Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi, All:

Kensho - I do talk to my kids about it. My older son was the "sober" kid for a long time but recently has taken up drinking with gusto. I tell him my fears for his future and give him the facts and as many boundaries as I can given he's really a young man now. It does freak me out how easily some parents provide opportunity for kids to drink, if not the alcohol itself. Wags - I'd love to see those advertisements.

Ava - hope you feel better.

I have to run to work. Will check in later. Did we get a whole 24 hours without a Byrdie or a Lav check in???? There's a disturbance in the Force...

xo
    Pav

Comment

Hey Pav, I've just been slammed at work this week.

I have some very sad news to share with the nest, I got a note this morning from our friend, Lil Bit. Earlier this week she learned that she has several brain tumors and I'm afraid the prognosis isn't good. The doctors are expecting 6-12 months for her so she is getting her affairs in order. She wanted me to pass along her sincerest gratitude for making the last years of her life sober, productive ones....and ones upon which she can be very proud. She will be checking in with us, but wanted me to let you all know that she can use our most positive energy and support. Our very best to you, Lil Bit...we will hold you close in our thoughts and prayers. Stength and MindPeace to you, sweet lady.
      Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie-thank you so much for sharing the very sad news about Lil Bit. I used to follow her posts regularly. Lil Bit, I will be praying for you. Holding you close today.:hug:

Comment

Hello Everyone here at the nest

I jump in here sometimes and share, remember and thanks everyone ... ! MWO has always been there to support even during my sober times.

First all so sorry to hear about your friend Byrdlady but we will be here supporting Lil Bit.

So last weekend I decided to do something crazy. I participated in a 176 km Grand Fondeo called Cyclotour du leman (cycling event) and I finished it. I decided to blow up all the money I saved over last several months by not drinking alcohol ... and man what an experiance it was. I celebrated my sobriety by participating in this event !!!
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Thanks for letting us know about Lilbit Byrdie,praying for her
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone,

Byrdie, I'm so sorry to hear about Lil Bit. Sending all my sober, positive energy and thoughts her way.

Once again, I have had so much to catch up on here in the nest! I have been busy then got slammed with a nasty bug so I've been pretty sluggish and unresponsive.

Kensho, I have a drinking spouse. He has some of the same tendencies that I do as a drinker. Drinks a bottle of wine almost every night. It is annoying and I often think we would be much closer if he was on my sober journey with me. I don't spend too much time on those thoughts because he's not interested in quiting drinking. It's my journey, my path so I'm focused on worrying about my sobriety and not his for now. That's as much as I can do at this moment.

Happy sober Friday everyone!
              Roobs

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I was away for a few days, tried to post but couldn't get it to go thru.
                I enjoyed a few nice beach day with my daughter & granddaughter & feel blessed.

Byrdie, I am very sad to hear about Lil, was just thinking of her a few days ago. I hope she knows that many people care about her & together we wish her strength & comfort :hug:

Rahul, congrats on your cycling event, sounds awesome.

Glad to see everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                  Hey Pav, I've just been slammed at work this week.

I have some very sad news to share with the nest, I got a note this morning from our friend, Lil Bit. Earlier this week she learned that she has several brain tumors and I'm afraid the prognosis isn't good. The doctors are expecting 6-12 months for her so she is getting her affairs in order. She wanted me to pass along her sincerest gratitude for making the last years of her life sober, productive ones....and ones upon which she can be very proud. She will be checking in with us, but wanted me to let you all know that she can use our most positive energy and support. Our very best to you, Lil Bit...we will hold you close in our thoughts and prayers. Stength and MindPeace to you, sweet lady.
                  Byrdie
                  Oh no. Geez! Lil is such a cool person and strong life force. I love it when she posts. I am so sad to hear this. Lil, i send you all the positive healing vibes and strength i can muster. I will pray for you too. I'm praying for a miracle for you gorgeous woman. Gawd, this is upsetting news. Thanks for letting us know Byrdy. Please pass on my warmest regards.

Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi all,
                    Sending lots of sober wishes to everyone x
                    Sending love & prayers to lil bit - that is very sad news & I'm sure a very big shock
                    Thankyou Byrdie for sharing - I hope you are okay.
                    Take care
                    LS
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wildflower.
                    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Hi, Nest:

Oh, Byrdie. That is such shocking news. I am sending love, strength, and a good laugh to Lil. She knows laughter is good medicine. I am so sorry to hear this news, and thanks for letting us know.

Pav

Comment

Hello everyone, oh man, such sad news about Lil Bit. I am sending love and strength as well. Big hugs from me. Thanks Byrdie.
                        xo

It is a beautiful day here today. So happy to be sober and healthy. We have a chef coming into our house today to make us a nice dinner with appetizers, main course, salad and dessert. YUM! I am really looking forward to it and will let you know how it is. There will be no wine pairing with it though, I told the chef it would be a no alcohol meal.

Have a great day everyone.
                        xo
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Morning nesters

Lil, i am thinking of you during this time. to see any of our close knit family go through anything so hard is heartbreaking. Take good care of yourself. sending you positive thoughts and love.

Im feeling 110% after being sick for a week and a half.

How was your dinner nar? sounds like a lovely night, any night i dont cook is a great night and thats at least 5 nights a week.

Looking after the twin 4 year olds so not much time to chat.

Take care. x
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening, Nesters.
                            I cant get Lil Bit off my mind. She is such a lovely, funny and gifted lady. Life is so precious. She is a shining example of grace and wonder.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night in the nest. Hugs all, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening all Nesters, past, present & future.

Thinking of Lil as well Byrdie. I hope she can check in with us & get a big dose of virtual love & concern from all of us :hug:
                              Life is indeed precious & if we don't know that now we need to learn it very quickly. Nothing is promised, every day is a gift that we should appreciate with everything we have to offer. Take care of yourself & one another & most of all be kind.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm here, with a delicious cup of coffee on this chilly Sunday morning, grateful I had a good night's sleep and don't feel any GSR.

Off to take care of some errands and maybe get in a hike.

xo
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X