Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

LilBit, I've been thinking of you so often since I heard about your diagnosis. I am so sorry. It doesn't seem fair and it is so hard to understand why such bad things sometimes happen to good people. You had such a funny and upbeat approach to your addiction and breast cancer challenges. It was a joy to read your posts and to celebrate your successes. If attitude and determination can make a difference in this new disease, you have those powers. Most of all, I hope you aren't in great pain and are receiving the love and support you need and deserve. xx, NS

Comment

Good afternoon everyone.
      xo Lil Bit

Have a great Sunday, I am off to walk my doggies. So happy to be feeling good. We had a really nice supper last night and drank Perrier in our wine glasses. It was very enjoyable.

Don't drink today.

Talk to you later.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear the news about Lil Bit. I always loved her funny, articulate, upbeat posts. Byrdie, please pass on my love and best wishes when you speak to her next. Please tell her I am thinking of her often.

Comment

Evening, Nesters.
          Looking forward to a day off tomorrow. Im having lunch with a high school classmate of mine and looking forward to that.

We went to a neighbothood party last night. It was at 7:30 and I noticed that many of the people who came in were already pre-loaded. Thats what I used to do. I had two of my neighbors tell me they loved me! Bah! As always, I ate before going and I took my own drink. I left around 9:30, hubs came home at 11:30. I understand it went on until 1. I bet there were a lot of big heads this morning. Glad mine wasnt one if them. Going to parties gets easier each time. Like everything else, practice makes perfect.
          Hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Byrdie

Edit to add, Soft Focus, I will pass LB your warm wishes. Thank you.
          Last edited by Byrdlady; May 28, 2017, 06:05 PM.
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greeting Nesters,

Damp & cool here in Lav-land, oh well. Glad I didn't plan any outside celebrations this weekend.
            Actually, I am not able to gather my happy little family together for holidays since my DIL decided last September that she no longer wants anything to do with us
            She had an EPIC mood swing & just blew us off like we were dirt or something. Now my son & my daughter are no longer speaking over this & it just breaks my heart. WTF is wrong with people anyway? Sorry, I will end my rant but I am not happy about this, not at all. I don't know why my son puts up with her but it's not something I can fix.

Byrdie, glad you powered thru your party as usual.
            I will be thinking of Lil every single day & praying for her comfort & peace :hug:

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Nest! Doing a fly by tonight!
              I have been working a second job so I haven't had much time left over to be online.
              205 days sober!
              I go to therapy every Friday. I read about my addiction and I watch related videos. I keep a gratitude journal. I listen to hypnosis. I pray and I go to church. I take good care of myself. I feel like I fought a bloody battle but I am now healing. I put down my sword. Fighting alcohol never worked for me. I had to forfeit and move on.
              I hope everyone in the nest is doing well. I miss hanging out with you guys!
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Nursie, I'm so happy and proud to hear this! Sobriety IS possible for all of us, we have to make that decision and committment to make it happen. Keep up the great work! Here's your Llama! :llama: Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Nursie, that is good to hear. Like Byrdie says, keep up the good work!

Byrdie, I am sure you were happy not to have a 'big head' the day after the neighborhood party. Isn't it nice? When I see other drunk people I just cringe because that was me for so many years.

Hey Lav, I feel your pain. DIL's sometimes can just really change the whole family dynamic and not in a good way. Hang in there and hopefully it will get better after time goes by. ugh

It is a beautiful day here and I was up at 6:30 this morning Un Hung on Monday, oh yeah! Every Monday I wake up without a hangover is a blessing.

Have a great day everyone and don't drink today.
                  xo
                  Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi, All:

Lav - that must be so hard for you. I'm sorry! I am sorry for her to be missing out on her relationship with you all, and especially for your son. Humans are tough to figure out.

Byrdie - I love that feeling I get when I hear about a party like that - grateful that I don't feel like they all do.

HI, Nursie. Great to see you.

It is Memorial Day here in the US - a day that we remember those who have died in the armed services. However, traditionally, it is a BBQ/drinking day as well. It was on Memorial Day four years ago that I had one of the last terrible drinking days. I drank all day at a party, and couldn't sleep that night. I felt so bad, sad, scared, confused and upset. I am so glad that I don't have to feel that way (because of alcohol) again. Why would I do that to myself?? That day started me on my true effort to moderate that ended in my finally quitting. Phew.

