me.'

Take it easy out there and do something nice for yourself.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Pav, ever since you mentioned the joy of that first morning coffee unhung years ago, I have noticed how tasty and enjoyable it is each (and every) day. It is those little things that have made all the difference for me. I drink coffee like I drank wine - only at very specific times but every day. As with wine, the first cup is by far the most rewarding. I usually have a couple more but they never seem nearly as "good". But the big difference is, I then STOP drinking coffee. I continued to fill that stupid wine glass (or gulp it from the bottle) when it no longer tasted or felt good. Madness! I am so glad not to be caught in that cycle anymore (but keep away from my coffee :wink.

I hope you have a restoring weekend after your tough week and that your family spoils you rotten tomorrow :hug:.

Comment

The Dreaded Day 3 complete AL & NF . L-Glut worked wonders and could feel at times the brain confusion coming through. Had WPC Protein shake mid arvo with tank water , scoop L-Glut and chia seeds. That calmed me right down and made me feel great .Cheap mid main meal replacement on the go .
                                Last edited by Neo; May 13, 2017, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X