Ok - happy Monday all.

Pav

Comment

Hi nesters,

Nursie, good to hear from you. I was thinking about you the other day when I checked in and hoped you were doing well. I'm right behind you on sober days, so you're kind of my sober big sister. I'm happy to hear you're doing well and taking care of yourself!!

Yesterday, we went to not one but two weddings. We're not in An age group that Goes to many weddings anymore at least not until , nieces and nephews and our own kids start getting married. As luck would have it we get invited to two on the same day at the same time! We love both of these couples so we were determined to make it happen. Thankfully they were not far away from each other so we were able to make both of them. I wasn't worried about drinking since I'm the DD but there was one moment I was caught off guard, the waiters were pouring champagne in all the glasses for the toasts. I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it. At first I thought, I'll just put the glass to my lips and then I realized, duh just pick up your water glass or your Diet Coke and toast. Nobody was watching and nobody cared. Yay. I had a great time celebrating wonderful people, eating delicious food and dancing the night away. I love dancing and I love it more when I'm sober. Who knew?

Happy Memorial Day everyone, today we honor those who have given their lives in order to protect ours and our country.

Roobs
                      Last edited by Roobs; May 29, 2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Hi all,
                        Hope you are all well x

Lav I am so sorry to hear of your DIL's decision sending you a virtual hug and hand to hold x

Love to all
                        LS
                        Last edited by Lost Soul; May 29, 2017, 02:33 PM. Reason: Typo
                        To see a world in a grain of sand
                        And a heaven in a wildflower.
                        Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                        And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

It was a quiet but somehow busy Memorial day here, not sure why ha ha!

Sorry about my rant last night but thanks for your responses. I guess you can tell that this dysfunctional stuff is getting on my nerves - just a bit
                          In the big scheme of things, everything is OK, perfect in fact! My DIL can do what she wants to do, it just doesn't matter.

Nursie, you sound great, good for you!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just back from a weekend of camping and I'm catching up on all the news in the nest...

Byrdie - I'm so sorry to hear the news from Lil Bit- such devastating news. Thank you for letting us all know, and for passing back our love and thoughts to her. Lots of warm feathered friends here in the nest are pulling for her - at the very least for her comfort and her quality of life.

Lav - that is sad about your DIL. Hard to understand when people make such unexpected turns like that, especially when it ripples out and affects so many other people.

Ava - glad you're feeling better!!

Rahul - great to see you, and congrats on your accomplishment. That is a fantastic way to celebrate your sobriety!!!

Hugs and waves to all. Have a great MAE in the nest.
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good morning everyone!
                              Happy Un Hung Tuesday for me. I actually got up at 6:30 and have been doing a few things. It is amazing to wake up feeling good and being productive. No bloodshot eyes, wine mouth, puffy face, bruises from an unknown origin. Thank goodness. I never thought I would be able to quit drinking I loved it so much. The buzz just made me feel SO good but that first buzz only lasted for about an hour and then I descended into oblivion after that. I was afraid I would lose friends and that everything would change. You know, it did change but for the better. I may not hang out with my drinking friends as much but now I feel so much better about myself. I don't have all this self loathing which I used to have.

Ya Roobs, its funny how no one notices if you drink or not. Only the alkies care about that!

Wags, camping sounds fun. Good to get away. Camping was always a drinking time for me but that has changed. Now we go camping with No alcohol at all and it is great.

Anyway, Lav, my brother's first wife was a total nightmare. She used to compare her family to ours all the time and point out all my mom and my flaws. My brother started to be a real jerk towards us and became really judgy. They split up and my brother re married but he has changed since that first marriage. She really messed him up and our relationship with him will never be the same. It really sucks.

Have a great day everyone and don't drink!
                              Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Morning, Nest:

Nar - this about sums it up.

Originally posted by narilly View Post
                                No bloodshot eyes, wine mouth, puffy face, bruises from an unknown origin. Thank goodness. I never thought I would be able to quit drinking I loved it so much.
                                I loved it so much AND it made me feel terrible. In retrospect, I DIDN'T love it so much, only that initial feeling that I spent the rest of the night chasing. Thank goodness to be done with that.

The second best thing about a three day weekend (the first being the three day weekend itself) is the four day week that follows. It's already Tuesday!

Take care of yourselves, Nesters, and as Nar says, don't drink!

xo
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X